News:

new backgammon problem in backgammon articles  (under the shoutbox on the right of the Front page) http://www.fibsboard.com/gnubg-gammonline-html-output-test-p78
thx zorba

Main Menu

complain insted of vouch

Started by Rafmanxd, January 18, 2012, 07:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafmanxd

hi my nick online its Rafman i played vs cats 1 point match we finished game ( i winned)
i asked cats if he can vouch he sayed ok but when i checked on repbotng i sawed that he didnt vouch on me he complained on me
1/ im asking if its posible to complain even when game finished(no save game)
2/ how can i fix this its realy unfair and rude

stog

diane

cats has a fairly good set of repbot stats - and seems reasonable to me. My approach would be to tell or message him, asking what it was about you that upset him enough to complain. If you give a player the opportunity to tell you 'face to face' what bothered them, and take it courteously, they often wont feel like leaving the complaint there.

If it is something you don't normally do, like a bad connection that day..ask for the opportunity to play again, to prove it isn't a consistent thing.

If none of that nice approach works, don't get upset - you have a positive reputation - and that is all that matters. The reason repbot works at all - that so many players struggle with, is that a single opinion is not important. It is the collective opinion of many that makes a meaningful statistic.

Your rep as it stands would easily pass my criteria to play you - and I am a toughie  ;)

I have complaints from some idiots - but it doesn't bother me in the least - in fact, some of them make me chuckle  :laugh:
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Rafmanxd

hi thanks for replying my message
is this posiable to complain about player even when you dont gut with him saved game?

ah_clem

Quote from: diane on January 18, 2012, 10:29:06 AM

I have complaints from some idiots - but it doesn't bother me in the least - in fact, some of them make me chuckle  :laugh:

For some, it's a badge of honor.  (c:

dorbel

A lot of people withdraw complaints too. I am down to four complainers now and I know that I've had more in the past, invariably either people who have argued with me or actually dropped me and then complained!
A good tactic if you want to really annoy somebody is to complain when you start the match. It certainly annoyed me anyway!
If you want to complain about somebody, you have to do it within 24 hours of the match, so waiting 23 hours and some minutes is a good plan, so they can't send you a complaint

garp_02

Rafmanxd

lol i must tell you guys about funny match i hade with raryana i was defeating her badly sudenly game froze i loged out and backed becose i thoat it was me i resumed with her the game she accepted but same thing screen frozen i leaved than in vite her she accepted and left the game after 1 hour or 2 i saw her again online i was resumed and we started to play but froze again i wanted to test her if its bad connection or that she is doing it on porpse so i was resighned 1 point imeditly she hit on accept lmao
i was very soprised becose i played alot with her never hade problems and becose she gut very high reputation any way at least she vouched on me :)