TourneyBot Updates

Started by Tom, February 21, 2012, 02:24:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I am in the final stages of testing a Challonge Import command for TourneyBot.

It will not be a generally accessible command because there is still a lot of checking before an import.

The great aspect of this is I will be able to import tourney results for Bago or other tourneys run using challonge and have the
included in the TPR totals and possibly even post results to the TourneyBot Results forum.

I also have been looking at the clocks and fine tuning them after my last set of changes.

I made a small change that should eliminate both players getting put on the clock at the same time.

Tom

socksey

QuoteI made a small change that should eliminate both players getting put on the clock at the same time.

The problem I've experienced is not with players being put on the clock at the same time, but with the first player returning after leaving  the server or leaving a wrong match, and inviting the second player who doesn't respond to the invite, therefore timing out the first player, who isn't recognized as making an invite by TourneyBot.  Is this problem being addressed?

socksey

Law of Probability -The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act. - from Lorenz's Law of Mechanical Repair

Tom

The bot clocking BOTH at the same time makes it a LOT harder to make correct decisions later.

I do not think that is such a horrible problem, after all they should be ready to play when the tourney starts and often people watch the other match when waiting.

But I do agree it would be a good improvement to look at.

I'll kick some ideas around and see what possibilities there are.

Tom

socksey

QuoteI do not think that is such a horrible problem, after all they should be ready to play when the tourney starts and often people watch the other match when waiting.

It's only a problem when the wrong player is timed out.   :(  In that case, the wronged player feels he's been shafted and he is correct.

socksey

If you dial a wrong number, you never get a busy signal and someone always answers. - from Lorenz's Law of Mechanical Repair