News:

click the little + - buttons to customise your Fibsboard (unclick them sometimes to see what you're missing :)

Main Menu

Game 4, move 1 : Herd 2-2 corrected

Started by diane, August 12, 2013, 09:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

ok..all corrected, lets vote again...
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Roderick

Thanks!  :-)

diane

Well..typically of doubles like this, a good mix of ideas...anyone care to explain their choice, or say why there is no one good move here? Lets see if we can get more of a consensus going on  :)
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Julia_H

Spoiler
Well, bar/23 6/4(2) plays itself. Then wussy 10/8 spoils a perfectly good builder. 24/22 beats 23/21 as it's less likely to be pointed on while achieving the same ends (pinning down the enemy's 8-point and getting those back men moving towards either safety or a better anchor). 13/11 is not bad - and I'd vote for it to keep either of those rejected options out - but I suspect is overplaying the situation with four blots around, so overall I'll stick with 24/22.
[close]

stiefnu

Spoiler
OK, I'm convinced by Julia_H's suggestion that 13/11 by leaving four blots is probably overplaying our hand. Nicely phrased, that. So (not for the first time) I've switched vote.
[close]

KDP

my play is b*23 6-4(2) and the, as julia put it, the wussy 10-8.  in the long run i think thats the best play.  yes  it removes a builder, but it also reduces the number of blots.  also by moving up to the 22 you are inviting our 2 back checkers to be attacked.  there is a long way to go still in this game and believe it or not, sometimes the quiet, unsexy play turns out to be best.