News:

Free Competition --3 won copies of Bgblitz2Go details  here http://www.fibsboard.com/free-competition-win-bgblitz2go-p85

Main Menu

burper

Started by don, June 23, 2004, 03:27:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

don

I just recieved the following message from burper:  "Message from TourneyBot: You have been banned from Tourney #645, by the order of burper."

This is kinda odd, since TBot numbers are almost up to 800.  This looks like a dummy tourney burper is using to flame folks with:  "TourneyBot says: |645: [bracket] test title| |Wed, 23 Jun 04 02:02 UTC|   |Directors: burper Carolina_Blue gogogiz| |Status: Signing up!|"  Silly or not, I never tried to subscribe to such a thing, and this can only be burper reacting to a perceived insult instead of a polite query about his intentions.

The background was that burper was watching me in yet another tourney, the picture tourney, and flaming in shouts.  I asked him if he was going to be polite (and I asked politely).  No reply, et voila!  I'm getting yet more ban-messages from tourneybot.

I truly don't know what insects burper has up his extremities.  We used to be friends, but at some point he switched to flame-mode.  This is an obvious case of his use of TourneyBot as a flame.  I don't know what burper's game is, but I'd suggest he avoid banning me from a tourney unless and until I sign up, and there are far more polite ways to do so.

--
don
So many string dimensions, so little space time...

dorbel

If you are consistently unlucky, it probably isn't the dice.
If you are consistently in conflict with people that you meet, it probably isn't the fault of the people that you meet.
Any player may blind any kibitzer at any time, without giving a reason.

lewscannon

Burper has been a little off since October of 1986. Something horrible and traumatic happened to him, which he refuses to discuss. I've tried to get him to open up about it, but he just mumbles and rolls a baseball between his legs.

don

I just love the way TourneyBot moderators both ignore me to shut me up and, of course, always represent the best of FIBS.  I logged in tonight and got some messages:

--snip--
From TourneyDon (Jun 26 05:23 PDT): You have been banned from participating in
 any kind of TourneyBot tourney, by the order of burper.
From TourneyDon (Jun 26 16:02 PDT): You have been banned from Tourney #45, by
 the order of Honeygirl_ll.
--snip--

I was curious about who might say such a thing so I checked out all the usual suspects, as well as TourneyBot moderators, though I'd be surprised if a TBot moderator would do it...

--
> Information about TourneyDon:
 Last login:  Saturday, June 26 15:57 PDT from
   h00501800aa89.ne.client2.attbi.com
 Last logout: Saturday, June 26 16:04 PDT
 Not logged in right now.
 Rating: 1500.00 Experience: 0
 No email address.

> Information about burper:
 Last login:  Saturday, June 26 16:38 PDT from
   h00501800aa89.ne.client2.attbi.com
 Last logout: Saturday, June 26 17:21 PDT
 Not logged in right now.
 Rating: 1708.01 Experience: 58627
 Email address: peace_out

Information about NIHILIST:
 Last login:  Friday, June 25 19:08 PDT from
   c-66-177-69-100.se.client2.attbi.com
 Last logout: Friday, June 25 20:51 PDT
 Not logged in right now.
 Rating: 2283.86 Experience: 7427
 Email address: none
--

Unless I missed something obvious, you can see I only came up with two users from attbi.com, and only one from "ne", and with the same absolute login ID as the messages to me (h00501800aa89.ne.client2.attbi.com).   I would have to say that there is a high probability that it was burper who left these messages!  Imagine that!  A TBot moderator!  If so, I'd say it is below the level of conduct that most TBot directors I know of would like to see.  The user obviously violated a FIBS rule creating multiple IDs, and simply to harass?  I almost hope it wasn't burper, because I used to respect him.

--
don

JonJon

I said I wasn't going to particiapte anymore in fibsboard, and I regret breaking my vow, but this needs some light shed...

I noticed tonight some new complaints against me...

RepBot says: jonjon's complainers: bonehead, burper, duder, egc, nonlinear, rollingfool, tenor, themself

is the list of my total complaints...

so I started poking around and I found this:

You tell RepBot: ask themself
RepBot says: themself's reputation is 21496(GOOD) (no saved games)
You tell RepBot: list themself
RepBot says: themself's complainers: jonjon, obsidian, themself
RepBot says: themself's vouchers: burper, diane, FatElvis, HumanIAm, wyzzz
RepBot says: themself's complaints: Biggles_two, BrizzyLions, don, Duck, jazzman, jonjon, MadMatt, newnew, newone, obsidian, themself, yadayada
RepBot says: themself's vouches: burper, diane, ech, gogogiz, HumanIAm, jinnate, mookie, PortWine, RepBot, resh_lakish, rollingfool, souptree, TourneyBot, wyzzz, zyxtcba
RepBot says: themself has no saved games.

