News:

All new Fibsboard.com for 2011 --" your unofficial Forum for all fings FIBS."
New Membergroups, new boards including topical discussions, Campaigns, Culture and Gossip. Photo Galleries, Forum Backgammon vs Top Guest, and much much more.........faster and improved, with sas :)

Main Menu

Fibs League

Started by dorbel, December 22, 2013, 03:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dorbel

On the Fibsleagammon home page, Tomawaky (Franck del Rio) announces that he no longer has the time to devote to running the league. Ten years is enough he feels and who can blame him? I want to be the first to say how much pleasure I have had from the league and how much I have appreciated Franck's efforts and his many calm and wise decisions. It has been a great pleasure monsieur and thank you very much.
I wonder if anybody would be interested in taking it over, if indeed Franck is OK with that? It needs somebody with good site management skills and the ability to make thoughtful decisions. These criteria exclude me for sure, but anybody with suggestions or any enthusiastic volunteers, please step forward.

Thanks again Tomawaky, it has been fun.

stog

sad news indeed -- it has been very well set up, run and organised by Franck --and, if he hasn't anyone lined up -- i could host it here on our servers if Franck was ok with that (but i might just need a little help from him initially for smooth transition)

stiefnu

QuoteI want to be the first to say how much pleasure I have had from the league and how much I have appreciated Franck's efforts and his many calm and wise decisions. It has been a great pleasure monsieur and thank you very much.

Seconded. Thanks so much Franck, for all your hard work and devotion.

Steve

garp_02

Very sad news indeed. FLG has been the only thing that kept me here so long, and if it goes, I will be deeply saddened.

In tribute to Franck, it has been excellently run throughout the years I have been playing there. Franck has dealt with any disputes in a professional manner.

Sincere thanks for all your efforts mate.

Hopefully Franck will agree that some willing soul will take on board the running of the League.

Tom

I will contact him and see what he needs help with.

Does he need help with admin the league or hosting or all of it...

We should clearly keep this going!

Tom

socksey

Cheers to Tomawaky!   :veryhappy:  You've done a great job and indeed deserve a break.   :yes:

socksey

What you give you get, ten times over. ~ Yoruba Proverb

Schigolch

This is sad news indeed and the second big loss to the FIBS community within months after David's death that brought the end of the FIBS spring and autumn tournaments. I enjoyed the league a lot, and played every season since i joined. Had a lot of fun there.
Thanks, merci bien, Franck, on a eu beaucoup de plaisir en jouant dans la ligue au cours des ces années. Thanks for all the effort you've put into that project. However, I'd have appreciated if you could have notified us somewhat in advance so maybe some willing person could have taken over!
But I hope there's still this possibility left! I'd wish someone had the time and the devotion to continue the FIBS league.

roadkillbooks

Frank has been great.  Fibs league is a great and important pillar of the fibs and backgammon community.  I have greatly enjoyed participating.  I am willing to put time and effort into this.  I commend Stog for offering this space to possibly host.  I am very willing to take part as maybe a small committee. Bush Sucks has also expressed a willingness and has computer tech skills.  Hopefully we will be able to continue and have fibs league grow with new and enthusiastic energy.

roberto

roadkillbooks

Tom

I have contacted Franck asking if I could get a copy of the website and database.

He replied that he is VERY busy, I am hoping I can get something from him.

I will report back if I get anything from him.

Tom

KDP

QuoteHe replied that he is VERY busy,

seems to me hes not THAT busy as i saw him playing several matches yesterday on SHG.

Tom

Quote from: KDP on December 30, 2013, 12:13:59 PM
seems to me hes not THAT busy as i saw him playing several matches yesterday on SHG.
Ok well it is HIS time :)

I just received the files that make up the website, I will put them on my test server as soon as I can and see where we are.

I am feeling pretty good that FLG will be able to continue with only a minor interruption.

Tom

Tom

GREAT NEWS!!!
I have the web pages and database on my server!

It is going to take some time to get things working, like changing http://fibsleagammon.free.fr/ to something new
I am hoping to use flg.fibs.com much like I also have tourneybot.fibs.com pointing to my server.

More news as it develops (yes maybe that is a pun)

Tom

vegasvic

Great Job Tom .

Keep up the good work , and make the memorial tourney OPEN .  :thumbsup2:

Tom

Quote from: vegasvic on December 30, 2013, 05:52:41 PM
Great Job Tom .

