News:

VIP Donor members get fewer ads;  Donate - don't be late
cheers

Main Menu

TourneyBot now checks saved game count

Started by Tom, April 07, 2013, 01:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Last week a player found they could register for a tourney but then not play, this is because they had too many saved games.

TourneyBot will start checking for this as soon as I can roll out the changes.

There is also some other minor clean ups in the latest version.

Tom

socksey

What is the saved games limit you've made?

A couple of weeks ago, I was in a discussion with a fairly new player who had racked up a lot of saved games through no fault of their own, but of ignorance of the system.  Her rep was good, just had too many saved games.  I would not want to exclude someone arbitrarily for that reason.

socksey

Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen. - Goethe

diane

I would be reasonably sure Tom has set it at 5..because at that level you can't start new games, and therefore cant play in the tournament...sounds like a good idea to me,  one less admin detail to have to deal with, although the time out was probably not too disruptive.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Tom

It also has the added benefit of telling the player what the problem is so they can get an idea of how to fix it.

Tom

dorbel

QuoteHer rep was good, just had too many saved games.  I would not want to exclude someone arbitrarily for that reason.
Am I missing something here? Socksey doesn't want to arbitrarily exclude somebody who is actually unable to start a match? How does that work then?

NIHILIST

Dorbel asks...........
QuoteSocksey doesn't want to arbitrarily exclude somebody who is actually unable to start a match?

Do you ever read what you write ? If a player is unable to start a match, he is, de facto, excluded, arbitrarily or otherwise.

If I were you I would check into Alzheimner's clinics in Spain. You seem to be losing it, bit by bit, and your fixation on socksey is a concern.

Bob
Robert J Ebbeler

vegasvic

Bob it don't matter , what ever socksey posts , diane and dorbel have to find issue ....

What i do not understand is how she became a moderator . all she does is use this site to bash socksey .

Its rather pathetic in my humble opion .

diane

Quote from: NIHILIST on April 08, 2013, 08:47:53 PM
Dorbel asks...........
Do you ever read what you write ? If a player is unable to start a match, he is, de facto, excluded, arbitrarily or otherwise.

lol...that was his point [resists urge to use a personally critical word]...do you read not only what you write - but what others write too?

vegasvic

diane

Quote from: dorbel on April 08, 2013, 08:30:25 PM
Am I missing something here? Socksey doesn't want to arbitrarily exclude somebody who is actually unable to start a match? How does that work then?

Isn't it obvious? Even players unable to play matches are more welcome in tourneys than you or inim  [and probably me] :laugh:

Of course, if they enter and cant play, they do bump up the available TPR points for those fixating on being the winner each week and having their name in lights. For those for whom that is the single most important point to playing, that is possibly quite relevant  ;)

NIHILIST

What's obvious to me is that dorbel seems incapable of making his point and for some reason you think you have to be his water carrier.

You two deserve each other, you're a match made in heaven.

Bob
Robert J Ebbeler

diane

One last crack at this, and then I walk away to more interesting things....the point was made, clear to everyone except you and possibly one other who seems somewhat off the mark in his comments, but he always was hard of understanding.

Lets see...socksey wants to include players in her tourney who cannot start matches due to having 5 or more saved games....dorbel asked why [possibly since he is unable to join, so feels particularly interested].

No interpretation needed, just an ability to read something other than your own words - oh and possibly a wry sense of humour.

And as for who deserves what - I think you are very well deserving of all your dear friends.

G'day sir.

NIHILIST

I guess it must be that vaunted British sense of humor that no one else ever understands.

I'm sure dorbel is appreciative of your efforts to explain his positions to those of us who lack that wry sense of humor.

Bob
Robert J Ebbeler

dorbel

QuoteWhat i do not understand is how she (diane) became a moderator . all she does is use this site to bash socksey .

Good to see vic coming out strongly against the abuse of a voluntary position to further a personal vendetta!

KissMyAss

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."  -  Bilbo Baggins (at his 111th Birthday party)

stog

A young couple moves into a new neighborhood. The next morning while they are eating breakfast, the young woman sees her neighbour hanging the wash outside. "That laundry is not very clean; she doesn't know how to wash correctly. Perhaps she needs better laundry soap." Her husband looks on, remaining silent. Every time her neighbor hangs her wash to dry, the young woman makes the same comments. A month later, the woman is surprised to see a nice clean wash on the line and says to her husband: "Look, she's finally learned how to wash correctly. I wonder who taught her this? " The husband replies, "I got up early this morning and cleaned our windows."