News:

welcome to Fibsboard! your global moderators are stog (and mrs stog) socksey sixty diane zorba and a wonderful group of individual board moderators ......thx to ALL

Main Menu

forfeit loss posting in fibsleague

Started by stog, September 16, 2012, 12:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stog

just thought i'd repost a message i just sent to a player who had posted his loss as a forfeit.. for benefit of new league players etc

Quotehi thx for posting -- but why post as a 'forfeit'? this not only affects your rating but mine as well --> the rules state If you want to forfeit, check the forfeit cross (the loss is registered but the rating is not affected).  Mutual agreement is a good thing for me so that I do not waste time, and for you for quick updates. Thanks for your efforts." from http://fibsleagammon.free.fr/rules.htm  

this is the first time i have had someone forfeit a loss in many years - i do suggest you try posting a 'played' loss without forfeit. many thx

a forfeit loss posting is really for when a player doesn't play the match, say because of time constraints/life etc and thus neither player's rating is affected.. thx again for the match and gl in rest regards stog

stog

also i noticed tonight that    Match loss    1 Pt awarded to the Loser (except for a forfeit)

so you need to register without a forfeit to get a point when you lose; can be very needed in tight leagues!

well set up Tomawacky!