News:

we need 2 or 3 small donations a month, and an ad or 2 each month, consistently over the year, to keep the board going.....http://www.fibsboard.com/donate.php

Main Menu

access denied message on League pages?

Started by stog, May 26, 2013, 10:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stog

anyone know anything about the
Quote"I have ** access denied! to Fibs. Bye and Thanks for all"
message on the top of tomawaky's League pages ?

KissMyAss

Pages such as this one?    http://www.fibsboard.com/fibsleagammon/forfeit-loss-posting-in-fibsleague/

I don't see that message.  I can read the page.    Or does it come up when you click reply?  I don't want to have to start a comment on a thread I have no clue about, but if you want me to do one on that to show that the links are okay, I can do so.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."  -  Bilbo Baggins (at his 111th Birthday party)

stog

diane

That is odd...it looks like the message you would get if you tried to log in to Fibs with an incorrect password, or if your account was deleted...In Franglais..it appears that Toma is saying he was deleted...but he wasn't..

Information about Tomawaky:
 Last login:  Friday, April 19 07:21 EST from sge91-3-82-241-78-19.fbx.proxad.net
 Last logout: Friday, April 19 07:24 EST
 Not logged in right now.
 Rating: 1799.34 Experience: 14174
 Email address: fibsleagammon.free.fr

So, unless he forgot his password, or it got corrupted and he has misunderstood, I have no idea - think it will need the big man himself to answer this one!!

I emailed him to come and read this - so lets see...
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Zorba

If Tomawaky is unable to log in with the password as he knows it, Patti might be able to help. From what I understood she can only do this if you have your e-mail address entered at FIBS, but since he has his website entered there and many players know what his e-mail address is (it's on the website too I suppose), I guess it wouldn't be a problem.

I hope Tomawaky responds!
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

diane

His email address is also there on his 'whois' profile, so he is very safe  ;)

jackdaddy

Possibly, but if you do a whois on jackdaddy, I believe he is still there. Oddly, his access is denied...

diane

I expect there were some other communications directly with Patti explaining that.

If you log in and unexpectedly get that access denied message, it is usually a password anomaly which can be rectified, either by entering it correctly...or getting a password reset.

Thinking about it, I was denied at one of the FIBs server updates...the software changes made it reject my password - which started with an illegal character. That did need a password reset, which was easily done.

Julia_H

stog

now back up, but message at top remains

diane

This has appeared on Facebook..

Franck Del Rio posted in FIBS - First Internet Backgammon Server

Bye Fibs

I have replied to him there too - there still seems to be no rational explanation for this...

Patti

A few people have asked me about this, and I've told them all the same thing-- he's using the wrong password.  If he contacts me then I can help him sort it out.

diane

I thought it would be that...so many people dont realise passwords can be corrupted in their interface. That got me one time, maria saved me..told me to just retype it in manually - I did that and all was well. That was a scary half hour  :laugh: :laugh:

Well..I have emailed him, messaged him through his website and replied to his facebook post..not sure what else to do - a trip to France is not a possibility  :laugh: :laugh:

stog

ok i've just realised i have a different email for T so have messaged him on that

Patti

I got in touch with him and he managed to log in successfully today.

rebayona

Quote from: Patti on May 31, 2013, 06:02:57 PM
I got in touch with him and he managed to log in successfully today.
So it was a misunderstanding and he was overreacting like a kindergarten kid?  :ohmy:
My nickname might sound girlie, but it is just my lastname, so please, stop flirting with me Romeos. It's awkard.

socksey

I imagine if you were denied access to Fibs, you might overreact like a 'kindergarten kid', too!   :laugh:

socksey

How you imagine the world determines how you live in it. - David Suzuki

rebayona

Quote from: socksey on August 03, 2013, 05:49:37 AM
I imagine if you were denied access to Fibs, you might overreact like a 'kindergarten kid', too!   :laugh:

socksey

How you imagine the world determines how you live in it. - David Suzuki

but right after checking with teachers!!
My nickname might sound girlie, but it is just my lastname, so please, stop flirting with me Romeos. It's awkard.

jackdaddy

Being denied access to FIBS, one also might react as if they were released from the bonds of tyranny...

Patti

Socksey, would you act like a kindergarten kid even if the reason you were denied access is that you'd forgotten your password?