Keep up the good work , and make the memorial tourney OPEN .  :thumbsup2:
Thanks!

The FIBS League (FLG) is a closed league, you have to be a member to play in the tourneys.

The Memorial tourney has nothing to do with FIBS League.

This smells a bit off topic :)

Tom

Julia_H

Huge thanks to Franck, FLG has been a great experience.

Tom, if you need any help with development give me a shout as well !

dorbel

As far as I am aware, the Memorial Tournament is open to all fibsters. Please, out of respect for our late fibsters, let's play it in a proper spirit.

Tom

I am making good progress getting the critical pages working.

I started with FLG (Gold->Bronze) and will look at masters next.

I also need to get with Franck and find out what maintenance needs to be done at Year end and switching sessions.

Hang in there I hope to get things moving very soon!

Tom

garp_02

Thanks for all your efforts, Tom.

It's much appreciated :)

Are you sure you're ready for all the forfeit requests etc etc?

Tom

Quote from: garp_02 on January 03, 2014, 12:55:58 PM
Are you sure you're ready for all the forfeit requests etc etc?

Hey Those can still go to Franck!  :eager:

I guess I'll find out how bad it is as a trial by fire!

I better make up a DIFFERENT email address! :kaffeepc:

Tom

sebalotek

Hi Tom,

Thanks for all your hard work on this, and thanks also to Franck for keeping the flag flying for all this time!

Just a quick question: will the results (promotions / demotions) of the end of the last session (ended Dec 30th 2013) be reflected when the next league season starts?

n.b. I must declare that I do have a vested interest - I worked really hard to get finally get into the Gold league next season :thumbsup:

Tom

Quote from: sebalotek on January 04, 2014, 08:44:39 AM
Just a quick question: will the results (promotions / demotions) of the end of the last session (ended Dec 30th 2013) be reflected when the next league season starts?

n.b. I must declare that I do have a vested interest - I worked really hard to get finally get into the Gold league next season :thumbsup:

You and me both!!!

I am hoping to have this updates done this weekend.

Tom

Schigolch

Hi
I'm looking foward to the results of your efforts Tom. I hope very much you'll succeed and we'll be able to go on with the league. Thanks so much!
Schigolch

Tom

I am very happy to report that the FLG League is now OPEN for matches!

I have not verified all the pages of the site, I just focused on the following:

Player Info: http://flg.fibs.com/player.php

View current matches with the typical link to POST/CONFIRM
http://flg.fibs.com/FLGleague.php?action=showleague&League=GoldA&Session=65

That includes BronzeA through MasterA and MasterB

Please let me know what pages need to be fixed next, I am not sure what other leagues are active.

Tom

stog

Julia_H

One thing that might need a quick fix - there are just two players in Silver C (who probably should be in Silver B to make it the same size as Silver A).

Other than that, a cracking job getting things up and running so quickly!

Tom

Quote from: Julia_H on January 06, 2014, 10:37:16 AM
One thing that might need a quick fix - there are just two players in Silver C (who probably should be in Silver B to make it the same size as Silver A).

Other than that, a cracking job getting things up and running so quickly!

THat I have to fix!

I have disabled the post page until I do (should be today)

Tom

Quote from: Tom on January 06, 2014, 12:02:08 PM
THat I have to fix!

I have disabled the post page until I do (should be today)

Ok all fixed. There were 14 in SilverA, 12 in SilverB and 2 in SilverC... The SilverC players should have been in SilverB

Tom

Schigolch

Kudos to Tom!
This is even better than a great job Tom. I rest in awe.
I plea Tom be awarded the FIBS League Eternal Hero Award. Jol, whaddya think?

I see one more thing, but this is a matter of organisation: Masters 2012 is still open. Those guys should have finished already in 2013, right?

The next thing is the exhibition matches. Those were a great thing introduced by Franck. We shoud try to get them going again. If I could be of any help with these, let me know. The Giants ballot is on its way right now, we'll have a new list during February.

Tom

There are problems with the send email page and maybe confirm, I will be checking that tonight.

I am not sure what the deal with the masters is.

I also want to get the FIBS TY TEN pages updated and try to get it finished!

tom

Tom

Quote from: Tom on January 07, 2014, 12:07:13 AM
There are problems with the send email page and maybe confirm, I will be checking that tonight.

