News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2011 cheers! ..thx godwinson, webrunner, stog, spielberg*, hartkegirl, KissMyAss*, ettu*,  jackdaddy*, diane, caleb, sixty_something*, Zorba*, aviator, Tom*, anonymous*, roygbiv*, r_monk *

Main Menu

No invitation possible: "your are not allowed to create a new game"

Started by Frosch123, July 01, 2013, 12:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frosch123

I wanted to show FIBS to a friend and we downloaded and installed JavaFIBS_2001.

We created an new FIBS-Account via JavaFIBS_2001, then we successfully logged in.

But when we tried to invite an other player we got following message from FIBS: your are not allowed to create a new game.

We logged off, I logged in with my account and then I was able to invite other players (Message: you invite blunderbot to a 3 point match).

What does this message mean? Is this problem known? Can anyone help me (or my friend)?

Thanks

diane

New accounts need to register with Patti before they can start playing. Your friend must email pattib@fibs.com, then the account will be activated.
You should also ask if you wish to play two accounts from the same ISP, that has been a source of abuse, and is not now allowed routinely.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

ah_clem

It means you cannot invite anyone.  Accounts are blocked form issuing new invitations for a variety of reasons, usually because of too many saved matches.  I'm not sure why a new account would be blocked.

Your best avenue for help is to email the FIBS admin at patti@fibs.com

diane

Quote from: ah_clem on July 01, 2013, 01:03:13 PM
I'm not sure why a new account would be blocked.

As I mentioned in my reply...the new process at fibs for new players is that they register a nick, then email Patti. When Patti has an email, she will activate the account so they can play.

Yes, even our returning samirah had to do that - watch out for it folks  ;)
Never give up on the things that make you smile

socksey

It might be helpful if Patti would explain the new policies at fibs.com so that we don't have to keep explaining to newbies what's what on fibs, i.e. email requirement for first time players, time that saved matches expire, stricter shouting policies, auto resuming of games dropped, how many saves until you can't invite, etc.

socksey

My music wasn't written by Mozart, Beethoven, Bach or Schubert. It's written by God and me.  They go "a one and a two and up."  We start on the downbeat.  Bam!  And that's where we got them. ~ James Brown

Patti

If you're new and you need to validate your account, MissManners nags you about it each and every time you log in.  If people ignore that constant nagging I'm not sure what else I'm supposed to do.

A big part of the reason for email validation is that I have the opportunity to send every new user a welcome message.  That message contains information about account expiration, the basic rules of FIBS, and a bunch of other stuff. 

socksey

What about oldies who aren't on Fibs every day.  How are they notified?

socksey

They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. - Andy Warhol

Patti

Important changes tend to live in the MOTD for a few weeks.