News:

we welcome new Sponsors..keep the board going.....advertise your thing for a modest donation contact the webmaster@fibsboard.com

Main Menu

When I am winning against the gammonbots, the game stops

Started by kevinnyc, September 16, 2011, 03:06:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevinnyc

this has happened twice now.  I was winning against a bot, the bot offered me an "N" or an X.  I assume that X means I refuse the offer (unless N meant normal resignation) so I clicked X.  It froze the board. 

This happened before.  When I tried to resume the game, several times, I could not. Only by resigning could I end the game.

is this a "bot bug" or am I just not understanding something.

thanks

jackdaddy

After you refuse the resign, it is your turn to roll, though it isn't apparent. Send the command "roll" to the server and it should be fine. On the other hand, why not accept the resignation?

dorbel

The Gammonbots do occasionally offer an incorrect resign. It isn't an attempt to cheat. It occurs when to lose a gammon requires a parley of something like bot 2-1, you 6-6, bot 2-1. I think what happens is that this parley, less than 1 in 10,000, is so close to zero thatthe bot thinks it is zero and offers a normal resign accordingly. If you  correctly refuse this, you will need to use the command roll.

ah_clem

You don't say what client you're using, but it sounds like JavaFibs. If that's the case,  N means "resign normal" and if you click the N you accept the resignation and the game ends.   If you click the X, you decline the offer so the game continues.   Click the board to roll, or use the roll command.

But I'd recommend accepting the resign offer from the bot.  If it thinks it's finished, it almost certainly is.

kevinnyc

:) :) thanks

I am new & didn't know about the "roll" command

yes it was Java FIBS