News:

VIP Donor members get fewer ads;  Donate - don't be late
cheers

Main Menu

eXtreme Gammon

Started by TimDugan, June 16, 2013, 06:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimDugan

Just downloaded eXtreme Gammon, and I'm trying to figure out how to export my matches from JavaFIBS into the right folder.  I have Windows 7 and any help would be welcome before I drive myself crazy. :)
"A committee of two people is most effective when one doesn't show up." -Phil Simborg

garp_02

I'm no techie Tim, but from what I can see you import the game from Fibs into XG, then there is the option to 'Save As', then you pick your folder?

dorbel

You dont need to use export. If you click on the symbol beneath the board that has 2 dice, a folder and a dice cup, that will import your last match. To open any other (or if that doesnt work), then it is File/Open/Desktop(if that is where your javafibs lives)/Javafibs/matches/jellyfish/All files. When you save the match and the analysis, it will save it back into the same directory as an XG file.
Hope this helps.

TimDugan

Thanks Garp and dorbel .... however, when I do that it comes up blank... where are my matches.. where are they being saved??
"A committee of two people is most effective when one doesn't show up." -Phil Simborg

garp_02

Mine go into C:\Users\Will\Desktop\New folder\matches\jellyfish\

Not sure if that's any help since I haven't found any of yours in there ;)

KDP

with javafibs you have to convert the saved match first before you use XG, its been a while since i used javafibs but i think you click on something like "convert log to .mat file" or something similar.  with fibszilla under preferences click the box that says "save game logs as JF.mat"  your matches are automatically saved then.  when you run XG just click on "file" -> import -> last game played and you should be good.

Zorba

..and you probably want all your JavaFIBS matches converted to .mat files, which you can do by checking the Menu:Preferences->Automatic Jellyfish Export setting.
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill