News:

Play our  New Fibsboard Position of the Week --> perhaps give your comments/reasons thx..here's the link  http://www.fibsboard.com/position-of-the-week/

Main Menu

Game 1, move 5 : Herd 3-1

Started by diane, June 28, 2013, 10:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Roderick rolled 6-4 and moved 24/14
Never give up on the things that make you smile

ah_clem

Spoiler

Much as I'd like to get off the 22 point, I think making the bar point is stronger.

But I won't be surprised if making the 21 point is better.

[close]

Roderick

Seems the herd made the right play... for all the reasons Julia gave, plus fewer blots.

I made the only reasonable 6-4 by escaping one checker, giving me a better chance of escaping entirely and a spare checker to play, of which I was in desperate need.

Herd will no doubt employ the same rationale to make this play as it used last turn so I will go ahead and make my next play.

NIHILIST

Spoken like a true results player. It would be rude and crass of me to point out that if we'd made your 4 point and our bar point, this 3-1 of ours would make our 5 point giving us a nice block against your blot on our 1 point. Since it would be rude and crass, I won't point it out.

Bob
Robert J Ebbeler

Roderick

Bob, you're talking results-based play, not me.  And you're wrong to boot.  Perhaps some civility when someone disagrees with your play.  And especially when they're correct.

And just so we have it for posterity....

Posted on: Today at 04:56:12 PM
Posted by: NIHILIST
Insert Quote
Spoken like a true results player. It would be rude and crass of me to point out that if we'd made your 4 point and our bar point, this 3-1 of ours would make our 5 point giving us a nice block against your blot on our 1 point. Since it would be rude and crass, I won't point it out.

Bob

diane

I removed Nihilists post, which was completely unrelated to this topic.

This forum is for comment and ideas on the plays in the match and about learning more about Backgammon, Anything not to do with that will be removed as soon as I see it.

You have asked each other to be civil, I will also ask that. Please keep to game comments and keep them respectful.
Never give up on the things that make you smile