I think the Post and Confirm pages work properly now.

PLEASE PLAY A MATCH AND Report HERE if there are any problems!

The email link is good too

TY TEN is next

tom

rebayona

Thanks Tom for taking over and keep this league runningand to Franck for his work on this all this years.

I see season 65 just started. Did you take forfeit claims from season 64 into account?

Thank you,
My nickname might sound girlie, but it is just my lastname, so please, stop flirting with me Romeos. It's awkard.

Tom

Quote from: rebayona on January 07, 2014, 01:48:42 PM
I see season 65 just started. Did you take forfeit claims from season 64 into account?

I did not have that information.

Historically I have not found the forfeit claim to give me many points...
Often I have found people will post a loss (forfeit) when requested...

Tom

magic_one

Thanks very much to Franck (Tomawaky) for running this league; and to Tom for its continuation; and again thanks to both for making the transition seem so easy (I know that it must take a lot of time)  - I really enjoy the structure of FibsLeaGammon (FLG) – It compensates for many of the minuses within FIBS, and seriously increases my enjoyment playing BackGammon.

Tom

You are all very welcome!

It seems right now I have an issue with the match confirm.

working on it

tom

Tom

Schigolch

Hi
the thing with masters is the best 12 of a year (this means 4 league seasons) play a knock out tourney (best of 3 matches goes to next round). All the details are here: http://fibsleagammon.free.fr/Masters.htm ("the twelve top-rated players on a unique League rating list will participate in a Masters tournament and the winner will become the best FIBS League player of the year ."). I see the ranking is gone, however, the 2012 bracket is still in place (http://fibsleagammon.free.fr/standing.php) with most of the quarter finals not played or not confirmed, the 2013 bracket has not begun.
The next thing is the exhibition matches, they're documented here: http://fibsleagammon.free.fr/Exhibition.htm. The best FIBS League player of the year plays a BG Giant.
Cheers!

dorbel

There are five seasons in a year (currently).
There are many features that Franck hasn't kept up in the last year, notably the history.

vegasvic

Schigolch

dorbel is right, of course. It's 5 seasons a year.

garp_02

Many thanks for taking this on board, Tom. It's much appreciated.

Although....there does seem to have been a strange promotion from Silver B to Gold A......Gabiblu? No offence.

But, I digress. Any progress on the 'claim forfeit' side of things? There is a player in my Division who, I believe, will not play me under any circumstances. I have requested to play through PM and also via e-mail, but I know it's not going to happen. I don't see why I should be denied at least a point, so would like to claim forfeit.

Contrary to your previous post, Tom, I have found that very few people are willing to voluntarily forfeit.

Tom

Quote from: garp_02 on January 13, 2014, 01:37:21 PM
Many thanks for taking this on board, Tom. It's much appreciated.

Although....there does seem to have been a strange promotion from Silver B to Gold A......Gabiblu? No offence.

But, I digress. Any progress on the 'claim forfeit' side of things? There is a player in my Division who, I believe, will not play me under any circumstances. I have requested to play through PM and also via e-mail, but I know it's not going to happen. I don't see why I should be denied at least a point, so would like to claim forfeit.

Contrary to your previous post, Tom, I have found that very few people are willing to voluntarily forfeit.

Yes I guess in THAT kind of situation they don't.

I do not understand why the promotion looks wrong. I worked with Franck's scripts to do it.

It is kind of hard to change now...

I will have to make sure things go better next session.

sorry
tom

garp_02

No worries mate. It was never going to be easy :)

rebayona

Quote from: Tom on January 07, 2014, 02:26:31 PM
I did not have that information.

Historically I have not found the forfeit claim to give me many points...
Often I have found people will post a loss (forfeit) when requested...

Tom

Forfeits works very well: if opponent doesn't reply any of your emails the you'll get a win. I guess it had to be done manually searching for emails with [FLG Claim forfeit] tag without replies on Franck's inbox... it was a tricky process (for both sides, and very time consuming for Franck) but it used to work very well. For example, in season 64 (GoldB) if I got that forfeit from the game Perfect_Celle never played, I would have been playing on masters right now. He only played two matches, and that loss over masselkopp gave him the points to be on masters right now. That's why (I'm guessing again) forfeit claims were introduced, to prevent this things from happening.

