News:

**Inspired by recurrent discussions in FIBS shouts on issues concerning science and consciousness, we have introduced an ISP Board on Fibsboard.com ...a space set aside for more considered esoteric meanderings on ideas science and philosophy --- "concept formation and elucidation" .....> the philosophy/physiology/ structure and function of a fibster or fibsboarder!
take a look at http://www.fibsboard.com/ideas-science-and-philosophy/

Main Menu

Game 3, move 6 : Herd to cube?

Started by diane, July 19, 2013, 11:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

I just want to calibrate the word 'disaster'..do we all think a disaster happened?  ;)
Never give up on the things that make you smile

NIHILIST

Not exactly a disaster, more like Igor electrified the monster.  IT' ALIVE ! IT'S ALIVE !

Play on. He has excellent timing for his backgame and his army is comprised  of 15 soldiers whereas 2 of our soldiers deserted.

Bob
Robert J Ebbeler

Roderick

Well, I would have liked cube ownership here.

Many positions similar (and other backgame types) are money beavers.  I checked to verify and, sure enough, this one is, too.  I took it a step further and checked herd equity with me having cube ownership after every herd roll.  Herd's best roll gives herd negative equity with me having cube ownership, even a 5-3.

There certainly are times to cube against backgames, but this is so early it's not even a question of it being well-timed or not.  And, as nihilist points out, you have 2 dead checkers on your ace, which won't be very helpful here.  Add, to the rest, that you have 4 dances, after which I'm much closer to a cube than you are here and cubing here becomes a very bad proposition.

NIHILIST

Aside from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how'd you like the play ?

Bob
Robert J Ebbeler