News:

we welcome new Sponsors..keep the board going.....advertise your thing for a modest donation contact the webmaster@fibsboard.com

Main Menu

Sound Question

Started by magic_one, June 02, 2012, 04:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magic_one

Can I turn some sounds off?  I find the noise of dice rolling to be distracting during a game.  However, the sounds associated with friends and invitations are GREAT.  Can I just delete the "roll.wav" file to quiet the annoying dice?  Thanks . . . .

KDP

i dont know what client you are using but in fibzilla, go to: options -> preferences -> then sounds   then click or unclick which ones you want to keep/get rid of.

diane

He is in the javafibs forum, so I assume it is javafibs..is that correct?

In the files, there is a folder called sounds..and a wav file in there called 'shakedice'..try taking that out and see what happens..you can always put it back if it breaks anything...
Never give up on the things that make you smile

inim

Not sure if you can simply delete the sound file, but what you can do is to replace it with one you create yourself, including one which is silent. Just make sure it is a valid WAV with 44KHz. Some flexibility to support other sound formats and sampling rates is in the code, but that is largely untested. Stick with 44Khz WAV and you are on the safe side.

The sound files are bulk loaded at startup, so you need to restart JF after for changes to take effect.
This space is available for rent by advertisers. Call 0900-INIMITE today, and see your sales skyrocketing in no time! New customers receive free Vl@9rå and a penis enlargement set as a bonus! We support banners, flash banners, and scrollers. Discrete handling by our HQ on the Dutch Antilles.

magic_one

Removing the "roll.wav" file did not solve my problem.  Replacing the "roll.wav" file sounds simple enough, but creating is not my area of expertise.  I prefer to locate, rather than to create.  Where can I locate a valid WAV with 44KHz that is silent?   Thanks . . . .

inim

Quote from: magic_one on February 07, 2013, 09:08:59 PM
Where can I locate a valid WAV with 44KHz that is silent?   Thanks . . . .

Created one for you, 0.2 secs of silence in vivid stereo! Save to a local disk, rename as needed. Good luck.

http://openfibs.dnsalias.com/silence.wav
This space is available for rent by advertisers. Call 0900-INIMITE today, and see your sales skyrocketing in no time! New customers receive free Vl@9rå and a penis enlargement set as a bonus! We support banners, flash banners, and scrollers. Discrete handling by our HQ on the Dutch Antilles.

magic_one

Thank you.  I also figured out that I could use the "double.wav" file to effectively silence the "pickup.wav" and "roll.wav" and "shakedice.wav" files.  Thanks, again.

jeeves

Hmmmm, opens up a whole new world of sound opportunities.  When it becomes possible to use a different customised wav files for 'friends' when they log-in, the fun will really start.