News:

VIP Donor members can now access VIP articles on the random photos that appear on the front page, with links & larger images..

Main Menu

Tampa Tourney

Started by KissMyAss, September 13, 2012, 02:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KissMyAss

I have been present to run a few Tampa tourneys this week, only to have them not run due to zero interest, or one player interest only.

So I'm running this poll, to get a feel for why people are not playing all of a sudden, and invite comments as well as voting, on what could be changed to entice you back to the Tampa.   

For myself, the matches are too long and I only register if a fourth participant is needed to allow the tourney to run.   

Please keep commentary on topic, this is a genuine request for feedback. 

Thanks.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."  -  Bilbo Baggins (at his 111th Birthday party)

diane

I like the format for this tournament. It is the only one with longer matches, there are heaps of other events with short matches - and this is a great change.

I cant do league because I cant commit to the sheer number of matches to be organised and played, so I like this 'drop in and play when I can' event.

If it doesnt run sometimes, it really isnt a big deal - it is there if people want it, and if they dont, it is cancelled.

One thing is absolutely sure, no tournament will fit all players for time and matchlength - better to have a nice wide range of tourney types that people populate when they can, than to forever take it away because it is a bad time for some, or too long for some..

I would honestly suggest adding a 5/7 event somewhere that is a bit empty - if you feel that is a better size, than take away this one.

Thanks for being there and caring though KMA  :cool:
Never give up on the things that make you smile

KissMyAss

Heya d!    *bans diane from fibsboard*       :laugh:

Wasn't suggesting to get rid of it.... i said "to entice players back to the Tampa".  Although running a slightly shorter 5/7 somewhere else could be a good idea, but ONLY if I'd been the one to think of it.  Since it was you, nah.  :P

Just thought I'd open this convo here for a week, since its easier than trying to ask in shouts and get feedback from the Tampa players, when a lot of them aren't around at this time.  Cos I be smart and stuff!  :)

You're welcome.     

Hugs
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."  -  Bilbo Baggins (at his 111th Birthday party)

diane

:dontknow:  :(

banned again....  :cry2:  :unhappy: :cry2:
Never give up on the things that make you smile

KissMyAss

Still plenty of time to vote ppl!