News:

Please consider re-bookmarking your link to Fibsboard's Home page for a complete experience http://www.fibsboard.com

Main Menu

How to enter and play in Mini-Matches

Started by diceking, November 05, 2011, 04:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diceking

Help how do I register for mini matches ?  it's my first time for tourneyments

diane

Read this post, it helps with your question, and shows you all the regular scheduled tournaments played on fibs.

http://www.fibsboard.com/general-chit-chat/fibs-tournament-schedule/msg22483/#msg22483
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Tom

In general watch SHOUTS for instructions from the TD, right now most of the tourneys are run on automatic by TourneyBot (sometimes there is also a Human TD).

TourneyBot will shout something like "to register 'tell TourneyBot register 4567'..."

Where 4567 is the tourney number.

depending on what client you use you need to open a chat dialog with the player named TourneyBot and tell them 'register 4567'
Or maybe you can use a direct FIBS command and send 'tell TourneyBot register 4567'

If you are a Phone user you will not see shouts so I suggest looking for '(TourneyBot)' and send a 'subscribe' message so it will TELL you most
things it SHOUTS.

tom

diceking

Thanks a lot Tom I'm playing from an iPad so it is proving a bit difficult.

socksey

Hey diceking!

Sorry, I got here so late and sorry you're just using an iPad, but if you can open up a chat window with TourneyBot, you should be able to get the notices that way from TourneyBot who will tell you how to register and who to play next. 

I have no personal knowledge of iPads, but I just looked up iPad2 and it looks much like a mini computer.  If you are able to see shouts, then instructions are always there to see.  If you are able to download an interface to use on Fibs, I recomment javafibs.  Sorry, I don't know much about iPads, but that would be the way to go if possible. 

socksey

I would not exchange the laughter of my heart for the fortunes of the multitudes; nor would I be content with converting my tears...into calm.  It is my fervent hope that my whole life on this earth will ever be tears and laughter. - Kahlil Gibran

diceking

Thanks a lot I've sorted it all out now. Look forward to playing with you in the future.