News:

Subscribe to Fibsboard for just £5 a year - get a special badge! VIP Articles and Links and much more..ensure our future and earn real kudos with your friends and enemies alike! http://www.fibsboard.com/donate.php

Main Menu

Tourney Of Champions Tourneys

Started by KissMyAss, January 30, 2014, 11:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Quote from: vegasvic on February 05, 2014, 03:35:21 AM
Winning one might not be enough , i think Tom said you have to be top 32 player of any given tourney , i thought the same and joined a few aussie tourneys thinking winning one would do the job , seems not ,

Across the course of a year some tourneys can have > 100 winners, I do not think we want to sit through a 128 player bracket!

Not to mention have to wait an entire year to play...

I am working on some ideas and bot changes to be able to support  monthly and/or quarterly TOC's

This will allow a player that wins one tourney to play a TOC.

I am just looking at ways to make it fit within out current set of tourneys.

Tom

garp_02

Can anyone who still has outstanding matches in other tourneys be barred from this silly little one?

Tom

Quote from: garp_02 on February 05, 2014, 12:58:41 PM
Can anyone who still has outstanding matches in other tourneys be barred from this silly little one?

I am not sure what you are asking.

Besides you are not in any of the TOC tourneys.

tom

dorbel

As the years roll by and the Annual Tournament of Champions grows in stature, can I suggest that when the time for the grand play-offs arrives, that former champions, jeeves in this instance, might be automatically entered? This is done in other sports and games, notably some golf tournaments and some tenpin tournaments. it would promote continuity and interest I think.

Tom

Quote from: dorbel on February 06, 2014, 12:22:44 PM
As the years roll by and the Annual Tournament of Champions grows in stature, can I suggest that when the time for the grand play-offs arrives, that former champions, jeeves in this instance, might be automatically entered? This is done in other sports and games, notably some golf tournaments and some tenpin tournaments. it would promote continuity and interest I think.

Way to throw Jeeves under the bus!

Calling Jeeves the former champion already!  :laugh4:

Seriously, that is a very good idea!

Tom

vegasvic

i think dorbel is close but misses the point , winning one week play off is no where near as wining the TPR for the year.
What should happen as a reward is the player that wins the year TPR should get a free pass on all the play off tourneys .

Winning one week out of 53 means jack diddly ....  but i will add it does add top the DRAMA and you know how much i love DRAMA !!

Tom what Garp is asking is  about my match with him on fibsleague he thinks the world evolves around his navel and his one  match with me .

Garp i will get to my match with you when this is finished , just hold on to your horses .

Seriously what does it get you to support tourneys and play 52 weeks and win ? NOTHING

but you luck out and get one good week everyone is kissing your feet like you are jesus walked on water .

Tom

Quote from: vegasvic on February 06, 2014, 01:23:24 PM
i think dorbel is close but misses the point , winning one week play off is no where near as wining the TPR for the year.
What should happen as a reward is the player that wins the year TPR should get a free pass on all the play off tourneys .

Vic if I remember correctly Jeeves DID win the whole thing last year...

tom

diane

<----never kissed jeeves' feet, honestly... :blink:
Never give up on the things that make you smile

garp_02

Quote from: vegasvic on February 06, 2014, 01:23:24 PM

Tom what Garp is asking is  about my match with him on fibsleague he thinks the world evolves around his navel and his one  match with me .

I think, Victor, that it is your good self who thinks the world (r)evolves around his navel. I don't really give a sh!t whether you play me in FLG.

What I was actually referring to, was players in the FibstyTen Tourney (ongoing for some considerable time) who had outstanding matches :)

Tom

Quote from: garp_02 on February 07, 2014, 11:20:16 AM
What I was actually referring to, was players in the FibstyTen Tourney (ongoing for some considerable time) who had outstanding matches :)

Well THAT is a totally DIFFERENT topic... I will have to catch up on that tourney and see who needs to be nagged to play...

dorbel

vegasvic

Ok Garp sorry .. just go read dorbel web pages and get ready for our match , see you when this playoffs are over .

Sorry tom i thought it was hoboken that won the over all TPR . not sure i was not involved in the tourneys 2012 .

Joined in 2013 just could not stomach  the outcome from 2012 :))

Garp you are so right  ,i do have a very deep and nice NAVEL :)

garp_02

My forfeit request has been sent, Vic.

Maybe we can play next session :)

vegasvic

Garp this is not the place to settle FLG issues . but i must say what is your hurry? we have until end of the month.

Tom

The 2013 Player of the Year finals will be set up and played after the BAGO Top 32 TOC is completed.

It is running as a challonge http://challonge.com/bagolympic_2013_playoff

Tom

jeeves

Quote from: vegasvic on February 03, 2014, 02:31:33 PM
all his or her effort goes for naught .

So it does!  B)

Quote from: vegasvic on February 03, 2014, 02:31:33 PMI think you should have a play off and the winner of this play off should play the point leader a 21 game match for the Title .

And now I see why you keep pushing for this.........you appear to have forgotten to win one of the seven tournaments that you registered for.  How careless.  If this wasn't just a game of dice, somebody might accuse you of choking  ;)

jeeves

I see that the Bago TOC play-off is now 2/3 complete, not long now until the Grand Final I hope.  :)

jeeves

....but no games played in the last 3 days!   :(

Tom

Quote from: jeeves on February 24, 2014, 07:36:56 AM
....but no games played in the last 3 days!   :(

I have talked to LuckyDice and he expects to have this finished up in about a week.

tom

jeeves

Quote from: Tom on February 24, 2014, 12:11:49 PM
I have talked to LuckyDice and he expects to have this finished up in about a week.

tom

Another week has now passed  :wacko:
At least 3 weeks to go at the current rate of progress  :(