News:

most Recent Posts and Recent Topics now viewable on the front page!

Main Menu

Seeking F.I.B.S. Champion of 2011

Started by KissMyAss, October 28, 2011, 03:19:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KissMyAss

How would you like to be able to say, that you are the F.I.B.S. Champion for 2011?

That idea appeals to you doesn't it!  Well, you could be.  But it won't come easy!

I am putting together two tourneys, to be played a week apart.   The winners of each tourney will face off against each other in an epic battle to determine the overall winner, and champion.

There will be one men's tournament, and then a women's tournament a week later.  The winning man and woman will face off two days later in an epic battle of the sexes, to see who will come out on top, so to speak.  ;)

Here are the dates that you need to make note of, if you would like to participate and/or watch matches:

TUESDAY 22nd NOVEMBER:    Men's tourney.   

TUESDAY 29th NOVEMBER:    Women's tourney.

THURSDAY 1st DECEMBER:     Playoff between the men's and women's winners
                                                             11pt match

All these tourneys will take place at Krazy Kiwi Klassic time, on each of these days.  Therefore, there will be no Krazy Kiwi Klassic tourney on these days.     

1230/1255 utc    (2230/2255 aest)   (0730/0755 edt)

The procedures for the tourneys are as follows:

No past arguments or grievances are to be brought to the tourney table.  If you can't play nice, play silently and let your game do your talking for you.

There will be a thirty minute registration time for these tourneys, so be around on time if you want to play.  Late comers will NOT be catered for.
The timeout clock will be set to 7 minutes to allow for the confusion at the start of the tourneys, and to make it fair on all players.

As with all my tourneys, all players of all ratings, are welcome to enter the tourneys. 

Lets have a fun competition, and play some great backgammon! 

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."  -  Bilbo Baggins (at his 111th Birthday party)

Tom

I'd like to suggest a differnt name! (I do not know why I did not think of this sooner)

2011 FIBS BOS (Battle of the Sexes)

We could also require that all members of the opposite sex call the overall winner BOSS for the entire year of 2012

Tom