News:

**Inspired by recurrent discussions in FIBS shouts on issues concerning science and consciousness, we have introduced an ISP Board on Fibsboard.com ...a space set aside for more considered esoteric meanderings on ideas science and philosophy --- "concept formation and elucidation" .....> the philosophy/physiology/ structure and function of a fibster or fibsboarder!
take a look at http://www.fibsboard.com/ideas-science-and-philosophy/

Main Menu

Playing Fibs on Windows 7 64bit Computer

Started by mikemaw, November 24, 2011, 03:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikemaw

I played fibs using 3DFibs Software for a long time no problems. I had a 32bit Computer with XP Service Pack2. Not played for a while and want to start again. Tried to use Fibs on my new computer and also tried to use Fibzilla. W7 allows you to run the programs as though on XP but even so neither worked correctly. They both reacted the same way. The programme started fine and I was able to play off line against the Bot fine too. When I logged on you could see the welcome screen and shouts and then lost the welcome screen and the shouts and received an error message telling me to log off and restart. That's it! I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas about how to make either programme work. Alternatively if no one can help in that respect has anyone any advice about how to play using the most user friendly platform left as an option. I would very much appreciate any advice. Thanks for reading my post.

socksey

I was using javafibs wth Win7 on my other computer.  I think inim helped me with an initial problem.  Javafibs is the best client IMHO.  Try that and see if it works.  You may find more help here:  http://www.fibsboard.com/javafibs/

socksey

"No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power." - P(atrick) J(ake) O'Rourke

mikemaw