News:

You can now show us where you live by placing a pin on the Google map in your profile.

Main Menu

Game 1, move 8: Herd 6-1

Started by diane, March 29, 2012, 10:10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Steifnu didnt want to entertain the possibility of a recube..for his own reasons, no doubt  ;)

Then he sadly rolled 5-3 and danced..so Herd is up again.

There are really only two moves to choose from here, so what are the choices..and which is best ?
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Julia_H

Spoiler
Easy... keep up the pressure with 8/7. We want to be able to hit on the ace point as soon as the man enters, this gives us the vast majority of rolls hitting. We're as likely to close him out as suffer the return hit - and even if the worst happens you have 1s and 4s to put him back in his cage. Actually, thinking about it more, after White 61 I'd rather get hit back and have a pop at that home-board blot than have to try to get my anchor round having yielded the whole outfield.
[close]

ah_clem

If we slot the bar point we're 11/36 to cover it next roll while he's only 2/36 to hit.  Add in 64 that covers the ace and we've got 13/36 to ice the gammon.  It also gives us a double shot at whacking on the ace if he enters.  Seems clear.  If we're hit, we're still way ahead.

8/2 8/7

stiefnu

OK Diane, it's time to roll me that 16 joker.  Oh, and just in case you were thinking of testing my sanity, no double !