News:

want to modify your profile? -- top menu  here, then "modify profile" left menu- then "Forum Profile Information"

Main Menu

Tigergammon Ready and Waiting

Started by socksey, November 25, 2012, 04:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

socksey

I am happy to announce that Tigergammon seems to be bug free at last! 

There are currently 19 bots of 6 categories ready and waiting to play for those of you who like the bots.   :)

What we need now is real players to populate the site also.  So, please, come on and give it a try!   :thumbsup:

The new login info is:       host     ti-ga.com
                                      port     4321

For javafibs, go to preferences/server, then type in ti-ga in place of fibs.  That's all you need to do.

As soon as we get enough players interested in tourneys, I'll be running some tourneys there. 

Your host is andreas or hannes, the same person.  He's worked long and hard to make this a great place to play.  Thanks to you, andreas!

socksey

There is no paycheck that can equal the feeling of contentment that comes from being the person you are meant to be. ~ Oprah Winfrey

sorrytigger

Thanks socksey :) for your advertising.

Indeed - this is the official announcement that TigerGammon is on rails.

This means that matches are handled correctly. This means I would even encourage to play league or tourneys on TigerGammon.
We will start to organize tourneys there, now.

When I still call it a "beta version" this is due to the fact, that there still may be some minor bugs. But they should only affect convenience. They should not lead to unlegal matches. Bugs should occur very seldom now.

Come to TigerGammon and enjoy.

No timeouts (apart from those that are caused by your own operating system).
No restrictions on number of saved games.
No restrictions on IPs. So even Germans may play bots.
No forced end of game or forced acceptance of invitations.

In short words. The old .ibs restored.

Andreas

diane

Quote from: sorrytigger on November 25, 2012, 05:37:33 PM

No timeouts (apart from those that are caused by your own operating system).
No restrictions on number of saved games.
No restrictions on IPs. So even Germans may play bots.
No forced end of game or forced acceptance of invitations.

In short words. The old .ibs restored.

Andreas

Or.."A step backwards"..no thanks :-) Enjoy your droppers!  :cool:
Never give up on the things that make you smile

maria

sorrytigger

Quote from: maria on November 26, 2012, 10:47:32 AM
Can I use FIBS/W there?

Hi Maria,

most of it should work. I haven't tested it for quite a while since hardly anyone uses it.

Either I test it and tell you (let's say in about a week or so)
or YOU test it and tell me (by message on TigerGammon or mail, if possible, andreas@tigergammon.com)

Andreas

vegasvic

Thanks Andreas for your hard work .... i've played over 1,000 games and its all working well .

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!

NIHILIST

I'm rebuilding my Windows box. I'll join you soon as it's ready to go.

Bob
Robert J Ebbeler

maria

Quote from: sorrytigger on November 26, 2012, 10:52:28 AM
Hi Maria,

most of it should work. I haven't tested it for quite a while since hardly anyone uses it.

Either I test it and tell you (let's say in about a week or so)
or YOU test it and tell me (by message on TigerGammon or mail, if possible, andreas@tigergammon.com)

Andreas

FIBS/W works there, just certain moves have to be typed in, like when getting off of the bar. 

socksey

Quote from: diane on November 26, 2012, 08:55:43 AM
Or.."A step backwards"..no thanks :-) Enjoy your droppers!  :cool:

Droppers!?  I haven't seen a one so far.

socksey

I am always more interested in what I am about to do, than in what I have already done. - Rachel Carson

vegasvic

I must say.... What is SO nice about tigergammon is NO  rants about Israel and NO words of wisdom from  about droppers or what is proper or not proper.

I just love it .

people's names removed by stog

do not personalise or u carded

adrian

Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

garp_02

Nice to see all the scum floating to the surface of one particular pond - have fun kiddies  :thumbsup2:

stog

thought i carded you garp

(stog mutters and thinks i am going to have fix something)

i would suggest you are as polite as a rabbit with a crook leg speakin' with ole mr fox .... u got me?

(at least 'till your leg's mended)

u get my drift)

Ps glad u is in the pink mr stiefnu adrian

garp_02

You did card me - yellow.

But it's nice to speak the truth

stog

well do so in a polite and thoughtful manner, without over-personalising slagging or cursin' fellow 'boarders, or your voice (and others who personalise) will be curtailed.

remember truth is all very well, your truth that is, but it maybe ain't another person's.

we are all  responsible for our words - they cause and effect

and if your words are going to offend or upset anyone, then i'd rather you kept your truth to yourself, or make the effort to edit and rewrite, until it is pristine and untainted

last warning

Tanika

It's such a shame that people ( not only in this instance ! ) have the way of spoiling things ! Andreas have worked hard and long to sort out problems and to make Tiger into a site that would be enjoyed as much as we enjoy FIBS. I'm sure he ( and those who helped him) took great pride in anouncing that at last the site is ready for take-off... just so that he can be critisized. As for the "scum" remark. In all the time that I have been on Tiger, not once have I seen rude remarks, swearing or abuse.... makes one wonder where the scum gathers. Thank you for your hard work Andreas, I enjoy helping bring Tiger to life and give it a "personality" and a "face".
if I smile it's because  I already found someone else to blame......

sorrytigger

Thanks, Tanika and Stog, for your considerate words.

Amazing - considering what it is like on fibs, it seems like a very tamed bunch on TigerGammon. I think it will stay like that, as long as no visitors dropp in that carry bad intent.

Andreas

Tanika

i think Stog should insert "like" buttons.....
if I smile it's because  I already found someone else to blame......

stiefnu

QuotePs glad u is in the pink mr stiefnu
Well thanks for the kind thought but I'm mystified as to what I've done to deserve it, having not played on Tigergammon, nor having (as far as I know) upset anyone lately!

stiefnu

stog

sry stiefnu (i was having a senior moment) i meant adrian  - will correct above

glad u r both in the pink though

socksey

Quote from: stiefnu on December 01, 2012, 01:13:06 PM
  Well thanks for the kind thought but I'm mystified as to what I've done to deserve it, having not played on Tigergammon, nor having (as far as I know) upset anyone lately!

stiefnu

We're anxiously awaiting your entrance, stiefnu!   ;)  Come see us soon!   :)

socksey

A friend is someone who knows your song, and sings it to you when you've forgotten it yourself. ~ Alan Cohen 

vegasvic

Socks you forgot to extend a invite to Adrian :)

NIHILIST

What password do I enter to login as a guest in order to establish an account ?

Bob
Robert J Ebbeler

vegasvic

You are registered so use what ever password you logged on with .

If not e-mail  andreas@tigergammon.com and he will give you the password you used :)
Now i have to change my post i will not be the only shout banned player :))

NIHILIST

Nice try, I still cant login. I login as guest and it tells me I need a password, WHAT EFFING PASSWORD ?

Bob
Robert J Ebbeler

sorrytigger

Hi Bob,

Quote from: NIHILIST on December 22, 2012, 07:32:51 PM
Nice try, I still cant login. I login as guest and it tells me I need a password, WHAT EFFING PASSWORD ?

from what I see I take it, that you are using JavaFibs and you are trying to "log in as guest" - which won't work. With JavaFibs to register you want to use the menu "JavaFIBS/New User...." (hell, I have to prepare some screenshots and put em on the website  B) ).

But you might want to use your existing account. I could reset the password and relay to you somehow. Send me a mail to andreas@tigergammon.com. Or if you wish use vic as a messenger or anyone else that seems reliable to me :)

Merry Christmas
Andreas

socksey

It's OK, he found his way on as rebbeler yesterday, and a great welcome it was!  He may want his password for the other nick tho.  ;)

socksey

Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates. ~ Lao-Tzu

NIHILIST

Robert J Ebbeler

vegasvic

Me too .......... can this mean soon Don is on his way to Tigergammon ?

Bhuwhaaaaaaaaaaa !

garp_02

Merry Christmas to all my Tigergammon friends.

In all seriousness - hope you all have a lovely Christmas and a safe and happy New Year.

:mellow:

vegasvic

Thank you Garp same to you and yours !!

Maybe when you chill out you can come and test out tiger your self before passing judgment .

Its just another site where people come and play and chat and have fun over a game of backgammon .

socksey

Fibs seems to be down for 3/5 tourney.  Too bad.  Tigergammon is up and running if anyone wants to give it a try.

Use same portal as Fibs, but change the fibs.com to ti-ga.com in javafibs to log on or see first post in this thread.

socksey

Aspire to inspire before you expire.

sorrytigger

There has been a new release of TigerGammon on Oct. 30.

With this release came a bugfix concerning the match files as recorded by JavaFibs for later analysis. There had been a problem, that each first game in the match was not recorded. This is now fixed. So all players interested in match analysis should be satisfied with this, now.

As far as I can see this should have been the last obstacle to serious tourneys on TigerGammon. So you are invited to come to this nice server and play tourneys there.

Presently I am working on an advanced protocol and a client that supports new features. Plans are to offer nackgammon, clock support, chouette and the likes. Hang on!

To get all news and announcments follow us on https://twitter.com/tigergammon or like us on https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tiger-Gammon/138290269654555.

Andreas

vegasvic

Thank you Andreas for all your hard work .

anyone wanting to try tiger gammon out , in javafibs, you need to go to prefs and change the server info to        ti-ga.com

then register as a new player .

See you there !!

sorrytigger

By the way:

Nackgammon and Hypergammon are now available. To play 'Nack' you have to invite manually on the commandline.

invite <name> <number> nack

For a match of Hypergammon do

invite <name> <number> hyper

The invited player should see an extra line in his system view which looks like

It's Nackgammon

Future clients will support this feature for your convenience :)

Andreas