News:

Remember if you wish to share a pic or a story, with just a selected few, use the new extended profile with custom buddy list http://www.fibsboard.com/announcements/new-ultimate-profile-a-biopicdocumentsounds-area-that-can-only-be-seen-by-b/

Main Menu

Leery of client aps ...

Started by Uncle Ben, March 11, 2013, 01:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Ben

I am always leery of DLing any of these software applications.  What if anything can anyone tell me here that would make me feel better about downloading and installing one of those client applications?  I looked into javafibs, for example, and a security screen warning immediately popped up.  Right now, I play at parlorplay.com, which doesn't require any software DL/installation. The interface is not ideal, but it is safe, or at least I think it is.  But I understand that other applications such as javafibs and the like are much more robust, with a much more user-friendly interface.  Anything you can tell me to alleviate my apprehension would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

ah_clem

Depending on your settings, a "security screen" will pop up whenever you try to download/install any new software.  nothing special about JavaFibs in that regard.

The mainstream fibs clients (javafibs, fibzilla, etc) are pretty safe.  I wouldn't hesitate to download and install any of them.

Of course, you could always use the telnet interface to FIBS instead...

Uncle Ben

socksey

Ah-clem is right!  I've been using javafibs for years and prefer it over the rest, fyi. ;)))

socksey

If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else. ~ Booker T. Washington

Uncle Ben

Quote from: socksey on March 12, 2013, 03:07:13 PM
Ah-clem is right!  I've been using javafibs for years and prefer it over the rest, fyi. ;)))

socksey

Thanks!