News:

Remember if you wish to share a pic or a story, with just a selected few, use the new extended profile with custom buddy list http://www.fibsboard.com/announcements/new-ultimate-profile-a-biopicdocumentsounds-area-that-can-only-be-seen-by-b/

Main Menu

Support for JavaFibs

Started by paulie, March 02, 2014, 06:00:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Quote from: paulie on March 11, 2014, 07:37:40 PM
I'm using version 1.012

Me too, and I don't see the checker issue. I use the blue and white board designed by Alef..not sure if that is relevant.

Have you had a conversation with inim? - he really understands the issue, and will be able to answer questions more fully.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Tom

I am talking to Peter about making a release to addressee the biggest issues.

I am hopeful we can make it happen.

Tin

KissMyAss

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."  -  Bilbo Baggins (at his 111th Birthday party)

paulie

Just realized another thing about JavaFibs that is annoying to me.  The moves are instant.  Complicated doubles by my opponent are instantly made and I find myself often going to the text to see what happened.  It also happens on the first move.  Is there any way to slow it down? (Fibszilla provides a speed adjustment.  You can make it as fast or slow as you please.)  w/r/t board usage: I am using a vector board which is resizeable.  If I used a non-vector board, would the checker problem go away?  Those boards are pretty small.
I try to avoid experience; most experience is bad.   -Wilde

paulie

Quote from: diane on March 11, 2014, 09:11:57 PM
Me too, and I don't see the checker issue. I use the blue and white board designed by Alef..not sure if that is relevant.

Have you had a conversation with inim? - he really understands the issue, and will be able to answer questions more fully.

What is the board designed by Alef?  I see no reference to that in the Boards... menu.

ah_clem

Quote from: paulie on March 27, 2014, 04:40:23 AM
Just realized another thing about JavaFibs that is annoying to me.  The moves are instant.  Complicated doubles by my opponent are instantly made and I find myself often going to the text to see what happened.  It also happens on the first move.  Is there any way to slow it down? (Fibszilla provides a speed adjustment.  You can make it as fast or slow as you please.)

JavaFibs does not provide animated checkers like gnu, XG, 3DFibs, Fibzilla, et al.   The screen goes right from the previous position to the next position.

I don't have a problem with this since you should be making your decisions on where the checkers are, rather than where they were a moment ago.  But some people really like animated checkers, and  Fibzilla is probably the client for them.

paulie

Quote from: paulie on March 27, 2014, 04:41:53 AM
What is the board designed by Alef?  I see no reference to that in the Boards... menu.

Again, Diane, what is the board designed by Alef that you  refer to?  Where is it found?

paulie

Quote from: paulie on March 31, 2014, 01:44:46 AM
Again, Diane, what is the board designed by Alef that you  refer to?  Where is it found?

Nevermind.  Finding the non-vectored boards too small, I took the "wood" board and doubled it in size.  The size is now very nice.  I will use it tonight to see if the checker issue goes away with a non-vectored board.

diane

Quote from: paulie on March 31, 2014, 01:44:46 AM
Again, Diane, what is the board designed by Alef that you  refer to?  Where is it found?

Sorry, havent been here in a while..

some custom boards are here:

http://www.fibsboard.com/javafibs/custom-boards/

Alefs board is here:

http://www.fibsboard.com/javafibs/new-boards/

FYI..I had the instance of a checker disappearing on me the other day. It is the only time, and I knew it was really there, so it didnt cause me too much trouble. I guess it will depend on how frequently that happens, and how much you recall the location of your men as to how big a deal it will be.

paulie

Quote from: diane on April 01, 2014, 02:26:55 AM
Sorry, havent been here in a while..

some custom boards are here:

http://www.fibsboard.com/javafibs/custom-boards/

Alefs board is here:

http://www.fibsboard.com/javafibs/new-boards/

FYI..I had the instance of a checker disappearing on me the other day. It is the only time, and I knew it was really there, so it didnt cause me too much trouble. I guess it will depend on how frequently that happens, and how much you recall the location of your men as to how big a deal it will be.

Alefs board is very attractive but a little small for my taste.  I might just modify it to make it a little bigger.  The double-sized wood board is almost too big... and I'm not crazy about the colors of the checkers.  I'll probably mess with them both.  With the tourneybot debable last night, I can't even remember if I had a checker disappear while using the double_wood board.

paulie

Quote from: paulie on April 01, 2014, 08:14:38 PM
Alefs board is very attractive but a little small for my taste.  I might just modify it to make it a little bigger.  The double-sized wood board is almost too big... and I'm not crazy about the colors of the checkers.  I'll probably mess with them both.  With the tourneybot debable last night, I can't even remember if I had a checker disappear while using the double_wood board.

Ok, I've created an Alef board about 1.4 times as big.  I'll try it in tonight's Tampa tourney.

paulie

Quote from: paulie on April 02, 2014, 01:34:30 AM
Ok, I've created an Alef board about 1.4 times as big.  I'll try it in tonight's Tampa tourney.

Played all night with this board. Not one checker mishap!

diane

paulie

I have uploaded a zip-file containing the larger version of Alef's design.  I put it in the thread where Alef created his board.  Thought that was the logical spot for it.