TourneyBot Testing

Started by Tom, September 11, 2011, 04:01:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

There have been a couple of times recently when I have asked for people to help test the code in a test bot and then if something goes
wrong I am given crap about this or that.

I would like to remind all of you I do this because I enjoy it.

The more fun I have the more I will work on it (Human nature)

Tonight I had to beg someone to explain what they meant when they asked if the new code fixed
"The clock problem"

Give me a Break, tell me what you mean, I get all kinds of bug reports.

If you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem.

Tom

Patti

That sucks, Tom.  I don't know what happened, but it sucks.

I don't understand that attitude, but I get it all the time.  People seem to think that you owe them something, and they forget that you're working hard to give them something for free.

socksey

Yes, it does suck.   :cry:

Three times recently, TourneyBot has failed and I have been elected to run tourneys manually using Challonge.com. 

I always look forward to Sunday and playing in the Bloody Mary's Tourney without hassle after having hosted tourneys on Friday and Saturday mornings.   :yes:

Today there were 26 players in the tourney and although I announce that people will please enter their scores themselves, I had to do it for them MANY times.   :dry:  I also had two timeouts that I had to time.   :ohmy:  I'm wondering why people take advantage of us the way they do.   :mad:

While I'm happy to have a lot of participation, I do this out of the goodness of my heart.   :mellow:  I may not always be willing to backup TourneyBot, so I would appreciate more cooperation from the players.   :)

socksey

Tom

I added some code to get around the problem.

I just ran a test tourney (with a lot of helpers joining) and it went ok

tom