News:

**Inspired by recurrent discussions in FIBS shouts on issues concerning science and consciousness, we have introduced an ISP Board on Fibsboard.com ...a space set aside for more considered esoteric meanderings on ideas science and philosophy --- "concept formation and elucidation" .....> the philosophy/physiology/ structure and function of a fibster or fibsboarder!
take a look at http://www.fibsboard.com/ideas-science-and-philosophy/

Main Menu

Game 2, move 3: steifnu 5-1

Started by diane, April 08, 2012, 10:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Never give up on the things that make you smile

stiefnu

I'm going to have to leave a shot, the question is where?  I don't have enough in the zone to blitz, anyway the Herd's beginning to look strong at home, so that's too risky.  Slotting the 5-pt leaves 26 shots, while the 7-pt leaves 29.   Having the luxury of time to think leads me to look at playing off the 15-pt.  15-14, 13-8 leaves 23 shots but playing both off the 15-pt, while admittedly leaving 2 blots, leaves just 20 shots, with only one of those blots being immediately hittable.   So 15-14, 15-10 it is.

ah_clem

This roll points out why we shouldn't have slotted the 5 point last move - with a blot in our homeboard steifnu could have made the tempo play of hitting loose to take half our roll away and had good counterplay if we were to hit back.  As it is, our solid homeboard takes that option away.

I'm not going to opine about his choice of moves, other than to observe that I'm glad I don't have to make this choice.