News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2011 cheers! ..thx godwinson, webrunner, stog, spielberg*, hartkegirl, KissMyAss*, ettu*,  jackdaddy*, diane, caleb, sixty_something*, Zorba*, aviator, Tom*, anonymous*, roygbiv*, r_monk *

Main Menu

Tourney Of Champions Tourneys

Started by KissMyAss, January 30, 2014, 11:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KissMyAss

Here'e where you will find the list of TOC Tourneys, start times, and the list of players who are allowed to register for each one. 

Tourneybot should send you a tell upon log in to fibs as to which tourneys you are eligible to register for, but in case you missed them, here's the information summarised for you. 

I have compiled this list straight from Tourneybot information, and edited it to remove repeat information such as tourneybot rules. 

*********************************************************************************************************************

TAMPA TOC

TourneyBot says: |7578: [single] Tampa Tourney 2013 Tournament of Champions Starts Sun Feb 2nd| |Directors: Tom| |Status: Signing up!|
TourneyBot says: Min players: 4 Max players: 32 Registered players: 7 (25 spots left)
TourneyBot says: Match length: 3 Match length finals: 5
TourneyBot says: Player Seeding: Random
TourneyBot says: Tourney Start Time 02/03/14     02:00:08
TourneyBot says: Allowed Players: jimbok vegas_vic diane mrjoe michaelpat hoboken kofa fl_nano pollemanden guitartornado brazilsdk cervix socksey truckergirl monse linus bundarama cosborne wildthing odinallfather delmargent charlie retief zenmaster_flash phunktor zackf moonshadow jrb_genesis scotty kdp fyzzyx manxcat
TourneyBot says: Player Clock  00:07  timed out players will forefit

*******************************************************************************************************************

KIWI TOC

TourneyBot says: |7579: [single] Kiwi Klassic 2013 Tournament of Champions Starts Tue Feb 4th||Directors: Tom| |Status: Signing up!|
TourneyBot says: Min players: 4 Max players: 32 Registered players: 7 (25 spots left)
TourneyBot says: Tourney Start Time 02/04/14     13:00:09
TourneyBot says: Allowed Players: vegas_vic pollemanden jools diane masterjedi bundarama jeeves grrr kdp stevef resh demonofhavoc caiman iknowitall allanm dorbel pj_reitinger cigale kissmyass ferenczm strongbow subkontinent brazilsdk hoboken avvocatolaser jeanpaul inim koch boop qizwiz haydn_seek inatizz

*******************************************************************************************************************

AUSSIE TOURNEY

TourneyBot says: |7580: [single] Aussie Tourney 2013 Tournament of Champions Starts Wed Feb 5th||Directors: Tom| |Status: Signing up!|
TourneyBot says: Min players: 4 Max players: 32 Registered players: 5 (27 spots left)
TourneyBot says: Tourney Start Time 02/05/14     09:00:09
TourneyBot says: Allowed Players: diane bundarama dorbel cigale pollemanden jools demonofhavoc fl_nano brazilsdk jeeves olimar inim resh socksey iknowitall kobzero charlie jeanpaul realrevekka aladinbp caiman diddywhat pj_reitinger ferenczm allanm humanbot blue_orchid maneschi cgmbet clay aakjaer grapeape

********************************************************************************************************************

WORK CAN WAIT TOC

TourneyBot says: |7581: [single] Work Can Wait 2013 Tournament of Champions Starts Mon Feb 3rd||Directors: Tom| |Status: Signing up!|
TourneyBot says: Min players: 4 Max players: 32 Registered players: 5 (27 spots left)
TourneyBot says: Tourney Start Time 02/03/14         19:30:09
TourneyBot says: Allowed Players: vegas_vic pollemanden jeeves rif_raf jeanpaul demonofhavoc yoyo dorbel subkontinent brazilsdk resh cosborne aviator kobzero olimar charlie kedo socksey macmom realrevekka zenmaster_flash naughtyandnice pif hoboken scottsalisbury miccimalou wildthing yavork

