News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2014 cheers! MAffi diane Tom Zorba  Sixty_something Linus & Aviator

Main Menu

fibs euro real life meet up europe early september

Started by resh, June 28, 2013, 07:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resh

would anyone be interested in a fibs real life meet up somewhere in europe in semptember?

please post if you have ideas, can commit time to planning or attend.

best regards

resh

sorrytigger

There is a meeting (in planning) on September 21. 2013. It takes place in Hassloch, Germany.

Usually there are about 16 Fibsters and we organize a tourney, ttt, chouettes. The whole thing is mostly social. We all hand in some money to finance it (around €30). Playing skill is from 1500 to 2000, roughly. Visitors are 25 years to 55 in age, German speaking, I think we'd welcome visitors from abroad. (I would :)) For details ask andreas@tigergammon.com or even better, ask kawasaki on FIBS, who is organizing the whole event.

Then there is a meeting of "Hardys Backgammon Forum" http://www.hardyhuebener.de/forum/index.php?topic=3158.0 on the weekend of the 6th of september in a wonderful, yet pretty unknown part of Germany, the "Sauerland" close to Siegen, Germany. There a tournament is taking place on Saturday, sometimes we'll make it an offical one (on the German Tournament list). The whole weekend costs around € 120 including bed, food and fun. There are roughly 16 people there plus maybe family members. Participants are again 25-55 of age, German speaking, playing skill is rather 1700 to 2100. We had people from Netherlands and Switzerland on this event already (maybe even Denmark).

Questions? Ask me.

Andreas