News:

Try the New Recent Posts Link available above Recent Topics on the Front Page

Main Menu

Fibs League

Started by dorbel, December 22, 2013, 03:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebalotek

Thanks for the information - although it doesn't actually address my question  :unsure:

stog

delicate one this one ;) -->

we have a situation in Gold A where a player has only played 1 match; this i think should also lead to auto forfeit for the remaining players.

(something that Franck has done in the past)

this will affect relegation status of both of us!! as Tom is the only player to play and beat the non player !!

Tom

Quote from: sebalotek on March 01, 2014, 11:25:56 AM
Thanks for the information - although it doesn't actually address my question  :unsure:

Please Get off my back, you are starting to see like a PITA to me.

I will look at the session and try to make the proper decisions but I will not stand for ANYONE getting all up in my face about what choices I make.

It is not hard to totally delete anyone from the session.

What pisses me off is that we did discuss this in emails and now you poke me in public.

This is to EVERYONE not just sebalotek

I am going to try my best to follow the WRITTEN RULES at http://flg.fibs.com/rules.htm

I will go through and find all the CORRECT and VALID Claim Forfeit emails, process them and start up session 66.
(I have received some emails from people who are SURE they earned a Forfeit that did not follow the rules properly)

I am going to tell you RIGHT NOW I will likely make a mistake or TWO!

I hope I can get some Tomawaky's to coach me a little more, but he has been VERY busy and not responsive to my emails.

I will do my best, I am sure you all know that.

Tom
Rookie TD of FLG League

Tom

Quote from: stog on March 01, 2014, 12:35:26 PM
delicate one this one ;) -->

we have a situation in Gold A where a player has only played 1 match; this i think should also lead to auto forfeit for the remaining players.

(something that Franck has done in the past)

this will affect relegation status of both of us!! as Tom is the only player to play and beat the non player !!

Well I do not see anything about that in the rules, but he will be dropped to Bronze as per the rules:

All players who play less than 3 matchs during the session without explanation will go 2 divisions down.

It's gonna be fun to try and figure out how to do THAT!

I am going to follow the rules as they have been posted for YEARS.

tom

stog

thx Tom

yes yours is a difficult task and i for one will support whatever decision you make

mant thx for taking over the onerous duties !

i have messaged the non player in our league thus

Quotehi

i wonder whether you would consider forfeiting your  unplayed 11 matches to the players you haven't played this season, as the season ends today and it will affect relegation if left as is ..

vested interest here!
i will be relegated ;)

trust u r about and can respond

regards

stog

Tom

Quote from: stog on March 01, 2014, 01:12:57 PM
thx Tom

yes yours is a difficult task and i for one will support whatever decision you make

mant thx for taking over the onerous duties !

i have messaged the non player in our league thus

Yes well the session closed on 2/28 and I was going to start looking at things today, I do not want the database changing under me.
This is going to be hard enough as it is!

tom

stog

yes those that played less than the required matches were relegated, and all the unplayed matches were then forfeited by Franck

this has occurred on several occasions in the past

Tom

Quote from: stog on March 01, 2014, 01:17:18 PM
yes those that played less than the required matches were relegated, and all the unplayed matches were then forfeited by Franck

this has occurred on several occasions in the past

I would ask Franck but I would not get a reply.

Can you (anyone) show me an example of this?

Did this happen to any of you guys?

I only have the written rules to go by at this point, so I need to see an example of this happening

tom

stog

there is a lot of admin for you this weekend, for this season-end, and having to work on all the leagues.

Many thx again from all of us, and good luck!

stog

re

QuoteI would ask Franck but I would not get a reply.

Can you (anyone) show me an example of this?

Did this happen to any of you guys?

I only have the written rules to go by at this point, so I need to see an example of this happening

yes ( but as the forfeits were done by Franck the matches only show as lost)

but if you look at some previous sessions at the bottom of the table, you will see some people who maybe have only 1 win or 0 and theirs is often because the forfeits were done by frank

here is one you can look up .. gold b session 61 - which involved me

if you look you will see Andreas having lost all matches, when in fact he had only forfeited to 5 people himself
so Franck forfeited the others at session end

here is the relevant email attached and the screenshot of the session

Tom

Thanks for the example, I will look things over and see what needs to be done.

I will do more work later, right now I have to get back to The Real World...

Where's the nearest Exit?

stog

stage right left ;)

garp_02

Does anyone else wish that FLG had just died a natural death, rather than being taken on by someone unsuitable, incapable and altogether nasty?

stog

no

and i think the only nastiness is in your post Garp

there are 7 or 8 leagues with perhaps 80 or more players who enjoy the  structure and timing of the league who would also disagree with you.

Tom has , as Franck had, a difficult task TD'ing at each season's end, and i for one am grateful that he has taken on this often onerous duty and the Leagues can continue

jeeves

Quote from: stog on March 01, 2014, 07:27:26 PM
no

and i think the only nastiness is in your post Garp

Hear hear!

Tom

I have session 66 created!

I will open it up for match reports tomorrow morning.

Tom
http://flg.fibs.com/FLGleague.php

diane

hehehehe..would you look at that..I'm now playing as a proper Australian  :cool:

Never give up on the things that make you smile

dorbel

Thanks Tom. I see that there are 11 in Gold A and 13 in Gold B, so if you want to change that, now is a good time!

Tom

Quote from: dorbel on March 03, 2014, 12:16:08 PM
Thanks Tom. I see that there are 11 in Gold A and 13 in Gold B, so if you want to change that, now is a good time!

I will fix in in the next hour or so....

I am going to automate this before the next session!
Right now it is an excel spreadsheet and copy  / paste database commands...

tom

Tom

The session is now open!