News:

Look into the LINKS section. Please add your favorite backgammon links.

Main Menu

New TD's

Started by socksey, August 21, 2004, 11:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

souptree

QuoteThe first TD's should do is RTFM!!!   :D

Or even better: read the whole site.
Entertaining thread, people.  dorbel should turn his prodigious attentions to monkeywrenching more often.  Sorry, wox, I know entertaining me was not the purported goal of this thread (although I can only assume it was an implied goal).  Like the (d)evolution of the 10K club, sometimes there are unintended consequences to these things.

I guess webrunner's use of 'RTFM' indicates that the term 'STFU' is hereby sanctioned on the fibsboard.  (?)  As it should be!

BTW, wox, I am still planning on becoming a TD (I enjoy toiling unloved and unappreciated!), I just haven't had much time for fibs the last couple weeks.
[size=8]All We Are Saying Is Give Peas A Chance[/size]
[size=8]www.souptree.net/fibs/stfu.jpg
Trees don't grow on money either.
[/size]

gogogiz

i am posting regarding new t.d's....

this is getting ridiculous and making my time on fibs less enjoyable and that goes for others too.
This morning i log into fibs and immediatley get a notice that i have been banned from tourney 980 from sparks......Not the nicest thing to start of the week...this has also happend to a lot of other fibsters this morning...

also Sparks is now complaining to repbot too
samirah shouts: RepBot says: spark's complainers: burper, donzaemon, gonzobuzz, rinit, samirah, Shades RepBot says: spark has no vouchers.
RepBot says: spark's complaints: breadfruit, clau, donzaemon, gogogiz, grasshopper, MadMatt, samirah, Shades, TourneyBot

every 5 mins now i am getting tells that i am banned from tourneys.....

this needs to be sorted out....i see this as a hassle and annoyance...how long is it going to last for   or is it going to go on for good...

diane

I expect it will go on until the novelty wears off.  Sorry to hear this is happening - it doesnt sound much fun  :(   Do you have any idea why sparks has targetted you for banning - or is it a lot of players - picked at random?
Never give up on the things that make you smile

gogogiz

the bans went to everyone i knew who was on and it wouldn't suprise me if everybody who was online got them... :angry: i just hope spark dissapears from fibs forever  :cool:  

diane

:lol:

Not just people on line it seems...here is what i logged in to...

Message from TourneyBot: You have been appointed as a Director of Tourney #979, by the order of spark.
Message from TourneyBot: You have been appointed as a Director of Tourney #980, by the order of spark.
Message from TourneyBot: You have been appointed as a Director of Tourney #981, by the order of spark.
Message from TourneyBot: You have been appointed as a Director of Tourney #982, by the order of spark.
Message from TourneyBot: You have been appointed as a Director of Tourney #983, by the order of spark.
Message from TourneyBot: You have been appointed as a Director of Tourney #984, by the order of spark.

lets hope the boredom sets in real soon  :D

Oops, seeing them here - they aren't bans - as I thought on screen - but seems I moderated some tourneys whilst busy at work - how very multitasking of me  :D

Well guess that is his/her 6 for today anyway.  perhaps he/she is just playing with the controls to see what they do - in the manner of a 3 year old investigating a VCR  :rolleyes:

diane

Since none of these tourneys actually ran - to tidy the list up a bit I have deleted them - but there are still 5 I cant remove - perhaps the creators would like to remove them?
The command is 'tell tourneybot drop tourney No.' and then reply yes.

PortWine

It used to be that you could log in, type "tell tourneybot tourneys" and see if anything was going on.  There were always one or two odd tourneys still hanging on but it was simple.  Now it is a f*&%ing mess!  Oh well!  Democracy is a messy process as well and dictators can make the trains run on time.  I guess a messy system is better.

