News:

Free Competition -"Risk - no risk!"-has just ended. curanar, wintom & stog won copies of Bgblitz2Go. details  here http://www.fibsboard.com/free-competition-win-bgblitz2go-p85

Main Menu

animal witness

Started by Im_not_gimmeluck, July 31, 2013, 07:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Im_not_gimmeluck

garp_02

About time we had some decent art on this channel.

Nice work Gimme and nice concept - your own work?

Im_not_gimmeluck

Yes, Garp, my own work. 2.25^2 in. approx. #s 1 and 2 in a series of 15. The narrative is that of implied violence with only an animal as a witness.  The inspiration came from living in inner city Chicago for 10 years.  People seemed to be cruel to each other for no other reason, it seemed, that they could.  The medium is sterling silver, brass and copper.

Thanks for your kind words.

garp_02

Great stuff my friend.

Hope you will share numbers 3-15 with us.

Love the idea and look forward to the others :)

socksey

Ditto that!   :thumbsup2:

socksey

Time sneaks up on you like a windshield on a bug. - John Lithgow

Im_not_gimmeluck

Thanks again!  I only have two more to show.  The rest were sold or gifted before I photographed them or remain un-photographed.  The diorama was the last of the series.  If and when I photograph the remaining pieces I will post...

Zorba

Great work gimme, enjoyed watching it!
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill