News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2011 cheers! ..thx godwinson, webrunner, stog, spielberg*, hartkegirl, KissMyAss*, ettu*,  jackdaddy*, diane, caleb, sixty_something*, Zorba*, aviator, Tom*, anonymous*, roygbiv*, r_monk *

Main Menu

News: Automatic Postings to FIBS Board

Started by Tom, January 12, 2012, 11:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

The bot now can post results of a tourney to http://www.fibsboard.com/tourneybot-results/

It needs to be an automatic tourney for this to happen, but since most of the regularly scheduled tourneys are on auto that is not a problem.

It also generates the weekly TPR preview and Weekly Final Totals automatically after any tourney designated as a TPR tourney.
(There are some new commands, any TD can contact me)

Also I have switched back to using Balanced Seeding for the Daily 3/5's

Tom

Tom

So are these automatic posts working out for everyone?

Anyone have any other ideas like this that could be useful?

Tom

stiefnu

Could perhaps all these tourney results be posted in a place of their own, so they don't fill up Recent Posts?  Go away for a couple of days and one has to wade through a lot of postings that will only be of interest to tournament players.

Steve

Tom

Quote from: stiefnu on January 21, 2012, 02:24:57 PM
Could perhaps all these tourney results be posted in a place of their own, so they don't fill up Recent Posts?  Go away for a couple of days and one has to wade through a lot of postings that will only be of interest to tournament players.

Steve

Maybe, but that was happening when they were being posted manually.

So that is not really a change I introduced...

Tom

stiefnu

QuoteSo that is not really a change I introduced...

No, indeed.  I guess it's one for Stog?

Steve

aviator

Quote from: stiefnu on January 21, 2012, 02:24:57 PM

Steve

My problem is that I cant find the weekly tournament standings (preview or final) at all.  I too would like to encourage Stog to set up a link on the index page for Tournament results and analysis.
-aviator
Chance favours the prepared mind. -- L. Pasture

stog

there is already a link to the tourneybot results on the home page -- in fact 3 at present

look in the LH  block front page -- but also dead centre front at present

http://www.fibsboard.com/tourneybot-results/

the auto results are restricted to one 'board' for a reason and we shall see how they evolve

the board allows folks to see all the individual different Tourney results as well as the TPR (which is always at the top)

stog

also if you want to change default sort order of posts..
go to -->profile - look and layout preferences - Show most recent posts at the top. (disable or enable this option)

socksey

I keep all the threads I'm interested in Bookmarked in my Mozilla Firefox browser, or on my Favorites list in my Internet Explorer browser.  That's easier for me than finding a link on the home page here.   :yes:

socksey

"His mother should have thrown him away and kept the stork." -- Mae West

stog

there are 2 main indices for Fibsboard; the Home page and the Forum page, which shows all the Boards available to your membergroup

the problem with bookmarking other than the Home page, is that you risk missing new additions and news, Shouts and Announcements

I recommend you always enter via the Home page, enjoy the random images - check out shouts

also why not try the alternative recent posts link (just below the random image) occasionally too;
http://www.fibsboard.com//index.php?action=recent

socksey

I use my bookmarks for places that I post to.  I also bookmark "Show unread posts since last visit" which accommodates all posts.   :yes:  Some of the posts I like to see, and the ones I post to, take several clicks to find, thus, my way is easier for me.   :yes:  "Recent posts" is another good one for me to bookmark!  :)

socksey

Don't be perfect.  Be yourself. - unknown

stog