News:

Please consider re-bookmarking your link to Fibsboard's Home page for a complete experience http://www.fibsboard.com

Main Menu

Ban of Team-brb from Team League

Started by tryout, July 19, 2004, 11:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EddieVedd

Thanks for clarifying Biggles.  

Whilst i don't quite get it myself, if somone wanted a alternative Nik, requests it of the administrator (Patti) and the TD if it is to be involved in Tournaments, and both of them have no objections, i'd have to lean towards a 'whatever rocks ur socks' attitude. Serious Hic-ups may arise if you came across an opponent who objected. Mostly though i wonder what would happen if everyone who plays in Tourneys and The League did the same ? I don't know, maybe Patti would ok all ? This would never happen en-masse i think as many like me would never bother, but some doing it and some not creates inequality which my gut tells me should be avoided.

I've never been ratings orientated and think "bottom feeding" is a hollow victory but unlike the subject of the "sub-issue" of this thread (Nihilist & NihOlympic) i have respect for Biggles ability to play BG given his League performances and Tournament victories.

There will be a range of opinions on this i suspect and perhaps it deserves a thread of it's own ? Do we blanket rule that none are to do it or accept that some will want to and respect their decision ? One thing's for sure though imho, if a TD objects to it, their position should be respected.

[size=8]"..father he enjoyed collisions...others walked away...[/size]...."

diane

Quotei have respect for Biggles ability to play BG given his League performances and Tournament victories.

Exactly - the difference here - as i posted - is that both nicks have similar ratings and enough experience not to distort any results.  I suppose there must have been a phase when that wasnt the case though  :D

(you should also note there are three nihilist nicks i know of - the original, NIHIleague and the new one - it does lead to the question of why the third one? - Do we get a new one for the start of each tournament in order to do as much rating damage as possible? )  
Never give up on the things that make you smile

EddieVedd

Perhaps 'minimum 400 experience' for a Nik to compete in a Tourney would solve that aspect of it ?

diane

I like that suggestion - fair all round i think  :D  
Never give up on the things that make you smile

don

It's really quite simple.  Nobody here is going to get Patti to do anything about FIBS' policy, so is it OK to use different niks on teams or not?  If not, then there's a serious enforcement problem.  If so, then this whole thread is a waste of time and tryout should apologize to houtx.

The most reasonable sounding post I've seen in this thread was an explanation of houtx's actions which happens to be incorrect.

The ratings discussion is silly, nobody has said anything about the net effect on ratings of a skewed nik.

So many string dimensions, so little space time...

EddieVedd

don Posted on Jul 26 2004, 07:35 AM
QuoteIt's really quite simple. Nobody here is going to get Patti to do anything about FIBS' policy
Agreed for both.

Quoteso is it OK to use different niks on teams or not?
In THIS tourney YES as long as you don't overtly offend the TD with your new Team name.  The hesitation with denying it would be solved with the equitable solution 2 posts before your last I feel but the implementation of this is up to the TD, not me.

QuoteIf so, then this whole thread is a waste of time and tryout should apologize to houtx.
I'll need more convincing of that and don't agree. You see tryout was the one insulted after he allowed the team entry with the new NIk (please re-read summary above for any clarification).

QuoteThe most reasonable sounding post I've seen in this thread was an explanation of houtx's actions which happens to be incorrect
What  :wacko:  ???

QuoteThe ratings discussion is silly, nobody has said anything about the net effect on ratings of a skewed nik.

Yes they have , please feel free to define it more clearly for us.

& still waiting for answer to this ....

QuoteSubtleOne Posted: Jul 23 2004, 04:08 PM 

QUOTE (don @ Jul 23 2004, 09:25 AM)
Now back to the basic question:

Should tryout have objected to a multi-ID user on team-BRB when he permits it on other teams? 

I'm unaware of other multi-IDs. At least on board 1, but then perhaps you mean board 2 or 3? Could you state which you have in mind?

Albert 

socksey

This subject has rather been beaten to death already, so I'd like to summarize by beating the horse a bit more.   :rolleyes:

Tryout states very clearly and accurately how ratings can be manipulated by using a nick with less experience and lower rating, is insulted for his objection for NIHI using that low nick for league, then bans team, rightly so (his call as TD).

Souptree feigns lack of understanding, insults our intelligence, and I may never address him as, "souper douper" again.

NIHILIST feigns he is insulted, attacks, regains sanity, agrees with tryout's analysis, by admitting the reason he wishes to use another nick for league play is, as in tryout's analysis, and since NIHILIST isn't allowed to use another nick in team play, he will take his marbles home, and stay out of the sandbox, disregarding the protocol of going through the team captain of the playschool.

Meanwhile, souptree still feigns lack of understanding when we all know very well that he has an superior grasp of the English language!

JLee is confused about the topic that began the issue and likes mustard on his hot dogs.   :lol:

Don still doesn't understand the TD is the boss (for the thousandth time).   :tears:

socksey

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke off. - submitted by Brenna

souptree

QuoteMeanwhile, souptree still feigns lack of understanding when we all know very well that he has an superior grasp of the English language!
I have never feigned a lack of understanding of my superior grasp of the English language!
[size=8]All We Are Saying Is Give Peas A Chance[/size]
[size=8]www.souptree.net/fibs/stfu.jpg
Trees don't grow on money either.
[/size]

JLee

QuoteJLee is confused about the topic that began the issue and likes mustard on his hot dogs.   :lol:
Ketchup, actually, thanks.  And still confused.

JLee