********************************************************************************************************************

SUNDAY SESSION TOC

TourneyBot says: |7582: [single] Bloody Mary Sunday Session 2013 Tournament of Champions Starts Sun Feb 9th||Directors: Tom| |Status: Signing up!|
TourneyBot says: Min players: 4 Max players: 32 Registered players: 4 (28 spots left)
TourneyBot says: Tourney Start Time 02/09/14     16:30:09
TourneyBot says: Allowed Players: vegas_vic austin jonprud socksey cigale nofear resh brazilsdk wifi guitartornado pollemanden saukriver marylu im_not_gimmeluck jeeves kobzero kdp macmom inim michaelpat bine rebayona odinallfather caiman cloxo damma koch spok pif snapdragon phunktor

THREE/FIVE TOC

TourneyBot says: |7583: [single] Three/Five 2013 Tournament of Champions Starts Thur Feb 6th| |Directors: Tom| |Status: Signing up!|
TourneyBot says: Min players: 4 Max players: 32 Registered players: 8 (24 spots left)
TourneyBot says: Tourney Start Time 02/06/14     17:00:09
TourneyBot says: Allowed Players: vegas_vic cigale pollemanden dorbel parese zackf resh aviator tom guitartornado jeeves socksey allanm rebayona demonofhavoc inim yoyo kdp bine hoboken kofa cosborne burton brazilsdk sixtie millennium linus jpb davidf iknowitall avvocatolaser ncd

F3/MINIS TOC

TourneyBot says: |7584: [single] F3/Mini 2013 Tournament of Champions Starts Fri Feb 7th| |Directors: Tom| |Status: Signing up!|
TourneyBot says: Min players: 4 Max players: 32 Registered players: 2 (30 spots left)
TourneyBot says: Tourney Start Time 02/07/14     17:30:09
TourneyBot says: Allowed Players: vegas_vic cigale pollemanden socksey aviator zbilbo resh dorbel kobzero nofear inim rossa davidf jeeves diane allanm brazilsdk realrevekka michaelpat rif_raf zackf burton subkontinent guitartornado inatizz parese rebayona caiman olimar toado bine tjraczko

If you see your name on the "allowed players" list for any given tourney, please take note of the tourney number.  If there is more than one tourney you qualify for, perhaps opening a notepad or using pen and paper to note each appropriate tourney number would be helpful.

Then log in to FIBS and register for the appropriate tourneys in the usual way.

There has been some confusion as to the TOC start times.   As best I understand it, looking at the start times listed in the information, the TOC replaces the normal tourney.  For example, on that date listed above, the Kiwi Klassic TOC will run at the normal time for the Kiwi Klassic tourney.   Only those "allowed players" listed for the Kiwi TOC will be able to register (if they haven't already done so previously) and play on that particular day.  All other interested parties are invited to watch matches if they desire, keeping in mind the rules of no kibitz chat or disturbing TOC players.   
Normal Kiwi Klassic tourney for all players will resume the next day.   

Hopefully this post will clear the confusion out there, and double hopefully there's nothing I've accidentally left out. 

I look forward to seeing you all in the TOC matches. 

NB:   Those with multiple nicknames qualifying for the same tourney will have to discuss what to do about that situation, with Tom.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."  -  Bilbo Baggins (at his 111th Birthday party)

Tom

I did not know there was any confusion.

It is very simple, if you are able to play any of the tourneys then the bot will tell you when you log in that you can register.

Once registered it will stop nagging you.

Then when we are within 72 hours of the start time of one of them you will be reminded of the start time so you don't forget.
(It was a shame we had so many timeouts in round 1 last year, this may help)

I am going to move the TAMPA TOC to Wednesday Feb 5th, since it is currently scheduled for Super Bowl Sunday.

If anyone has any questions I would hope they would direct them to me!

Tom

jeeves

It's ok Tom, you can relax. Your more-than-amply-endowed assistant has got it covered.  B)

Tom

Quote from: jeeves on January 30, 2014, 07:56:48 PM
It's ok Tom, you can relax. Your more-than-amply-endowed assistant has got it covered.  B)

LOL

One question I did get...

