News:

hover/mouseover topics on the forum/board index, now gives you the preview of the first post within a topic

Main Menu

Fare the well

Started by JonJon, June 20, 2004, 08:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonJon

I have been booted from the TB Directors closed forum, apparently for letting on that such a thing existed.

I play BG for fun. This whole mess makes me sick.

I originally applied to be a TF so that I could make a POSITIVE contribution to the FIBS community. I tried to stand up for what I thought was right.

I was the first person to ask for a closed forum for TD's. It was my belief that persons selected to be TD's could use such a forum responsibly and not abuse it. I wanted TB to be the best it could be and make FIBS a little more fun for everbody. I was wrong.

I hereby renounce my membership as a TD and in Fibsboard. Please remove my account.

Sincerely,

Jonathan

EddieVedd

Very sad turn of events  :(

Ironic Avatar ! :huh:

JonJon Posted on Jun 20 2004, 08:04 AM
Quoteso that I could make a POSITIVE contribution to the FIBS community

Me too  :)

I hope You return soon JonJon  :rolleyes:  

Transparency please re decision to "Boot" !

I think all TD's need to be drunk  :wacko:  No-one need this sh*t !

Stay Safe JonJon     :kiss:     Please hold off removal of your account 'till this is sorted out.

Sincerely,

Eddie.
[size=8]"..father he enjoyed collisions...others walked away...[/size]...."

badspellr

I've known JonJon in the real world for far longer than either of us has been on fibs.  He is as good a guy as anybody could hope to know.  

I can't believe that it has come to this.

Why don't we treat each other better? :tears:  

badspellr

I didn't mean to take a side in the above post.  I don't know how things got this far and I niether know nor care who is to blame.  It is none of my business.   I'm just sorry to see hurt feelings and a good friend leaving fibsboard.  

socksey

I think the only way to subscribe to a thread is to post to it, so that is why I am posting now, although I have nothing else to say to the thread at the present time.

socksey

The Pessimist complains about the wind,
The Optimist hopes it will change,
The Realist adjusts the sails.
The laywers sue it,
The engineers measure it,
The doctors fix it,
The politicians tax it.

burper

socksey. Assuming by subscribe you mean to have further postings emailed to you, use the 'track this topic' button at the top of the thread. It's under the help page, 3 or 4 items down:
http://www.fibsboard.com/index.php?act=Help&CODE=01&HID=5

EddieVedd

badspellr Posted on Jun 20 2004, 09:26 PM
QuoteI don't know how things got this far............ I'm just sorry to see hurt feelings and a good friend leaving fibsboard

I couldn't put it any better. Could someone who knows please give reason to this seemingly negative outcome ?  :huh:

Thanks in advance.

Eddie.

alef

There were differences of opinion between many of us in the TourneyBot TDs closed forum, a place we've tried to use to sort out issues such as bannings.

I took the step of booting out JonJon. I've made my best efforts to discuss it in a fair and sensible manner with JonJon as well as the other TDs. The nitty gritty of the disagreements aren't really sensible for public posting.

As MadMatt is leaving the very running of TourneyBot and the organization of TDs needs to be re-examined anyway. My hope is that we can set up clear simple guidelines to help us work more effectively together and cause less confusion and upset.

don

Gee.

That TourneyBot closed forum, which I was told for the longest time did not exist, sure seems to cause a lot of grief!  I'm not surprised.  When you talk behind peoples' backs, it's never healthy.

So many string dimensions, so little space time...

BrizzyLions

I can't imagine that JonJon was booted from anywhere.  And I can't believe that MadMat has mentioned his displeasure with the bickering and childishness of the TD's and people still continue to use the TD position as some sort of power? Power? It's a game.

I think apologies are owed to  MadMat and jonjon.  I am so happy that both of these men entered my life. MadMat, for his quiet professionalism and jonjon for his sweet level-headedness when all else seems to get so oppressively opinionated.  It is just a game.

Jonjon, thank you. *hugs* To the rest of you who are involved with the pettiness -- maybe if you back off things will be better.

Mat, if you are going to leave the playground, why not take your toys too?  I am not sure we deserve to play with them.  *hugs*

don

I agree Brizzy.  It's a sad thing then jonjon leaves.  I don't always agree with him but I respect his opinions and his integrity.
So many string dimensions, so little space time...

NIHILIST

This entire thing is laughable. Let's see if I have this right; a bunch of people, all of whom want to make FIBS a better place, got together and made themselves tourney directors.

In addition to being involved in several public incidents, most of which seeming to involve Don ( no big surprise ), they created their own private forum where they could conduct their petty bickering out of public view ( as if anyone really gives a crap ).

