News:

Become a VIP .....appreciate Fibsboard? don't like ads, Y not http://www.fibsboard.com/donate.php

Main Menu

TourneyBot Updates May 2013

Started by Tom, May 07, 2013, 09:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Here is a pretty cool update:

TourneyBot now automatically imports the Bagolympic challonge brackets after each one is finished, automatically adding the results to the TPR ranks!

LuckyDice also gave approval for me adding a Bago thread in the TourneyBot Results forum.

There have been some other updates recently too.

If you are subscribed to tourneybot shouts and you login during registration of a tourney you will be told when it starts and how to register.

I also added a new match length setting for the Semi-Final matches.

Thanks!

Tom

diane

I also noticed that if you accidentally shout your registration..the bot adds you anyway :-)

I have had to stop shouting the instruction 'register ####'..the bot keeps calling me silly  :laugh:

These improvements really add to the experience - making it easier and easier for people to play - and for the tourneys to run themselves!

Thanks Tom
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Tom

I saw a few new people register that way and figured Why Not?

I did not announce it because I am not sure we want *everyone* shouting their registration :)

But shouting 'tell tourneybot register ###' and 'register ###' both work

tom

jeeves

Some nice updates Tom, thank you.   :yes:

I also added a new match length setting for the Semi-Final matches.  What does this mean?

Tom

Quote from: jeeves on May 08, 2013, 03:31:49 PM
Some nice updates Tom, thank you.   :yes:

I also added a new match length setting for the Semi-Final matches.  What does this mean?

The semi-final matches are the ones that decide who is in the final match.

Typically we run 3/5's so if there were 16 players we'd have 4 rounds

3/3/3/5

But if we ran it as a 3/5/7 (3pt matches, 5pt semi-final and 7pt final) it would look like

3/3/5/7

If it was 8 players (3 rounds) then 3/5/7 but if only 2 rounds it would still be 3/5

does that help?

tom