News:

(**folks need to register to be able to see Fibsboard Forum Match diagrams and vote.** )

Main Menu

Fibs League

Started by dorbel, December 22, 2013, 03:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Quote from: garp_02 on January 13, 2014, 01:37:21 PM
Many thanks for taking this on board, Tom. It's much appreciated.

Although....there does seem to have been a strange promotion from Silver B to Gold A......Gabiblu? No offence.

But, I digress. Any progress on the 'claim forfeit' side of things? There is a player in my Division who, I believe, will not play me under any circumstances. I have requested to play through PM and also via e-mail, but I know it's not going to happen. I don't see why I should be denied at least a point, so would like to claim forfeit.

Contrary to your previous post, Tom, I have found that very few people are willing to voluntarily forfeit.

Yes I guess in THAT kind of situation they don't.

I do not understand why the promotion looks wrong. I worked with Franck's scripts to do it.

It is kind of hard to change now...

I will have to make sure things go better next session.

sorry
tom

garp_02

No worries mate. It was never going to be easy :)

rebayona

Quote from: Tom on January 07, 2014, 02:26:31 PM
I did not have that information.

Historically I have not found the forfeit claim to give me many points...
Often I have found people will post a loss (forfeit) when requested...

Tom

Forfeits works very well: if opponent doesn't reply any of your emails the you'll get a win. I guess it had to be done manually searching for emails with [FLG Claim forfeit] tag without replies on Franck's inbox... it was a tricky process (for both sides, and very time consuming for Franck) but it used to work very well. For example, in season 64 (GoldB) if I got that forfeit from the game Perfect_Celle never played, I would have been playing on masters right now. He only played two matches, and that loss over masselkopp gave him the points to be on masters right now. That's why (I'm guessing again) forfeit claims were introduced, to prevent this things from happening.

I know you can't do anything about it, but please take forfeit claims seriously for the forthcoming seasons. They do work and make justice.
My nickname might sound girlie, but it is just my lastname, so please, stop flirting with me Romeos. It's awkard.

jdg

Any updates on the Session 64 playoffs?

Tom

Quote from: rebayona on January 14, 2014, 05:58:30 PM
Forfeits works very well: if opponent doesn't reply any of your emails the you'll get a win. I guess it had to be done manually searching for emails with [FLG Claim forfeit] tag without replies on Franck's inbox... it was a tricky process (for both sides, and very time consuming for Franck) but it used to work very well. For example, in season 64 (GoldB) if I got that forfeit from the game Perfect_Celle never played, I would have been playing on masters right now. He only played two matches, and that loss over masselkopp gave him the points to be on masters right now. That's why (I'm guessing again) forfeit claims were introduced, to prevent this things from happening.

I know you can't do anything about it, but please take forfeit claims seriously for the forthcoming seasons. They do work and make justice.

I am sorry the claim forfeits got lost in Franck's email.

I will make sure I do receive those emails

Thank you all for being understanding in any errors between 64 and 65 as I get up to speed here

Tom

Tom

Quote from: jdg on January 14, 2014, 08:57:42 PM
Any updates on the Session 64 playoffs?

That is on my todo list... keep nagging me!

KissMyAss

".... keep nagging me"

I'm here..... careful what you wish for bossman!  :P
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."  -  Bilbo Baggins (at his 111th Birthday party)

dorbel

I'm particularly keen to see the season 64 playoffs updated as I won! If there is anything I can do to assist........

sebalotek

Quote from: Tom on January 15, 2014, 02:40:32 AM
That is on my todo list... keep nagging me!

Hi Tom, as we discussed through PM and email a couple of weeks ago, Benedict was incorrectly promoted to Gold B new Session 65 instead of me. I just checked the league and he has started playing Gold B matches now!!

Did you look at the screenshots with conflicting tables that I previously sent you? I didn't get a reply to my last message so am not sure if you managed to view them?

I've attached the conflicting screenshots again directly grabbed from season 64 on Franck's site, as well as yours.. please let me know if you cannot see them?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dqnd4b3e48xvrt0/FireShot%20Screen%20Capture%20%23034%20-%20%27FibsLeagGammon%20_%20Fibs%20Online%20Backgammon%20League%20and%20Tournament%20%3B-%29%27%20-%20fibsleagammon_free_fr_FLGleague_php_action%3Dshowleague%26League%3DSilverB%26Session%3D64.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gb203df79pvp8z8/FireShot%20Screen%20Capture%20%23035%20-%20%27FibsLeagGammon%20_%20Fibs%20Online%20Backgammon%20League%20and%20Tournament%20%3B-%29%27%20-%20flg_fibs_com_FLGleague_php_action%3Dshowleague%26League%3DSilverB%26Session%3D64.png

Please can you fix this when you have time? I worked really hard to get into the Gold leagues! 

Many thanks,

Sebalotek

Tom

As I said to you in private emails

I worked with Franck and used his scripts to make the changes, I do not understand how it made such a mistake, but unless I throw away the entire session and start over there is no way to fix it.

I am sorry I made a mistake and I will check it a lot better next session.

Play your matches and I am sure you will get back there.

Tom

dorbel

The reason that we have the league today is that Tom has picked up the pieces from Franck and done his best to bring order to chaos. Sorry sebalotek, it looks like you have suffered an injustice, but at least we still have a league. I hope that you enjoy it and have a good season!

garp_02

Would it be possible to promote sebalotek at the end of this session? That would seem a reasonably fair outcome.

Tom

Quote from: garp_02 on January 20, 2014, 01:15:17 PM
Would it be possible to promote sebalotek at the end of this session? That would seem a reasonably fair outcome.

That is something well worth considering!

I don't want to just say YES because I still want him to work for it!
The first time I made it to gold it was a very painful session, it was so bad I fell all the way to Bronze!

I will be fair, but if no matches get played I will not promote him!

I think that is fair!

Tom

garp_02

Quote from: Tom on January 20, 2014, 02:42:56 PM
I don't want to just say YES because I still want him to work for it!

No offence, Tom, because I appreciate the time you are putting into this, but the point is that sebalotek has already worked for it, and been in a position to be promoted. Through a glitch, this didn't happen. I am in the same Division as him and would rather he didn't play and was promoted, rather than play meaningless matches if he was going to be promoted anyway.

Tom

Quote from: garp_02 on January 20, 2014, 03:07:05 PM
No offence, Tom, because I appreciate the time you are putting into this, but the point is that sebalotek has already worked for it, and been in a position to be promoted. Through a glitch, this didn't happen. I am in the same Division as him and would rather he didn't play and was promoted, rather than play meaningless matches if he was going to be promoted anyway.

They are not meaningless.

It is not easy to stay in Gold, so it would be wise to play as many matches as possible to be better prepared.

Tom

sebalotek

Quote from: garp_02 on January 20, 2014, 03:07:05 PM..the point is that sebalotek has already worked for it, and been in a position to be promoted.

The same screenshots clearly showing the error were emailed to Tom (moulton.us) on the 8th Jan - two days after the 6th when the new league URL was posted on here..
When I got no response, I followed up with a PM via this site on the 11th Jan.

Tom replied on the 12th Jan:
"I worked with Tomawaky and used his scripts to do the session changes.
I have emailed him to ask for his help.
I will let you know what I find out"

I emailed Tom acknowledgement via PM that same day (12th Jan) that i would wait for his update (despite the conflicting screenshots clearly showing the mistake).

All of this was before any Gold B matches had been played for season 65.

After a full week of silence, I posted the screenshots for the 3rd time publicly (19th Jan) on this thread instead of email or PM in desperation to try and get the situation fixed. This action seems to have got a prompt response.

Tom we are indeed very grateful for your work in keeping the league alive, but this situation is totally unfair and should never have got to this point given that I even posted a heads-up about my promotion to the Gold leagues on the 4th Jan if you check in this same thread.

Please can you give clear instruction on what I need to do in order rectify this situation as soon as possible?
Do I have to play through another season in Silver to get automatically promoted whatever position I end up in?
Or can Benedict be demoted / banned immediately as I am pretty certain he knows himself that he did not qualify to be playing Gold league matches this season?

Thanks again

sebalotek

p.s. many thanks to Garp for the logic and reason.

Tom

I have already stated what I will do.

Maybe I should just drop the whole damn thing

I just looked at swapping places with you but I played a match and that may be messy.

I am sorry I F'ED UP

Just Play your matches in Silver and I will move you to Gold next Session
Hell I will drop to silver if that will make you happy

Just look at it from MY PERSPEVTIVE

I saw that Franck needed help, I realized that we should not allow the league play to stop so I
DROPPED EVERYTHING I was working on and got the site up.

Worked with him to port the database, I am human I made a few mistakes, I was not able to get any more
of his time, so I had to allow the session to run with the mistakes

He did not notice the mistake either

If I try to change the database I will likely mess it up for everyone.

Can we now move on? I have a few other things I need to get done.

Tom

sebalotek

Quote from: Tom on January 21, 2014, 08:29:54 PM
Hell I will drop to silver if that will make you happy

Thank you for clarifying what I need to do. It sounds like the best way to move forward at this point.

And regarding the following line in your reply, please don't worry about that right now.

Thanks again for your hard work and I hope you will not hold onto any bad feelings towards me.

sebalotek

sebalotek

Quote from: Tom on January 21, 2014, 08:29:54 PM

Hello Tom,

Silver B Session 65 has just finished - I played 8 matches and won 7 of them but despite these fairly good results I did not end up in the top 2

I played as many matches as I could - unfortunately I could not find all of my opponents to play online during the season length. 

Some players ignored my messages requesting to play or did not log in much. I was logging in and looking for them regularly.

Please will you confirm that I will now be promoted to Gold for session 66 as previously agreed?

Many thanks,

sebalotek

dorbel

The procedure for scheduling matches and requesting forfeits from those who don't respond is clearly laid down. Some players make a note of their unplayed matches about 5 weeks from the end of the season and make contact with them requesting a scheduled time. If there is no response within two weeks, they then request a forfeit from the TD. I have actually done this, always allowing that I will make every effort to play if possible. That covers all the bases. Note too that Tomawaky occasionally deviated from his own rules to make a decision which he felt was in the best interests of fairness, something that the best TDs always do.