Next, Alef, who doesn't want to censor or ban anyone from FIBS, bans jonjon from the secret TD forum for reasons which are.......big surprise..........SECRET !

I remind everyone that it was largely this same group, led by Alef, who tried to get the FIBS code from Marvin, to make FIBS a better place.

One can only guess at the chaos and arbitrary behavior that would have ensued.

NIHILIST
Robert J Ebbeler

burper

Other than the inaccuracies and outright lies NIHI, there is something else you could get straight: people  have been having a blast playing tournies, all due to the great efforts of the TD's. The rest of the don-like twists of reality I won't even respond to.

PortWine

Shouldn;t you actually have to play games on fibs in order to comment?

EddieVedd

Nihilist (Nitwit) once more you prove your agenda of uselessness and negativity surrounded by extraordinary delusions of grandeur !

NIHILIST Posted on Jul 1 2004, 08:31 PM
QuoteLet's see if I have this right; a bunch of people, all of whom want to make FIBS a better place, got together and made themselves tourney directors

Just to reassure you......with the exception of  "want to make fibs a better place"  you are completely and utterly WRONG.

A group slowly formed, made of individuals, who volunteered, to make use of an outstanding program(ie: tourneybot), for the benefit of fibsters. This program was made by individuals who wanted to make fibs more fun for everyone. They have succeded without any shadow of a doubt ! The thing many people keep forgetting and here you  have done the same, is ANYONE CAN BECOME A TD !!!!!!! GOT IT ? It's free, it's got no entry requirements , it just takes patience , altruistic ideals, typing skills and an ability to put up with FOOLS like you on a regular basis !!

Even you NItwit have been succered in by TB's appeal (though you had to make up a 2nd Nik , NIHOlympic presumably because of the afformentioned delusions and protection of you fake rating.)

NIHILIST Posted on Jul 1 2004, 08:31 PM
Quotethey created their own private forum where they could conduct their petty bickering out of public view ( as if anyone really gives a crap ).

Wrong again !  They did so at the request of 1 to try and better arrive at decisions that helped all. I "give a crap" because of the large amount of people that have derived enjoyment from the results of their efforts ! You have a clear track record of caring for little other than you pretend rating staying at number 1 on the list. Now THAT'S petty.

The rest of your attack i am less informed on but will happily add this.

In my 6 or 7 years here I have consistently been impressed by that group for their innovations, willingness to discuss, intellect and courtesy.  You on the other hand have........well no i wont list them , i'll just summarise for all those that haven't been graced with you wit and charm yet.  The first thing Nitwit EVER said to me many years ago, first EVER piece of communication was .......... "Lick My A$$" .

QED.     I have a strong feeling i'll take their word over yours.

Yes there are still questions to be answered here but attacks will not produce better results.
Do something constructive Nitwit or just stick to moronic shots, at least they scroll away quicker and eventually disappear.......

PortWine

I think Eddie has what it takes to be a TD and should be appointed immediately!

NIHILIST

As far as lies and inaccuracies, what are they ? Various posts concede the TDs have their own closed forum, Alef admits he booted jonjon from the frat ( or maybe it's just double-secret probation  ).

I never claimed people weren't having a " blast " playing tourneys. My post had to do with the childish behavior of the clique who run the tourneys; the same clique who wanted the FIBS code to make it a better place.

As usual, some of you clowns take yourselves entirely too seriously.

As far as Eddie Vedd is concerned, if he's been on FIBS for 6-7 years, he's obviously used other nicks. I certainly don't recall telling him to LICK MY ASS. Perhaps he could remind me what nick he used and what he said to me to prompt that response.

NIHI

Robert J Ebbeler

burper

Got a good idea for you DONHI, why don't you demand proof and apologies here for the next 3 months. LOL

NIHILIST

No need, it's more fun watching you twerps piss and moan.

NIHI
Robert J Ebbeler

EddieVedd

NIHILIST Posted on Jul 2 2004, 04:19 AM
QuoteAs far as Eddie Vedd is concerned, if he's been on FIBS for 6-7 years, he's obviously used other nicks. I certainly don't recall telling him to LICK MY ASS. Perhaps he could remind me what nick he used and what he said to me to prompt that response

I've had 3 niks. 1st was "Alive", an experientary one as i got to know fibs, lasted a few months. 2nd was Tremorchrist , had that for several years and was very sad to lose it after i forgot the password and bought a new computer. 3rd, EddieVedd which i've also had for several years.

I'm pretty sure i was Tremorchrist at the time but, the prompt for that response i remember clearly........

"Invite Nihilist 1"

NIHILIST Posted on Jul 2 2004, 04:49 AM
QuoteNo need, it's more fun watching you twerps piss and moan.

Such wit, style and purpose!

Enough said.

:bye: