News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2011 cheers! ..thx godwinson, webrunner, stog, spielberg*, hartkegirl, KissMyAss*, ettu*,  jackdaddy*, diane, caleb, sixty_something*, Zorba*, aviator, Tom*, anonymous*, roygbiv*, r_monk *

Main Menu

Started by Micktricks, November 07, 2011, 03:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Micktricks

Can one tell me why my reputation has suddenly shot down from 40000 plus to 914 ?
I must have really pissed someone off   ;)
I've recently switched from playing on iPhone to iPad .. Possible cause?

dorbel

RepBotNG says: micktricks's reputation is 77914 (GOOD)

diane

Quote from: Micktricks on November 07, 2011, 03:37:48 PM
I've recently switched from playing on iPhone to iPad .. Possible cause?

That is your possible cause, this is the second instance I have heard in two days of the iPad incorrectly reporting a rep from repbot.

It is also the second instance where the last three digits are reported correctly, so it appears to be missing off the first two digits [ie the 77 in your case]
Never give up on the things that make you smile

enoix

Hi all,
I'm the developer of BG Online for iPad/iPhone and I've fixed the bug. It is a coincidence that it happened to you on the iPad. It could also have been happened on the iPhone. There was a silly little bug eating leading sevens in positive reputations, sorry for that blunder!

diane

lol - that does sound a tricky bug to find!! And yet find them we will, once the software gets used regularly!

Thanks so much for the prompt fix  :cool:
Never give up on the things that make you smile

sixty_something

that is a very odd species of bug .. i don't think i've ever encountered or even heard of that eating leading sevens variety .. nice catch indeed

however, enoix, i am very interested in knowing more about your software, especially for the iPad .. i am close to buying one of those little buggers .. a fully featured FIBS client interface might just eliminate my last resistance other than price

specifically,

• are movement, cube, and dice fully touch sensitive
  • SHOUT visible during play
  • KIBITZ visible?
  • CHAT enabled?

if so, now i just need to heed Woody Guthrie's warning --

'Cause I look through the want ads every day
But the headlines on the papers always say:

If you ain't got the do re mi, boys, you ain't got the do re mi
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me

enoix

Well the software is skimming RepBot's chat message until it finds a character of the set {-0123456789}. Then it scans the reputation (and displays it). Unfortunately the seven was missing in the set, so leading sevens in positive reputations were purged. A typo in code that was never noticed by me. Unfortunately my own reputation is roughly 50000 :)
Until the update will be downloadable it'll take some time, maybe 1-3 weeks. There has been a lot of cleaning up in the code and I need some testing to make sure I did not introduce other bugs ... i.e. not so very prompt this time ;)

Now to you, sixty_something:

• movements, cube, and dice are fully (multi-)touchable, playing the game feels rather natural I think ...
  • you have to bring up a chat window by touching a button on the board in order to read and write chats. These include the public chat (SHOUT), a game chat (KIBITZ) and you can chat with any user you're not playing with (TELL, MESSAGE). New game chat messages are displayed for a little while in a display line directly in the board. New (Game) Chat messages will also increase a number of unread messages displayed inside the chat button. Though, at the moment, SHOUT messages will neither be displayed in the board display line nor indicated as an unread message. But I can easily add a switch in the settings to customize this behaviour if you like .. if this'd be the only thing preventing you ... well, but Woody has a point, too

Micktricks

Thanks to everyone for the explanation , and a big thanks to you @enoix for a top ipad app  :thumbsup2:
I can put up with a rep that sucks...... For awhile  B)