News:

Biggest free backgammon community - members from over 150 countries. Play backgammon for free on Fibs.com and enjoy the community on fibsboard

Main Menu

Adjucation?

Started by Petulie, February 01, 2012, 02:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petulie

Hi there,

I am new to FIBS and skimming over the forum I can see droppers are a big issue. I've already come across a few and I was wondering whether there is any way of adjudicating unfinished games? I know this is possible in FICS.

Cheers.

socksey

Droppers have always been a problem on Fibs, but we have some tools to help avoid them.  Use Repbot for "ask player", or "list player".  This will give you a clue.  If a player has a bad rep, I check the list to see who it was who complained.  It helps to know a lot of players, but being a newbie, this may not be a help to you, but will get better with time as you know more players.  The other tool is "show savedcount player" which will also give you a clue.  Before I accept an invite from someone I do not know, I perform one or both of these functions to help me decide if I should risk playing them.

It's not a perfect system, but it's about all we have at the moment. 

You might want to put "dropper" into the search feature here on Fibsboard which will give you many references to do some reading about.

socksey

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven - and very, very few persons. - James Thurber

Patti

No, it's not currently possible.  The amount of work it would take for me to implement that is prohibitive at this time.