News:

VIP Donor members can now edit photo galleries and utilise an extended Custom Profile with buddy lists. Join them - for the price of a beer!

Main Menu

Erasing old Complaints

Started by truxtun, January 16, 2014, 10:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

truxtun

Hello, I'm trying to clean the slate.

Is there an easy way to keep all my vouches and drop all the complaints?

Thanks - and yes I'm a newbie, but not to fibs - just the board!!!

Appreciate the help!

Brad (truxtun)

socksey

I believe you are asking about Rebot vouches and complaints which has nothing to do with Fibsboard except as a conversation to be had about Rebot which is bot residing on FIBS.  Nothing can be removed by you.  Complaints can only be removed by the complainer.  You can find your complainers and vouchers by commanding "tell repbot list".  For other commands, "tell repbot help".  This section has extensive conversation (forum/Repbot) re: everything to do about Repbot.

Using Repbot to ask about a player before you accept a match will give you an idea if the player is a dropper or not until you learn who is and who isn't.  Generally speaking, those who play the tourneys can be trusted.  Pay attention to how many complainers a person has with rebot and you won't usually go wrong.

If you have as many as 5 saved games, you are unable to invite a new match.  Saved games expire in 7-10 days unless they completed. 

Welcome to FIBS.  Be patient, you will learn everything eventually.

socksey

You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Jack Kornfield

dorbel

QuoteRebot, which is a FIBS bot.

Actually RepBot and it isn't a Fibs bot, as Patti will tell you if asked. Asking is not recommended!

QuoteNothing can be removed by you

Yes it can. You can remove your own complaints and vouches, but obviously not those made about you by others. I believe the command is t repbot withdraw username.

QuoteComplaints expire in 7-10 days unless they are removed by the maker.

No they don't.

socksey

Quote from: dorbel on January 17, 2014, 10:11:56 AM
Actually RepBot and it isn't a Fibs bot, as Patti will tell you if asked. Asking is not recommended!

Yes it can. You can remove your own complaints and vouches, but obviously not those made about you by others. I believe the command is t repbot withdraw username.

No they don't.

Thank you, dorbel, for always pointing out my faux pas so diligently not only in shouts, but now also here.  :) 

Perhaps I should have said, Repbot functions on FIBS and has nothing to do with Fibsboard.  To find out the owner of any bot and their email addy, the command is "whois <bot name>".

Perhaps I should have said, you cannot remove complaints made by others against you, which is what I think the newbie referred to.

Perhaps I should have said, saved games (sometimes resulting in a complaint) that prevent you from playing, numbering 5, cannot be removed by you but will expire in 7 to 10 days.

Please hang me from the highest tree for misspeaking.   :thumbsup2:

socksey

O great creator of being grant us one more hour to perform our art and perfect our lives. - Jim Morrison

ah_clem

Quote from: dorbel on January 17, 2014, 10:11:56 AM
You can remove your own complaints and vouches, but obviously not those made about you by others. I believe the command is t repbot withdraw username.

the command is: tell RepBot withdraw [username]

But what's an ell among friends?

mattblackmatt

No ell. Can't be that time of year already.

AllanM

At the risk of turning this into a thread for pedants, the tell command can be abbreviated to just t (without the 'kin 'ell).

Zorba

And for the time being, RepBotNG can be abbreviated to just rep: t rep
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

paulie

Quote from: socksey on January 17, 2014, 12:25:02 AM
  Complaints expire in 7-10 days unless they are removed by the maker.  You can find your complainers and vouchers by commanding "tell repbot list".  For other commands, "tell repbot help".  This section has extensive conversation (forum/Repbot) re: everything to do about Repbot.

socksey

I did a t rep list on myself and it listed a complainant that I last played Dec. 22.  I thought they dropped off after 7-10 days?
I try to avoid experience; most experience is bad.   -Wilde

maria

Quote from: paulie on January 19, 2014, 01:57:07 AM
I did a t rep list on myself and it listed a complainant that I last played Dec. 22.  I thought they dropped off after 7-10 days?

paulie, you are confusing complaints with saved games.
Saved games disappear after 7 to 10 days.
But complaints made by others against you never go away UNLESS the person who made the complaint withdraws it.

paulie

Quote from: maria on January 19, 2014, 10:30:01 AM
paulie, you are confusing complaints with saved games.
Saved games disappear after 7 to 10 days.
But complaints made by others against you never go away UNLESS the person who made the complaint withdraws it.

Read the quote from Socksey.  I guess she just made a boo-boo.
I try to avoid experience; most experience is bad.   -Wilde

socksey

Yes, I often make mistakes as everyone does.   ;)  My original post has been corrected.  To my credit, when I do make a mistake, I am always willing to admit it and correct it.   :thumbsup2:

socksey

There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting. - Buddha

truxtun

Thanks to all.  I knew I could remove a complaint, but I believe only if the other player was online @ fibs?

I will try a few and see if I can clean some up with them being absent.

Either way, thank you all for the help!

truxtun

socksey

Quote from: truxtun on January 21, 2014, 10:18:10 PM
Thanks to all.  I knew I could remove a complaint, but I believe only if the other player was online @ fibs?

I will try a few and see if I can clean some up with them being absent.

Either way, thank you all for the help!

truxtun

My fault for the confusion......a complaint can only be removed by the complainer.  The way to get around the complaints is to ask everyone you play to vouch for you and before you know it, you'll have a great reputation and you won't need to worry about the complaints.  You might even ask the persons who complained about you as to why and if you can do anything to change their mind so that they may remove the complaint.  A complaint can be removed by the complainer at any time. 

A saved game, on the other hand, :thumbsup: does expire in a matter of days and the saved games are the ones that prevent you from inviting new matches if you reach 5 saved games. 

socksey

This year will go down in history.  For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration.  Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future! - Adolph Hitler, 1935

Tom

So clarify, if I complained about you and I wish to now VOUCH I will need to do two things

1) WITHDRAW my complaint
2) VOUCH for you

But I am not sure you really have a problem, I just checked

QuoteTom: ask truxtun
RepBotNG: truxtun's reputation is 397373 (GOOD)

Your reputation is just fine.

Tom

vegasvic

You 'll need a <blankin> life .

Seriously  who cares what your score is on repbot , patti has said its the worst thing to happen to fibs and has caused the most work for her .

I dont know why she just does not do away with it .  It has ZERO use .