I know you can't do anything about it, but please take forfeit claims seriously for the forthcoming seasons. They do work and make justice.
My nickname might sound girlie, but it is just my lastname, so please, stop flirting with me Romeos. It's awkard.

jdg

Any updates on the Session 64 playoffs?

Tom

Quote from: rebayona on January 14, 2014, 05:58:30 PM
Forfeits works very well: if opponent doesn't reply any of your emails the you'll get a win. I guess it had to be done manually searching for emails with [FLG Claim forfeit] tag without replies on Franck's inbox... it was a tricky process (for both sides, and very time consuming for Franck) but it used to work very well. For example, in season 64 (GoldB) if I got that forfeit from the game Perfect_Celle never played, I would have been playing on masters right now. He only played two matches, and that loss over masselkopp gave him the points to be on masters right now. That's why (I'm guessing again) forfeit claims were introduced, to prevent this things from happening.

I know you can't do anything about it, but please take forfeit claims seriously for the forthcoming seasons. They do work and make justice.

I am sorry the claim forfeits got lost in Franck's email.

I will make sure I do receive those emails

Thank you all for being understanding in any errors between 64 and 65 as I get up to speed here

Tom

Tom

Quote from: jdg on January 14, 2014, 08:57:42 PM
Any updates on the Session 64 playoffs?

That is on my todo list... keep nagging me!

KissMyAss

".... keep nagging me"

I'm here..... careful what you wish for bossman!  :P
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."  -  Bilbo Baggins (at his 111th Birthday party)

dorbel

I'm particularly keen to see the season 64 playoffs updated as I won! If there is anything I can do to assist........

sebalotek

Quote from: Tom on January 15, 2014, 02:40:32 AM
That is on my todo list... keep nagging me!

Hi Tom, as we discussed through PM and email a couple of weeks ago, Benedict was incorrectly promoted to Gold B new Session 65 instead of me. I just checked the league and he has started playing Gold B matches now!!

Did you look at the screenshots with conflicting tables that I previously sent you? I didn't get a reply to my last message so am not sure if you managed to view them?

I've attached the conflicting screenshots again directly grabbed from season 64 on Franck's site, as well as yours.. please let me know if you cannot see them?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dqnd4b3e48xvrt0/FireShot%20Screen%20Capture%20%23034%20-%20%27FibsLeagGammon%20_%20Fibs%20Online%20Backgammon%20League%20and%20Tournament%20%3B-%29%27%20-%20fibsleagammon_free_fr_FLGleague_php_action%3Dshowleague%26League%3DSilverB%26Session%3D64.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gb203df79pvp8z8/FireShot%20Screen%20Capture%20%23035%20-%20%27FibsLeagGammon%20_%20Fibs%20Online%20Backgammon%20League%20and%20Tournament%20%3B-%29%27%20-%20flg_fibs_com_FLGleague_php_action%3Dshowleague%26League%3DSilverB%26Session%3D64.png

Please can you fix this when you have time? I worked really hard to get into the Gold leagues! 

Many thanks,

Sebalotek

Tom

As I said to you in private emails

I worked with Franck and used his scripts to make the changes, I do not understand how it made such a mistake, but unless I throw away the entire session and start over there is no way to fix it.

I am sorry I made a mistake and I will check it a lot better next session.

Play your matches and I am sure you will get back there.

Tom

dorbel

The reason that we have the league today is that Tom has picked up the pieces from Franck and done his best to bring order to chaos. Sorry sebalotek, it looks like you have suffered an injustice, but at least we still have a league. I hope that you enjoy it and have a good season!

garp_02

Would it be possible to promote sebalotek at the end of this session? That would seem a reasonably fair outcome.

Tom

Quote from: garp_02 on January 20, 2014, 01:15:17 PM
Would it be possible to promote sebalotek at the end of this session? That would seem a reasonably fair outcome.

That is something well worth considering!

I don't want to just say YES because I still want him to work for it!
The first time I made it to gold it was a very painful session, it was so bad I fell all the way to Bronze!

I will be fair, but if no matches get played I will not promote him!

I think that is fair!

Tom

garp_02

Quote from: Tom on January 20, 2014, 02:42:56 PM
I don't want to just say YES because I still want him to work for it!

