News:

VIP Donor members can now edit photo galleries and utilise an extended Custom Profile with buddy lists. Join them - for the price of a beer!

Main Menu

tourneys on servers other than FIBS

Started by stog, April 18, 2012, 05:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stog

if any of you know of any other tourneys on servers other than FIBS that you like, you are welcome to tell us about them here...

garp_02

I used to play in IBA (International Backgammon Alliance) which sounds like some extremist organisation, but ran regular tourneys and had some pretty good players.

I can't remember which platform they play on, or whether it's still going.

Curious as to why you ask?

Garp

socksey

GridGammon hold tournaments every day, mostly shorter than Fibs tourneys, but fun!   ;)  Interestingly, they are run by humans only who are anonymously identified by a pseudo nick only used for the tourneys.  There are no TourneyBots on GridGammon.  :)  Also, the macros are presented and preapproved by someone, before the tournament director is approved.  Leaves no room for anyone to bash the TD for inappropriate macros or anything else, for that matter. 

socksey

A mind, once expanded by a new idea, never returns to it's original dimensions. - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Botchee

Anyone have previous experience or current activity with them?

Thnx

socksey

At Gridgammon, there are 4 tourneys daily M-F, one on Saturday and one on Sunday.  I live in USA, central standard time zone.  The tourneys for me are, 2 ptrs, 9 am, 1 ptrs, noon, 3 ptrs, 4:30 pm, 1 ptrs, 7 pm, and Nackgammon 2 ptrs M-Thurs, 3 ptrs on Friday, 8:30 am 3 ptrs, on Saturdays, and 8:30 pm 1 ptrs on Sunday.

I won two tourneys yesterday.   :yes:

The difference is mostly shorter matches and shorter sign-up time.  They only allow 10 minutes of sign-up time, so you have to be on your toes.  They are quickies.

socksey

Doesn't "expecting the unexpected" make the unexpected expected? ~ George Carlin