And this:

Information about themself:
 Last login:  Sunday, June 27 00:54 UTC from h00501800aa89.ne.client2.attbi.com
 Last logout: Sunday, June 27 01:59 UTC
 Not logged in right now.
 Rating: 1664.66 Experience: 279
 Email address: none

Decide for yourself.

don

It looks like some TBot directors are breaking rules of FIBS and creating fake IDs, JonJon.  The following is kinda instructive of the lengths to which these dudes will go.  I asked Port if I could join a tourney, got no reply, told him I was going to join his tourney if he didn't object, got no reply, and was dumped in round 2, involving an innocent 3rd party in the hatred of PortWine and burper.  (I admit from the get-go that I could have avoided this, but Port and burper seem to be using TBot as a flame thrower.  See previous post.)

In the following, I have deleted many shouts, but kept in those from burper and PortWine.  They created quite a little flame session between themselves and some other famous flamers, whose comments are not relevent.  Any comments I make are in []s.

--snip--

> ** You tell PortWine: May I assume you won't let me play in tourney?
> ** You tell PortWine:  A polite yes or no will do
> ** You tell PortWine: lacking an answer for my polite request, I register.
> ** You tell TourneyBot: register 803
TourneyBot says: You have signed up for Gooey GUI Loooey LUI Blitz (Tourney
 #803). You will be notified on who your first opponent is as soon as the
 Tourney starts.
> ** FINALLY!!! burper logs in. You're no longer lonesome.
> ** You tell burper: I was only waiting to see what client you logged in from.
burper shouts: did don crash another tourney?  so sad that people have to make
 it personal and ruin everyone else's fun :(
> You shout: huh?
burper shouts: duh?
> You shout: get a life burper.
burper shouts: don, why be such a dickhead^G
burper shouts: everyone is having fun, and then you come along
> You shout: I haven't a clue what you are talking about burper.
burper shouts: lol
PortWine shouts: don you complained about loggin on and getting messages from
 me that you were banned so I stopped...now you jumped into my tourney...you
 will now be banned each time I hold a tourney!
Message from TourneyBot: T803R2M1 (1-pt): mjt (1573) vs. don (1694)
  [note, start of round 2]

Message from TourneyBot: PortWine awarded your opponent mjt a victory in
 Round 2 of Gooey GUI Loooey LUI Blitz (Tourney #803).

>    1  2  3  4  5  6        7  8  9 10 11 12
  +------------------------------------------+ O: mjt - score: 0
  |    O  O  X  O  O |   |  O              X |
  |    O  O        O |   |  O              X |
  |                O |   |  O              X |
  |                O |   |                 X |
  |                  |   |                 X |
  |                  |BAR|                   |v    1-point match
  |                  |   |                   |
  |    X     O  X  X |   |  X                |
  |    X  X  O  X  X |   |  X        O       |
  +------------------------------------------+ X: don - score: 0
   24 23 22 21 20 19       18 17 16 15 14 13

BAR: O-0 X-0   OFF: O-0 X-0   Cube: 1  turn: mjtPipcounts: You 129   mjt 117
[hmm, boards don't seem to replicate here, but you can see how PortWine and burper wasted mjt's time, to spite me.]
>
mjt rolls 2 and 1.
>
mjt kibitzes: doesn't matter.  this is not tourney match.  u had to forfeit

[note how PortWine and Burper are willing to flame me, and don't care how far this match has gone.  Why should they worry about the convenience or time of mjt?]

--end snip

There's more hatred in shouts from Port and burper following, some of which guarantees burper's responsibility for "Tourneydon".  I may not be the nicest guy around, but are these the kind of moderators TourneyBot wants?

--
don

diane

Whatever the actual ins and outs of these little stories - it may interest you to know that burper is no longer a TD - and free to behave like any regular fibster   :D  
Never give up on the things that make you smile

alef

QuoteIf you are consistently unlucky, it probably isn't the dice.
If you are consistently in conflict with people that you meet, it probably isn't the fault of the people that you meet.
Any player may blind any kibitzer at any time, without giving a reason.
dorbel, that is so wonderfully succinct and on the money I just had to quote you to get it repeated.

Perhaps burper is a bit nuts but, hey, welcome to FIBS. Take it up with him, use RepBot to complain if you want, blind, gag, shout, stomp up and down on your hat, but please don't misuse this discussion board for personalized complaints. Above all it's just boring and irrelevant to most people. I am locking this thread and publicly requesting that don, nor anyone else, start threads just to moan about someone else. Constructive criticism always appreciated.