No offence, Tom, because I appreciate the time you are putting into this, but the point is that sebalotek has already worked for it, and been in a position to be promoted. Through a glitch, this didn't happen. I am in the same Division as him and would rather he didn't play and was promoted, rather than play meaningless matches if he was going to be promoted anyway.

Tom

Quote from: garp_02 on January 20, 2014, 03:07:05 PM
No offence, Tom, because I appreciate the time you are putting into this, but the point is that sebalotek has already worked for it, and been in a position to be promoted. Through a glitch, this didn't happen. I am in the same Division as him and would rather he didn't play and was promoted, rather than play meaningless matches if he was going to be promoted anyway.

They are not meaningless.

It is not easy to stay in Gold, so it would be wise to play as many matches as possible to be better prepared.

Tom

sebalotek

Quote from: garp_02 on January 20, 2014, 03:07:05 PM..the point is that sebalotek has already worked for it, and been in a position to be promoted.

The same screenshots clearly showing the error were emailed to Tom (moulton.us) on the 8th Jan - two days after the 6th when the new league URL was posted on here..
When I got no response, I followed up with a PM via this site on the 11th Jan.

Tom replied on the 12th Jan:
"I worked with Tomawaky and used his scripts to do the session changes.
I have emailed him to ask for his help.
I will let you know what I find out"

I emailed Tom acknowledgement via PM that same day (12th Jan) that i would wait for his update (despite the conflicting screenshots clearly showing the mistake).

All of this was before any Gold B matches had been played for season 65.

After a full week of silence, I posted the screenshots for the 3rd time publicly (19th Jan) on this thread instead of email or PM in desperation to try and get the situation fixed. This action seems to have got a prompt response.

Tom we are indeed very grateful for your work in keeping the league alive, but this situation is totally unfair and should never have got to this point given that I even posted a heads-up about my promotion to the Gold leagues on the 4th Jan if you check in this same thread.

Please can you give clear instruction on what I need to do in order rectify this situation as soon as possible?
Do I have to play through another season in Silver to get automatically promoted whatever position I end up in?
Or can Benedict be demoted / banned immediately as I am pretty certain he knows himself that he did not qualify to be playing Gold league matches this season?

Thanks again

sebalotek

p.s. many thanks to Garp for the logic and reason.

Tom

I have already stated what I will do.

Maybe I should just drop the whole damn thing

I just looked at swapping places with you but I played a match and that may be messy.

I am sorry I F'ED UP

Just Play your matches in Silver and I will move you to Gold next Session
Hell I will drop to silver if that will make you happy

Just look at it from MY PERSPEVTIVE

I saw that Franck needed help, I realized that we should not allow the league play to stop so I
DROPPED EVERYTHING I was working on and got the site up.

Worked with him to port the database, I am human I made a few mistakes, I was not able to get any more
of his time, so I had to allow the session to run with the mistakes

He did not notice the mistake either

If I try to change the database I will likely mess it up for everyone.

Can we now move on? I have a few other things I need to get done.

Tom

sebalotek

Quote from: Tom on January 21, 2014, 08:29:54 PM
Hell I will drop to silver if that will make you happy

Thank you for clarifying what I need to do. It sounds like the best way to move forward at this point.

And regarding the following line in your reply, please don't worry about that right now.

Thanks again for your hard work and I hope you will not hold onto any bad feelings towards me.

sebalotek

sebalotek

Quote from: Tom on January 21, 2014, 08:29:54 PM

Hello Tom,

Silver B Session 65 has just finished - I played 8 matches and won 7 of them but despite these fairly good results I did not end up in the top 2

I played as many matches as I could - unfortunately I could not find all of my opponents to play online during the season length. 

Some players ignored my messages requesting to play or did not log in much. I was logging in and looking for them regularly.

Please will you confirm that I will now be promoted to Gold for session 66 as previously agreed?

Many thanks,

sebalotek

dorbel

The procedure for scheduling matches and requesting forfeits from those who don't respond is clearly laid down. Some players make a note of their unplayed matches about 5 weeks from the end of the season and make contact with them requesting a scheduled time. If there is no response within two weeks, they then request a forfeit from the TD. I have actually done this, always allowing that I will make every effort to play if possible. That covers all the bases. Note too that Tomawaky occasionally deviated from his own rules to make a decision which he felt was in the best interests of fairness, something that the best TDs always do.

sebalotek

Thanks for the information - although it doesn't actually address my question  :unsure:

stog

delicate one this one ;) -->

we have a situation in Gold A where a player has only played 1 match; this i think should also lead to auto forfeit for the remaining players.

