News:

**VIP donor members can set up a profile gallery, only viewable by those on their buddy list ****

Main Menu

Fibs League

Started by dorbel, December 22, 2013, 03:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Quote from: sebalotek on January 04, 2014, 08:44:39 AM
Just a quick question: will the results (promotions / demotions) of the end of the last session (ended Dec 30th 2013) be reflected when the next league season starts?

n.b. I must declare that I do have a vested interest - I worked really hard to get finally get into the Gold league next season :thumbsup:

You and me both!!!

I am hoping to have this updates done this weekend.

Tom

Schigolch

Hi
I'm looking foward to the results of your efforts Tom. I hope very much you'll succeed and we'll be able to go on with the league. Thanks so much!
Schigolch

Tom

I am very happy to report that the FLG League is now OPEN for matches!

I have not verified all the pages of the site, I just focused on the following:

Player Info: http://flg.fibs.com/player.php

View current matches with the typical link to POST/CONFIRM
http://flg.fibs.com/FLGleague.php?action=showleague&League=GoldA&Session=65

That includes BronzeA through MasterA and MasterB

Please let me know what pages need to be fixed next, I am not sure what other leagues are active.

Tom

stog

Julia_H

One thing that might need a quick fix - there are just two players in Silver C (who probably should be in Silver B to make it the same size as Silver A).

Other than that, a cracking job getting things up and running so quickly!

Tom

Quote from: Julia_H on January 06, 2014, 10:37:16 AM
One thing that might need a quick fix - there are just two players in Silver C (who probably should be in Silver B to make it the same size as Silver A).

Other than that, a cracking job getting things up and running so quickly!

THat I have to fix!

I have disabled the post page until I do (should be today)

Tom

Quote from: Tom on January 06, 2014, 12:02:08 PM
THat I have to fix!

I have disabled the post page until I do (should be today)

Ok all fixed. There were 14 in SilverA, 12 in SilverB and 2 in SilverC... The SilverC players should have been in SilverB

Tom

Schigolch

Kudos to Tom!
This is even better than a great job Tom. I rest in awe.
I plea Tom be awarded the FIBS League Eternal Hero Award. Jol, whaddya think?

I see one more thing, but this is a matter of organisation: Masters 2012 is still open. Those guys should have finished already in 2013, right?

The next thing is the exhibition matches. Those were a great thing introduced by Franck. We shoud try to get them going again. If I could be of any help with these, let me know. The Giants ballot is on its way right now, we'll have a new list during February.

Tom

There are problems with the send email page and maybe confirm, I will be checking that tonight.

I am not sure what the deal with the masters is.

I also want to get the FIBS TY TEN pages updated and try to get it finished!

tom

Tom

Quote from: Tom on January 07, 2014, 12:07:13 AM
There are problems with the send email page and maybe confirm, I will be checking that tonight.

I think the Post and Confirm pages work properly now.

PLEASE PLAY A MATCH AND Report HERE if there are any problems!

The email link is good too

TY TEN is next

tom

rebayona

Thanks Tom for taking over and keep this league runningand to Franck for his work on this all this years.

I see season 65 just started. Did you take forfeit claims from season 64 into account?

Thank you,
My nickname might sound girlie, but it is just my lastname, so please, stop flirting with me Romeos. It's awkard.

Tom

Quote from: rebayona on January 07, 2014, 01:48:42 PM
I see season 65 just started. Did you take forfeit claims from season 64 into account?

I did not have that information.

Historically I have not found the forfeit claim to give me many points...
Often I have found people will post a loss (forfeit) when requested...

Tom

magic_one

Thanks very much to Franck (Tomawaky) for running this league; and to Tom for its continuation; and again thanks to both for making the transition seem so easy (I know that it must take a lot of time)  - I really enjoy the structure of FibsLeaGammon (FLG) – It compensates for many of the minuses within FIBS, and seriously increases my enjoyment playing BackGammon.

Tom

You are all very welcome!

It seems right now I have an issue with the match confirm.

working on it

tom

Tom

Schigolch

Hi
the thing with masters is the best 12 of a year (this means 4 league seasons) play a knock out tourney (best of 3 matches goes to next round). All the details are here: http://fibsleagammon.free.fr/Masters.htm ("the twelve top-rated players on a unique League rating list will participate in a Masters tournament and the winner will become the best FIBS League player of the year ."). I see the ranking is gone, however, the 2012 bracket is still in place (http://fibsleagammon.free.fr/standing.php) with most of the quarter finals not played or not confirmed, the 2013 bracket has not begun.
The next thing is the exhibition matches, they're documented here: http://fibsleagammon.free.fr/Exhibition.htm. The best FIBS League player of the year plays a BG Giant.
Cheers!

dorbel

There are five seasons in a year (currently).
There are many features that Franck hasn't kept up in the last year, notably the history.

vegasvic

Schigolch

dorbel is right, of course. It's 5 seasons a year.

garp_02

Many thanks for taking this on board, Tom. It's much appreciated.

Although....there does seem to have been a strange promotion from Silver B to Gold A......Gabiblu? No offence.

But, I digress. Any progress on the 'claim forfeit' side of things? There is a player in my Division who, I believe, will not play me under any circumstances. I have requested to play through PM and also via e-mail, but I know it's not going to happen. I don't see why I should be denied at least a point, so would like to claim forfeit.

Contrary to your previous post, Tom, I have found that very few people are willing to voluntarily forfeit.