Yes they will all run in the normal time slot as the live tourney they are the TOC for.

The winners will then be able to play in the Player of the year TOC which will be a Multi-day tourney.

tom

diane

Quote from: Tom on January 30, 2014, 12:42:49 PM

I am going to move the TAMPA TOC to Wednesday Feb 5th, since it is currently scheduled for Super Bowl Sunday.
Tom

I registered for this one, as I could make that first date - I cant do Wednesday [I'm at work when it runs]...Is there no way to run this on a Friday night? I love this event, it is one of my most attended tourneys, and I would love to be in the final for it  :unhappy:
Never give up on the things that make you smile

KDP

i would love to see all the playoff tourney's multi day events.  i realize it might take longer to complete the playoff for the player of the year, but having it a multi day event, you probably would get more folks to participate.  i qualified for 3 or 4 or the playoffs but probably will only be able to actually play in one as i only have one day off during the week.

Tom

Quote from: diane on January 31, 2014, 08:09:38 AM
I registered for this one, as I could make that first date - I cant do Wednesday [I'm at work when it runs]...Is there no way to run this on a Friday night? I love this event, it is one of my most attended tourneys, and I would love to be in the final for it  :unhappy:

I will ask the other players that have registered already, I am sure it will me ok.

tom

Tom

Quote from: KDP on January 31, 2014, 11:34:23 AM
i would love to see all the playoff tourney's multi day events.  i realize it might take longer to complete the playoff for the player of the year, but having it a multi day event, you probably would get more folks to participate.  i qualified for 3 or 4 or the playoffs but probably will only be able to actually play in one as i only have one day off during the week.

I am working on being able to do that.

The problem is that TourneyBot uses the match reports from FIBS (toggle reports) to update the brackets.

As it stands right now if You and I are paired in more than one tourney with the same match length then when we finish one match it will update them all.

If we had a few multi-day tourneys running that situation could be more likely (with 8 tourneys running with many players in common).

That is why these were run live last year, I forgot to fix the bot so this year we are doing the same.

I do have a plan on how to make the bot handle it better and am going to work on that ASAP.

Once that is done we are going to run more TOCs throughout the year.

Tom

Tom

The Tampa TOC has been moved to Friday Feb 7th at 9PM EST

Tom

jeeves

Just wanted to say thank you Tom for all the time and effort you have put into this event again, especially with other commitments such as FLG in recent times - not to mention dealing with that thing called life  :laugh:

It should be an exciting week or so ahead, and I'm sure that at the end of it we will see another worthy winner  ;)

Thanks Tom  :yes:

garp_02

vegasvic

What i do not understand it this ........ one plays all year and has the most points over all and if he or she has one bad week in the play off , all his or her effort goes for naught .

I think you should have a play off and the winner of this play off should play the point leader a 21 game match for the Title .

See who really is the luckbag or the better player .

just sayin . Who on earth thinks Jeeves was the best player in 2012 over all ?  :nr1:

Just because he lucked out one week out of 52  weeks .

KDP

l

dorbel

One of the delights of backgammon is that the strongest player rarely wins the tournament. This vagary keeps us all coming back for more, because every dog will have his day. Applause for jeeves, who won the tournament fair and square in a sportsmanlike fashion. Politeness and respect for one's opponents is, in my view, a great deal more important than anything else in this game.

vegasvic

Well you are so right as always . but i recall i was not the person  calling lower rated players "fenceposts" .
Maybe respect means something different in England or Spain . but in my world that is not respectful.

dorbel

I was not that person either. All players who play the game in a true spirit deserve equal respect.

vegasvic

We all know it was shouted by you but anyway its very nice that you are not that person anymore .

