News:

check out the new Small ads section (Menu top left of  front page ... Snowie 4! SOLD!!!!advertise on fibsboard and turn all that "hanging around software "into ready cash -- small ads just £5!!!

Main Menu

Game 1, move 4: Herd 4-2

Started by diane, March 21, 2012, 10:35:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Lots of good things here..which is best?
Never give up on the things that make you smile

ah_clem

The position looks right for a blitz.  10 checkers in the zone, we own a 5 pt anchor, and he has a blot in his homeboard.  We're still behind in the race, so quietly making the four point won't do - all he has to do is escape the runner and he's way ahead.

I'm somewhat torn between hitting loose and making the four or simply pointing on his head.  We went to all that trouble to slot the four,s it would be a shame if that checker wound up on the two.  The four is a much better point to own, so I say make it, hit loose.  The deciding factor is that he has 12 shakes that hit the blot while we'll have 20 to cover.

6/2* 6/4

NIHILIST

I agree, plus the 2 he needs to hit us with is duplicated by the 2 that covers the blot on his 4 point.

Bob
Robert J Ebbeler

ah_clem

Good observation.  I missed the duplication.  Of course, he also has a 4 to cover, but taking away  half of his covering numbers has to be worth something.

Julia_H

Agreed entirely. And after a dance the cube will be warming up nicely thanks to all that gammon potential (White has no chance to anchor and a lot of men caught in the outfield).

stiefnu

So, come on then Diane, this is your cue to roll me a nice 22!