(something that Franck has done in the past)

this will affect relegation status of both of us!! as Tom is the only player to play and beat the non player !!

Tom

Quote from: sebalotek on March 01, 2014, 11:25:56 AM
Thanks for the information - although it doesn't actually address my question  :unsure:

Please Get off my back, you are starting to see like a PITA to me.

I will look at the session and try to make the proper decisions but I will not stand for ANYONE getting all up in my face about what choices I make.

It is not hard to totally delete anyone from the session.

What pisses me off is that we did discuss this in emails and now you poke me in public.

This is to EVERYONE not just sebalotek

I am going to try my best to follow the WRITTEN RULES at http://flg.fibs.com/rules.htm

I will go through and find all the CORRECT and VALID Claim Forfeit emails, process them and start up session 66.
(I have received some emails from people who are SURE they earned a Forfeit that did not follow the rules properly)

I am going to tell you RIGHT NOW I will likely make a mistake or TWO!

I hope I can get some Tomawaky's to coach me a little more, but he has been VERY busy and not responsive to my emails.

I will do my best, I am sure you all know that.

Tom
Rookie TD of FLG League

Tom

Quote from: stog on March 01, 2014, 12:35:26 PM
delicate one this one ;) -->

we have a situation in Gold A where a player has only played 1 match; this i think should also lead to auto forfeit for the remaining players.

(something that Franck has done in the past)

this will affect relegation status of both of us!! as Tom is the only player to play and beat the non player !!

Well I do not see anything about that in the rules, but he will be dropped to Bronze as per the rules:

All players who play less than 3 matchs during the session without explanation will go 2 divisions down.

It's gonna be fun to try and figure out how to do THAT!

I am going to follow the rules as they have been posted for YEARS.

tom

stog

thx Tom

yes yours is a difficult task and i for one will support whatever decision you make

mant thx for taking over the onerous duties !

i have messaged the non player in our league thus

Quotehi

i wonder whether you would consider forfeiting your  unplayed 11 matches to the players you haven't played this season, as the season ends today and it will affect relegation if left as is ..

vested interest here!
i will be relegated ;)

trust u r about and can respond

regards

stog

Tom

Quote from: stog on March 01, 2014, 01:12:57 PM
thx Tom

yes yours is a difficult task and i for one will support whatever decision you make

mant thx for taking over the onerous duties !

i have messaged the non player in our league thus

Yes well the session closed on 2/28 and I was going to start looking at things today, I do not want the database changing under me.
This is going to be hard enough as it is!

tom

stog

yes those that played less than the required matches were relegated, and all the unplayed matches were then forfeited by Franck

this has occurred on several occasions in the past

Tom

Quote from: stog on March 01, 2014, 01:17:18 PM
yes those that played less than the required matches were relegated, and all the unplayed matches were then forfeited by Franck

this has occurred on several occasions in the past

I would ask Franck but I would not get a reply.

Can you (anyone) show me an example of this?

Did this happen to any of you guys?

I only have the written rules to go by at this point, so I need to see an example of this happening

tom

stog

there is a lot of admin for you this weekend, for this season-end, and having to work on all the leagues.

Many thx again from all of us, and good luck!

stog

re

QuoteI would ask Franck but I would not get a reply.

Can you (anyone) show me an example of this?

Did this happen to any of you guys?

I only have the written rules to go by at this point, so I need to see an example of this happening

yes ( but as the forfeits were done by Franck the matches only show as lost)

but if you look at some previous sessions at the bottom of the table, you will see some people who maybe have only 1 win or 0 and theirs is often because the forfeits were done by frank

here is one you can look up .. gold b session 61 - which involved me

if you look you will see Andreas having lost all matches, when in fact he had only forfeited to 5 people himself
so Franck forfeited the others at session end

here is the relevant email attached and the screenshot of the session

Tom

Thanks for the example, I will look things over and see what needs to be done.

I will do more work later, right now I have to get back to The Real World...

Where's the nearest Exit?

stog

stage right left ;)

garp_02

Does anyone else wish that FLG had just died a natural death, rather than being taken on by someone unsuitable, incapable and altogether nasty?

stog

no

and i think the only nastiness is in your post Garp

there are 7 or 8 leagues with perhaps 80 or more players who enjoy the  structure and timing of the league who would also disagree with you.

