News:

VIP Donors can remain anonymous while still enjoying all the benefits.......

Main Menu

Any authors / expert users out there for BGOnline?

Started by diane, September 03, 2013, 10:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

A certain fibster has managed to add themselves to their own 'blocked' list, and cant work out how to undo it...does anyone have any suggestions??

It is causing all kinds of functional problems, and at this rate, they may need a new nick to get around it!!

Some extra info...

: This would normally be easy and is not the problem [selecting blocked and unblocking through there].  The problem is that my client does not allow me to select myself. 
: Any attempt to click on my own name brings up the (useful ) information "This is You" and none of the usual options.
: Which is why it was only because of fluke circumstances that I managed to "block" myself,
: I am not sure how to recreate the fluke circumstances.

Never give up on the things that make you smile

maria

I'm not an expert or author but have they tried logging in using a computer and a client where you CAN unblock yourself?
Or have someone else who they trust log in with their account?
Just a thought.

diane

I have made that suggestion, even before this issue  :) Javafibs being my recommendation of course  B)

Patti

"Block" is a client-side function, so the only way to fix it is to do it on that client.  There might be games that the user could play with logging on as someone else from their phone, but I don't know enough about it to be sure.

Of course, if they switched to a different client then the problem would completely disappear unless they also wanted to use the old client.

diane

The fibster is trying with javafibs, since they are playing from a mac, not a phone or iDevice...but struggling with the smaller board...BGOnline fills the screen. They know it is a client issue, well client and user  :laugh:

diane

The author came back with instructions to fix this - they will also work on the app so it wont allow the user to do this in the future  ;)

0) Quit BG Online

1) Locate the Terminal app and open it. You can open it e.g. via Spotlight or Launchpad

2) Paste the following line into the Terminal window and hit return:

defaults read com.multimedia-go.BackgammonOnline bannedUsers

3) This should show you the list of banned players. If you are the only one on the list or you don't care about resetting the list you can just enter the following line and hit return:

defaults delete com.multimedia-go.BackgammonOnline bannedUsers

If you do want to retain the other players in the list, enter the following line into the Terminal and hit return:

defaults write com.multimedia-go.BackgammonOnline bannedUsers -array player1, player2, ...

where player1, player2, ... are the names of the players you want to be blocked.

4) Quit Terminal.

5) Open BG Online. The list should be updated and your user name visible again.