News:

click the little + - buttons to customise your Fibsboard (unclick them sometimes to see what you're missing :)

Main Menu

Banned from Kiwi

Started by vegasvic, August 28, 2013, 02:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vegasvic

Now this is a all time CRAZY KIWI .

I was playing diddywhat and i needed a dbl to win and in kibitz i said "pck what do you think 44 or a 55 here ?

And i was banned for this , that in some way i was asking for help coach me to win . i did not know pck had control of fibs dice .

KissMyAss says: Rule 2     . Opponents may not use any aids to evaluate moves this includes getting coaching from a watcher directly or indirectly. PIP counts may be enabled.                  Do not come back for the Kiwi tourney tomorrow at this time.   You may rejoin Kiwi again for the one in 48 hours.    You asked pck in kibitz for his guidance in your match.  this will not be tolerated.   

Darlin you can keep your tourney you will not see me back in it . EVER i do not take kindly to statements like what you made .

diane

Never give up on the things that make you smile

vegasvic

No dear , it will be for EVER . what is it you all drink down under ? kangaroo piss ?

Moderate that one Diane .

Here is where i said  44 or 55 here pck .. and the TD thinks its asking for coaching .

I guess you need to know a little bit about this game to know if there is a need for help on the last roll of a game ... WHAT A JOKE .. if you do not want me in your tourney , dont make up some bullpucky reason , just come out and say VIC i do not want you playing in my tourney as Cig did .

Enjoy your power trip .

vegasvic

Between us , this is where i could have used help my 5/1 blunder , NOT ON A LAST ROLL

Seriously are you for real ?

NIHILIST

I see Vic is still making new friends.

Bob
Robert J Ebbeler

vegasvic

Its just to funny for words . at least you helped me with the 6/4 in the live tourney so i can kick your behind :))

I mean for christ sake its the last roll there is no contact to be made , its roll a double or you lose and i lost , and she freakin say's i asked for help on the last roll :)) , yeah if i think there was a backgammon GOD , i would ask for the double from her or him , not pck ... as far as i know he does not yet
have to power to give me the double to win .

KDP

gotta side w/ vic on this one.  asking/hoping/wishing for a specific roll before it actually happens IS NOT the same as asking how to play a roll that has occurred.  sorry KMA you blew this one.

moonshadow

I have alerted Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton about this grave and obviously racially motivated violation of vic's civil rights.

NIHILIST

Vic is the perfect victim in this one so the two Revs will certainly take up the banner.

Bob
Robert J Ebbeler

vegasvic

I have no rights on FIBS. i just go with the flow and the petty BULLPUCKY !!

This one was a classic bob , i was watching resh play and he did not make his 5 11/5 6/1 and i said after that fact .. resh that will cost you not making that 5 .  guy goes and complains to Patti and Tom . that i am helping resh :) . come on everyone knows resh is beyond help . :))

NIHILIST

True, but we send them to college and hire them for jobs despite their lack of qualifications. It's called AFFIRMATIVE ACTION.

Bob
Robert J Ebbeler

socksey

So, jeeves, do you think what vic did was cheating?  I know you can't stand vic, but let's look at this realistically.  He was just making conversation.  Nothing more.  What say you, diane, do you think what vic said was cheating in any possible way?   I think it was a misunderstood by the TD and that is no crime, but it would be big of her to admit the mistake.

socksey

Let yourself be open and life will be easier. - Buddha

jeeves

Quote from: vegasvic on August 29, 2013, 03:53:56 AM
i was watching resh play and he did not make his 5 11/5 6/1 and i said after that fact .. resh that will cost you not making that 5 .  guy goes and complains to Patti and Tom . that i am helping resh :) . come on everyone knows resh is beyond help . :))

A clear case of mea culpa B)

socksey

I didn't expect a straight answer from you, jeeves.  This was the banning reason, "I was playing diddywhat and i needed a dbl to win and in kibitz i said "pck what do you think 44 or a 55 here ?"  I ask you again......do you think this was this cheating?  Get real.

socksey

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

vegasvic

Talking about packs ... seems the only pack comes out of the woods when i post is , jeeves, diane , moonshadow and capatainblankyblank .

Nice to see you all are alive and well .

If i wanted to have help it was very easy to go into tell with pck and ask him . what do you think pck  , am i going to roll the  55 or the 44 :)) .

Since you all were not there and to see diddywhat rolled a 2/1 to give me that one roll and pck and i both thought ok here is comes and we make a little joke see if we can call the roll .

Tail between my legs ? only tail that is between anyones legs is when i lay a beating on you on the backgammon board . when you ever manage to play  below er of -10 then maybe jeeves you should speak of this game . Until then trim that tail .

Patti

Don't tournaments have explicit rules against commenting on the game that's in progress (except in whisper)?

vegasvic

wishing for a 44 or a 55 off your server falls under that rule ?

On the last roll for christ sake , unless you are talking about me saying resh will pay dearly for not make his 5 way back .

Seems diddywhat had no issues or jpb .

Only people seem to have an issue are the usual suspects .

socksey

Quote from: Patti on August 30, 2013, 06:41:02 AM
Don't tournaments have explicit rules against commenting on the game that's in progress (except in whisper)?

Nothing explicit that I'm aware of between the players in a match.  Usually banter between the players is acceptable.  Watchers are allowed a greeting and then should whisper.  A player may blind or gag  a watcher at his option by your rule.  In this case we are discussing a player commenting about a possible future roll. 

I really liked the idea you had to only allow whispering by watchers as a built in code by you.  That would eliminate some of the problems we encounter during tournaments.  I think I remember you mentioned doing that somewhere here or in Fibs shouts a while back.

socksey

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong. ~ Mahatma Gandhi

diane

Quote from: socksey on August 30, 2013, 11:27:28 PM
I really liked the idea you had to only allow whispering by watchers as a built in code by you.  That would eliminate some of the problems we encounter during tournaments.  I think I remember you mentioned doing that somewhere here or in Fibs shouts a while back.

That sounds a good step forward!
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Tom

Quote from: Patti on August 30, 2013, 06:41:02 AM

Yes they do http://tourneybot.fibs.com/rules.html

Quote2. Opponents may not use any aids to evaluate moves, including coaching from a watcher directly or indirectly. PIP counts must be enabled.
3. Opponents have the right to play their match with no disruptions. Watchers should use the WHISPER command to comment. Use of KIBITZ or talking directly to the players is discouraged. Harassment or abuse of players or watchers in any form will not be tolerated.

The URL to the rules is given to each player at registration time.

These concepts have been in place for well over a year when socksey and I hammered them out with input from others as well.
It was a great step forward for tourney play to get them written down so concisely.

Tom