Tom has , as Franck had, a difficult task TD'ing at each season's end, and i for one am grateful that he has taken on this often onerous duty and the Leagues can continue

jeeves

Quote from: stog on March 01, 2014, 07:27:26 PM
no

and i think the only nastiness is in your post Garp

Hear hear!

Tom

I have session 66 created!

I will open it up for match reports tomorrow morning.

Tom
http://flg.fibs.com/FLGleague.php

diane

hehehehe..would you look at that..I'm now playing as a proper Australian  :cool:

Never give up on the things that make you smile

dorbel

Thanks Tom. I see that there are 11 in Gold A and 13 in Gold B, so if you want to change that, now is a good time!

Tom

Quote from: dorbel on March 03, 2014, 12:16:08 PM
Thanks Tom. I see that there are 11 in Gold A and 13 in Gold B, so if you want to change that, now is a good time!

I will fix in in the next hour or so....

I am going to automate this before the next session!
Right now it is an excel spreadsheet and copy  / paste database commands...

tom

Tom

The session is now open!

jdg

Tom,

Thanks for all the work.

Any word on the session 64 playoffs?  And then the 2013 championship rounds?  Has the 2012 championship died a natural death?

jdg

Tom

Quote from: jdg on March 03, 2014, 03:11:23 PM
Tom,

Thanks for all the work.

Any word on the session 64 playoffs?  And then the 2013 championship rounds?  Has the 2012 championship died a natural death?

jdg

Well I will have to look at that.

I saw that play off data was entered for session 65 and that earlier sessions (like 64 and 63) had those player names blank.

I will see what I can do to get those updates correctly.

Tom

stiefnu

Quotethere are 11 in Gold A and 13 in Gold B, so if you want to change that, now is a good time!

And only two in SilverC...

Steve

Tom

Quote from: stiefnu on March 03, 2014, 05:13:24 PM
And only two in SilverC...

Steve

Wow how did I miss that?

Fixed. I moved one to Silver A and one to B

I gotta write some code to help do this better and faster!

Tom

diane

So..there is your league, and you review the people you have to play. You see Cowgirl at the top of the list..and you sigh, because you know you are in for an arse kicking..

You comfort yourself with the fact that she is lovely, and you will have fun, and that is what the game is about...

She lives in a difficult timezone, so you schedule the match at a slightly inconvenient time for both - and off you go.

Your arse is duly kicked good and hard, but it was fun...

You go to report the match, and find the league changed a bit, when you weren't looking, and you didn't need to do it after all!! ARGHHHHH!!

Tom

Quote from: diane on March 09, 2014, 11:38:37 PM
So..there is your league, and you review the people you have to play. You see Cowgirl at the top of the list..and you sigh, because you know you are in for an arse kicking..
(snip)
You go to report the match, and find the league changed a bit, when you weren't looking, and you didn't need to do it after all!! ARGHHHHH!!

Diane,

I am so sorry, that was my fault (who else? wait could I blame Tomawaky? ... hummm nawwww)

I had to move cowgirl up when I fixed the SilverC players... I think it was to get the number of players even...

I really should have said something...

I have 6 weeks left to write some code to help with the updates for next session!

Forgive me?

Tom

cowgirl

Thanks Tom!  Diane and I never get a chance to play so it was kind of a blessing in disguise LOL! Thanks for all your hard work!  Next time, I'm sure Diane will kick my arse when it counts!

diane

Quote from: Tom on March 10, 2014, 11:42:05 AM
wait could I blame Tomawaky?

Forgive me?

Tom

LOL..nice try  ;)

This was of course all in good humour..it was a pleasure to play cowgirl, as always..she is correct - it has been too long [even if we were both in a bit of hurry!].

If someone else double checked their bracket after reading this and avoided playing a match they didn't need to, well that is just a bonus  ;)

KissMyAss

Quote from: Tom on March 10, 2014, 11:42:05 AM
Diane,

I am so sorry, that was my fault (who else? wait could I blame Tomawaky? ... hummm nawwww)
Tom

Um..... take off the "awaky" part and you can blame Tom all you like.  He can take it.  :)     
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."  -  Bilbo Baggins (at his 111th Birthday party)