Tigergammon Tourney info

Started by stog, February 23, 2014, 10:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stog

i have changed the Fibsboard Forum Category Leagues and Tourneys to Fibs Leagues and Tourneys

i have added this child board called Tigergammon Tourneys to Tigergammon (in Category other fibs like backgammon servers)  and have moved the 2 Tiger tourney topics previously posted in the Fibs Other Tourneys board to this child board

Please post Tiger tourney posting here from now on

to see the Categories Boards and child boards in their entirety see http://www.fibsboard.com/forum/

or click the picture on the Fibsboard Front Page

to read what Fibsboard is and isn't, please visit http://www.fibsboard.com/index.php?page=9

vegasvic

Stog ,

would it be possiable to have diane not moderate tigergammon section ?
We do not want the have her get her hands dirty :)

jeeves

Quote from: vegasvic on February 23, 2014, 02:50:41 PM
Stog ,

would it be possiable to have diane not moderate tigergammon section ?
We do not want the have her get her hands dirty :)

And therein lies the problem, the "them and us" mentality that will never die.  Perhaps a case for the kindest cut?

stog

it is up to you all to moderate yourselves

think before you post
re read

edit/modify if necessary then re read

Zorba

Fortunately, this negative "us and them" mentality is not very widespread. Most backgammon players will just pick whatever is good for them, appreciate the best of both worlds even.

As a real internet backgammon enthousiast I think one might be happy with a new, free and actively developed server that works with most existing FIBS clients. I certainly am, and I'd like to thank Andreas, creator of Tigergammon, for all his work making this possible.
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

sorrytigger

Quote from: Zorba on February 23, 2014, 03:11:55 PM
[...]

As a real internet backgammon enthousiast I think one might be happy with a new, free and actively developed server that works with most existing FIBS clients. I certainly am, and I'd like to thank Andreas, creator of Tigergammon, for all his work making this possible.

Thanks, Zorba, and ... you're welcome :)

Andreas

vegasvic

Andreas thank you for all the hard work you have put into tigergammon .
QuoteAnd therein lies the problem, the "them and us" mentality that will never die.  Perhaps a case for the kindest cut?
its only in your own head , we welcome everyone even fenceposts players .

diane

Quote from: vegasvic on February 23, 2014, 02:50:41 PMwould it be possiable to have diane not moderate tigergammon section ?

Does this mean the tigergammon contingent feel they will not even be able to post tournament results in a non offensive way???
Never give up on the things that make you smile

jeeves

Quote from: diane on February 24, 2014, 12:58:35 AM
Does this mean the tigergammon contingent feel they will not even be able to post tournament results in a non offensive way???

I can see it now....

Congratulations to the winner xxxxxxx (what a xxxx)
and well done to runner-up xxxxx_xx (I can't believe he missed that blot in the final game, played like an absolute xxxxxxx)

....another week for the luckbags!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Self edit:  Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

zbilbo

Quote from: diane on February 24, 2014, 12:58:35 AM

If I choose to feel offended by this post what options do I have?

Will I get lepracy when I wake up tomorrow?

What is offensive to some might not be offensive to others.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b48_1305790944

Thx to stog for handling forums etc. for Tigergammon!

vegasvic