News:

Please consider re-bookmarking your link to Fibsboard's Home page for a complete experience http://www.fibsboard.com

Main Menu

Game 7, move 17: Roderick 6-5

Started by diane, October 21, 2013, 08:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Never give up on the things that make you smile

Roderick

No time like the present.... I'll run.

If I don't I end up breaking my board and then even if I do hit herd it's almost worthless.  Plus if I don't run I'm wasting.

diane

sorry..I need a bit more...1 all the way, or both part way?

Roderick

Unfortunately, I meant run one all the way.   So, 21/10 it is.  And the first blunder I know I made this match - I may have made other but this is one for sure.

I didn't take enough time on this one - ugh, let that be a lesson to me.  Coming out with 2 is clear.  It dupes many of the hit and cover numbers (3 and 4) and makes it likely that I safety the next roll if I manage to not get hit.  Now I'll likely need to worry about leaving yet another shot even if I manage to not get hit.

Roderick

btw...  Typically "run" is one checker.  "Out" would have been both in this situation... And typically unless only one checker could have moved out.

diane

I was 98% sure you meant 1 checker all the way..but since gnu also picked that up as a blunder, I wanted to check...seeing the next roll now - either one would have been bad  ;)

Roderick

When I have a lot of time, like in a match like this, I'm less apt to make errors in general, especially careless ones, especially when I've been fortunate in getting rolls I mostly know how to play.  Blech!  But they happen.  Unfortunately, I've missed worse in live tournaments - only pre-tournaments so far, though.