MadMatt

spark has been removed from TDs and globally banned from TourneyBot.
MadMatt
----------

TourneyBot Website

diane

Thx Matt - I too had been approached by a lot of upstanding and very confused fibsters about their bans!!

socksey

Thx, Matt!  Would it be too much to ask that you do the same for gonzobuzz?   ;)

socksey

"Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished. If
you're alive, it isn't." - Richard Bach

diane

To offer evidence for that - here is tonights offering...(gees i am glad i am usually in bed now..)

In the middle of a  tourney run by gogo (very professionally might i add  ;) )

TourneyBot says: *** Single Elimination Bracket Tourney #989 (Tourney #989) has opened for registration! Type 'tell TourneyBot tourney 989' for details. Register with 'tell TourneyBot register 989'. ***

Message from TourneyBot: You have been appointed as a Director of Tourney #989, by the order of gonzobuzz.

(i am still playing in the other btw)

then..

Message from TourneyBot: You have been banned from Tourney #990, by the order of gonzobuzz.

then..

Message from TourneyBot: You have been banned from Tourney #991, by the order of gonzobuzz.

then...

Message from TourneyBot: You have been banned from Tourney #992, by the order of gonzobuzz.

then...

Message from TourneyBot: You have been banned from Tourney #993, by the order of gonzobuzz.

then..

I won the tourney I was actually playing in  :D

along the way..

hangglide says: i'm confused by the multiple tourneys

yeah me too  :rolleyes:

boardking shouts: TourneyBot wrote this message: 9You have been banned from Tourney #992 by the order of gonzobuzz.

hangglide shouts: i have been removed from 992 by order of gonzobuzz

TourneyBot shouts: *** The ###### is HERE!!! (Tourney #1000) has opened for registration! Type 'tell TourneyBot tourney 1000' for details. Register with 'tell TourneyBot register 1000'. *** (good to know tourney 1000 was such a positive event  :D )

meanwhile - back at the ranch - since he is such a talented player - gonzo is playing 99 ers!!!

brazilbabe and gonzobuzz start a 99 point match. (one after another  :D )  maybe that is why the tourneys didnt get full attention.....

diane

And as if all that wasnt fun enough for one night ..

TourneyBot says: |1000: [bracket] The ###### is HERE!!!| |Thu, 26 Aug 04 02:54 UTC| |Directors: brazilbabe| |Status: In progress|

TourneyBot: T1000R1M2 (3-pt): heymark (1552) vs. brazilbabe (1591)

and...

heymark shouts: so now...what happens if your tourney player drops?

oh dear  :(

Maybe adding the rep thing to the add moderator command should be considered..

gogogiz

hiya all...i just thought i would add this info...

gonzobuzz was also brazilbabe last nite....playing 99 pointers with himself and dropping winners in the tourney...

Information about gonzobuzz:   Last login:  Thursday, August 26 02:21 UTC from 193.194.70.123

Information about brazilbabe:   Last login:  Thursday, August 26 01:51 UTC from 193.194.70.123

not only a tourney ruiner & dropper but a cheat :stupid:  

lewscannon

Quotehiya all...i just thought i would add this info...

gonzobuzz was also brazilbabe last nite....playing 99 pointers with himself and dropping winners in the tourney...

Information about gonzobuzz:   Last login:  Thursday, August 26 02:21 UTC from 193.194.70.123

Information about brazilbabe:   Last login:  Thursday, August 26 01:51 UTC from 193.194.70.123

not only a tourney ruiner & dropper but a cheat :stupid:
Does this mean that the complete set of Ginzu knives that I was promised for winning his last tournament aren't really in the mail?

diane

QuoteDoes this mean that the complete set of Ginzu knives that I was promised for winning his last tournament aren't really in the mail?
You mean one of them actually ran??  :P  

PortWine

It dices...it slices....it'll roll doubles for you!

MadMatt

I banned them. Looks like my master plan isn't turning out so great, now I have even more work with abusing idiots. Hopefully the novelty will wear off...

I might disable messages the bot sends when a TD bans someone next, too...
MadMatt
----------

TourneyBot Website