Nice to see something can change .

magic_one

:unsure:  Thanks for the initial post.  Otherwise, I would never have known that I am not at all an allowed participant.  Exactly how does an individual become allowed?  TourneyBot says: You must first join the League.  What league?  Join?   :ohmy:

Epitaxi

Quote from: magic_one on February 04, 2014, 07:11:18 PM
:unsure:  Thanks for the initial post.  Otherwise, I would never have known that I am not at all an allowed participant.  Exactly how does an individual become allowed?  TourneyBot says: You must first join the League.  What league?  Join?   :ohmy:

You had to win lets say a Kiwi tournament during 2013 to be able to participate in this years TOC.

vegasvic

Winning one might not be enough , i think Tom said you have to be top 32 player of any given tourney , i thought the same and joined a few aussie tourneys thinking winning one would do the job , seems not ,

Tom

Quote from: vegasvic on February 05, 2014, 03:35:21 AM
Winning one might not be enough , i think Tom said you have to be top 32 player of any given tourney , i thought the same and joined a few aussie tourneys thinking winning one would do the job , seems not ,

Across the course of a year some tourneys can have > 100 winners, I do not think we want to sit through a 128 player bracket!

Not to mention have to wait an entire year to play...

I am working on some ideas and bot changes to be able to support  monthly and/or quarterly TOC's

This will allow a player that wins one tourney to play a TOC.

I am just looking at ways to make it fit within out current set of tourneys.

Tom

garp_02

Can anyone who still has outstanding matches in other tourneys be barred from this silly little one?

Tom

Quote from: garp_02 on February 05, 2014, 12:58:41 PM
Can anyone who still has outstanding matches in other tourneys be barred from this silly little one?

I am not sure what you are asking.

Besides you are not in any of the TOC tourneys.

tom

dorbel

As the years roll by and the Annual Tournament of Champions grows in stature, can I suggest that when the time for the grand play-offs arrives, that former champions, jeeves in this instance, might be automatically entered? This is done in other sports and games, notably some golf tournaments and some tenpin tournaments. it would promote continuity and interest I think.

Tom

Quote from: dorbel on February 06, 2014, 12:22:44 PM
As the years roll by and the Annual Tournament of Champions grows in stature, can I suggest that when the time for the grand play-offs arrives, that former champions, jeeves in this instance, might be automatically entered? This is done in other sports and games, notably some golf tournaments and some tenpin tournaments. it would promote continuity and interest I think.

Way to throw Jeeves under the bus!

Calling Jeeves the former champion already!  :laugh4:

Seriously, that is a very good idea!

Tom

vegasvic

i think dorbel is close but misses the point , winning one week play off is no where near as wining the TPR for the year.
What should happen as a reward is the player that wins the year TPR should get a free pass on all the play off tourneys .

Winning one week out of 53 means jack diddly ....  but i will add it does add top the DRAMA and you know how much i love DRAMA !!

Tom what Garp is asking is  about my match with him on fibsleague he thinks the world evolves around his navel and his one  match with me .

Garp i will get to my match with you when this is finished , just hold on to your horses .

Seriously what does it get you to support tourneys and play 52 weeks and win ? NOTHING

but you luck out and get one good week everyone is kissing your feet like you are jesus walked on water .

Tom

Quote from: vegasvic on February 06, 2014, 01:23:24 PM
i think dorbel is close but misses the point , winning one week play off is no where near as wining the TPR for the year.
What should happen as a reward is the player that wins the year TPR should get a free pass on all the play off tourneys .

Vic if I remember correctly Jeeves DID win the whole thing last year...

tom

diane

<----never kissed jeeves' feet, honestly... :blink:
Never give up on the things that make you smile

garp_02

Quote from: vegasvic on February 06, 2014, 01:23:24 PM

Tom what Garp is asking is  about my match with him on fibsleague he thinks the world evolves around his navel and his one  match with me .

I think, Victor, that it is your good self who thinks the world (r)evolves around his navel. I don't really give a sh!t whether you play me in FLG.

What I was actually referring to, was players in the FibstyTen Tourney (ongoing for some considerable time) who had outstanding matches :)

Tom

Quote from: garp_02 on February 07, 2014, 11:20:16 AM
What I was actually referring to, was players in the FibstyTen Tourney (ongoing for some considerable time) who had outstanding matches :)

Well THAT is a totally DIFFERENT topic... I will have to catch up on that tourney and see who needs to be nagged to play...

dorbel

vegasvic

Ok Garp sorry .. just go read dorbel web pages and get ready for our match , see you when this playoffs are over .

