new category and board on fibsboard

Started by stog, September 08, 2011, 09:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny_Boy

I am reading this thread and wondering if it is just a few people that have personal grudges.... I find Tigergammon to be another site to have fun on... everyone there is enjoying it and the lack of timeouts and structure to the point of absurdity. Fibs could very well become the "alternative site"

vegasvic

Hear Hear JB ... i could not have put it in better words .

Welcome to the unsavory group now you are an official member in good standing .

Can we get a comment please from the upright fibsters out there.

vegasvic

Thank you Tanika for the ART and thank you Vic for the gammon board :)

garp_02

I wish all at Tigergammon the best.

I'm not quite sure why you are posting on Fibsboard though. I know it's not officially connected to Fibs but is supposed to be Fibs-related.

moonshadow

Quote from: vegasvic on December 22, 2012, 05:27:15 AM
But be fair warned there is no mother hen on Tigergammon .

Nor anyone handing out yellow and red flags.

Happy holidays and best wishes to you and yours .

Quote from: vegasvic on December 22, 2012, 11:37:18 AM
I am the only Tigergammon player that has lost his or her shouts .

I'm very confused. Does this mean vic gagged himself?

vegasvic

Garp you should ask stog about this .
I think it was his idea to have a Tigergammon link.

You really need to take it easy on that heart of yours and stay out of this link maybe ?

just sayin :)

Now as for the Bible Thumper what took you so long ?

yes i am the only shout banned fibster playing on Tigergammon ... is that a surprise you ?

garp_02

OK Victor, for once I'll take your advice.

Stog, why do we have a link to another backgammon site?

P.S. Nice of you to bring up my heart condition Vic - I have given you the respect of not mentioning your mental problems and I expect the same in return. But hey - I wouldn't expect anything else from you.

vegasvic

zbilbo

Quote from: Johnny_Boy on December 22, 2012, 03:36:45 PM
I am reading this thread and wondering if it is just a few people that have personal grudges.... I find Tigergammon to be another site to have fun on... everyone there is enjoying it and the lack of timeouts and structure to the point of absurdity. Fibs could very well become the "alternative site"

I quite agree on all points!

Tiga is as far as I have tried to well functioning, even though it is in beta. Its VERY fast, the bots are fast, and to my knowledge no drag if more people log in or any limit on that part. It should be real life tested of course with more people, doing all sorts of traffic to the server and then one might put up some judgement on that part, but still.

I am my self a software developer and have done some minor software developing towards fibs-related issues, and I know its a lot of stuff to take care of, so very much cudos to Andreas for what he has managed so far. its quite impressive actually!

moonshadow

Quote from: vegasvic on December 22, 2012, 05:24:25 PM
Now as for the Bible Thumper what took you so long ?

yes i am the only shout banned fibster playing on Tigergammon ... is that a surprise you ?

You previously said," I am the only Tigergammon player that has lost his or her shouts ," which is ambiguous and confusing.  In light of the conversation in the thread and what you said, I took it to mean you had either been shout banned at tigergammon or perhaps voluntarily gagged yourself by attempting to fellate a stogie. Thanks for the clarification.

vegasvic

moonshadow

There is a glitch with all the tigergammon robots.

If you play a robot and are losing, you can just drop the match and re-invite the robot to start a new match.

Rating boosters are hard at work repeatedly dropping matches against bots until they finally win one.

diane

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

that must be so good for them - they obviously really miss that at Fibs..
Never give up on the things that make you smile

vegasvic

I'ts a glitch we all know about ... and Andreas is working on it .........

Once all the glitches are out and we are bug free he will set everyone back to 1500 or better yet maybe their last FIBS rating .

Keep the constructive comments coming . 

And merry Christmas to you all at fibs from tigergammon !!
From my house to the gutter where it seems you guys want to reside in .
You can talk all the trash you want its not going to change Andreas effort to have an alternate site.  

zbilbo

Quote from: moonshadow on December 26, 2012, 09:50:30 PM
There is a glitch with all the tigergammon robots.

If you play a robot and are losing, you can just drop the match and re-invite the robot to start a new match.

Rating boosters are hard at work repeatedly dropping matches against bots until they finally win one.

Quote from: diane on December 27, 2012, 02:25:46 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

that must be so good for them - they obviously really miss that at Fibs..

As the server is not in full run yet, it doesn't matter. As to my understanding all ratings will be nullified at release. sorrytigger may or may not confirm this if he wants.

As to why one would care so much as to actually go there and watch what is happening,  and report an already reported bug, or even worse, care to cheer on when not planning to join at all ...

Tip moonshadow:
on tigga just 'shout TODO and some bug report'

and sorrytigger wil log it and pick it up later on.

thx for helping out debugging btw.

vegasvic

I am trying to think WHY do you BOTH care about what happens on this forum or on tigergammon ?

We see your blind judgmental attitude . MOVE ON . there is gridgammon and FIBS.

dorbel

What does a rating matter on any server? By carefully selection of opponents (bots who will start a new match after being dropped are ideal in this respect of course) and careful selection of match length, a rating can be whatever you want it to be within reason. Never quite seen the point of chasing a number myself, but to each his own.
There is no relationship between separate systems, so transferring ratings from one server to another has no logic, particularly in the case of rating hunters of course. The purest list is probably Fibsleagammon, no short matches, no choosing of opponents, no droppers and no bots. Even then of course it only serves to order the players in the list. The actual numbers are irelevant.
I wish tigergammon every success, as we all do I am sure. It does though bear an uncanny resemblance to that early SF staple, the small crew who flee Earth and its despotic rulers for Alpha Centauri (other planetary systems are available) with a spaceship full of robots. Mayhem and hilarity ensue.

vegasvic

i think you  will see most of the players that now play on tigergammon to help andreas find all the bugs .

Also play on FIBS and GRID and Fibsleague .

To my view its the four of you that seem to be commenting on Tigergammon , where you have ZERO interest .

I say again MOVE on children its a wide open internet out there and may you find a peaceful playground.

You wish tigergammon success but cant help TRASH the idea . Is it some sort of a threat to you guys if another site is successful ?

zbilbo

Quote from: vegasvic on December 27, 2012, 07:41:37 PM
i think you  will see most of the players that now play on tigergammon to help andreas find all the bugs .

At this time I think this is the main issue here, and as such other are more than welcome to test it out in every wicked way they want. Cheat, or not, any stuff done to this server at the moment as a player, I would guess are more than welcome.

As I have mentioned earlier, I think its quite stable and very well playable, though it has some minor quirks still (mostly the bots are somewhat unstable from time to time). Most are known, but the more people using it and testing it the better.

I have not yet encountered any show stopping bugs, and I will again stress the amount of work done in creating this server, and thank sorrytigger.

MISS_IRAN

well
I've been playing on tiger like 10 months ago, I remember I couldn't finish my matches with Bots so I left   :unsure:, but tonight i played 4-5 1pointers there and I had no problem. Seems that the Server is working better :cool:
kαtαΩέh