News:

please ensure your email address is "up to date" in your fibsboard profile or personal messages won't get through -- thx
ps  you can set your email as non public

Main Menu

Game 7, move 8: Herd 1-1

Started by diane, October 10, 2013, 10:19:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Never give up on the things that make you smile

Zorba

Spoiler
That's a bit more ones than we can use, really!

Moving up the backman does not really help its escape and puts it under greater risk of getting attacked. So I'd like to stay on 24.
Moving our midpoint does not really seem to help us either; it makes it harder for the backman to reach safety and easier for Roderick to get a checker past it.
Moving the eightpoint gives up on blocking double fours, but blocks double threes instead. Slight minus there. Making the barpoint does remove the gap upfront for a mini-prime, which is usually a good thingTM.
Moving one or two spares off our loaded sixpoint to the fivepoint is very nice.

Adding it all up, it looks like 8/7(3) 6/5 is the move here.
[close]
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

diane

Well..this tied...so..I will open it for one more day, then pick my favourite choice if the deadlock isnt broken..
Never give up on the things that make you smile