Sorry tom i thought it was hoboken that won the over all TPR . not sure i was not involved in the tourneys 2012 .

Joined in 2013 just could not stomach  the outcome from 2012 :))

Garp you are so right  ,i do have a very deep and nice NAVEL :)

garp_02

My forfeit request has been sent, Vic.

Maybe we can play next session :)

vegasvic

Garp this is not the place to settle FLG issues . but i must say what is your hurry? we have until end of the month.

Tom

The 2013 Player of the Year finals will be set up and played after the BAGO Top 32 TOC is completed.

It is running as a challonge http://challonge.com/bagolympic_2013_playoff

Tom

jeeves

Quote from: vegasvic on February 03, 2014, 02:31:33 PM
all his or her effort goes for naught .

So it does!  B)

Quote from: vegasvic on February 03, 2014, 02:31:33 PMI think you should have a play off and the winner of this play off should play the point leader a 21 game match for the Title .

And now I see why you keep pushing for this.........you appear to have forgotten to win one of the seven tournaments that you registered for.  How careless.  If this wasn't just a game of dice, somebody might accuse you of choking  ;)

jeeves

I see that the Bago TOC play-off is now 2/3 complete, not long now until the Grand Final I hope.  :)

jeeves

....but no games played in the last 3 days!   :(

Tom

Quote from: jeeves on February 24, 2014, 07:36:56 AM
....but no games played in the last 3 days!   :(

I have talked to LuckyDice and he expects to have this finished up in about a week.

tom

jeeves

Quote from: Tom on February 24, 2014, 12:11:49 PM
I have talked to LuckyDice and he expects to have this finished up in about a week.

tom

Another week has now passed  :wacko:
At least 3 weeks to go at the current rate of progress  :(

socksey

jeeves, please cool your jets.  It will be done when it's done.

socksey

I never think of the future. It comes soon enough. - Albert Einstein

Tom

Quote from: jeeves on March 03, 2014, 09:39:15 AM
Another week has now passed  :wacko:
At least 3 weeks to go at the current rate of progress  :(

We only have 6 matches to go, we still could be done by the end of the week.

Tom

dorbel

I think jeeves is making the point, admittedly with about as much subtlety as a flying mallet, that just like last year 7 of the 8 TOC finalists are decided in a week and then we all wait for a month or two while the Bago section sorts itself out. This defuses all the excitement and interest more than somewhat and is a shame. There isn't any reason why the Bago couldn't be done in one day like all the others is there?

Tom

We are looking at sine other changes as well.

Like why only have one TOC per year?

More on that later, let's get 2013 finished first!  :)

jeeves

Quote from: dorbel on March 03, 2014, 12:51:33 PM
admittedly with about as much subtlety as a flying mallet

How very dare you  :ohmy:  And to think I'm on my best behaviour  :lol:
;)

Tom

Ok now, be honest, secretly you hope the final never runs, you don't want to lose your player of the year status!!!

jeeves

Oh Tom, if only you knew the weight that I carry  :giggle:

It will be such a release to pass it on to another worthy winner  :veryhappy:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

jeeves

Regarding the Bago segment of the TOC.....it's done.....in fact it's positively crispy around the edges   :laugh:

Now for the main event  :eager:

Good luck to all the finalists  :thumbsup2:

Tom

Quote from: jeeves on March 08, 2014, 09:55:26 PM
Regarding the Bago segment of the TOC.....it's done.....in fact it's positively crispy around the edges   :laugh:

Now for the main event  :eager:

Good luck to all the finalists  :thumbsup2:

Yes!!!!

We should have the finals set up by Monday!

You are so excited about it, one would think you were playing!

Tom

pipcat

I didn't find many information about played TOC tourneys, and the results in fibs.challonge.com are usually incomplete with this tournament, so I've done a simple web page that compiles the historical results of the tournament:

https://pip.cat/fibs/toc.php

If someone have more information about some missing months, please contact me so we can complete it.