News:

All new Fibsboard.com for 2011 --" your unofficial Forum for all fings FIBS."
New Membergroups, new boards including topical discussions, Campaigns, Culture and Gossip. Photo Galleries, Forum Backgammon vs Top Guest, and much much more.........faster and improved, with sas :)

Main Menu

Fibsboard Forum Match 18 Game 2 Move 6 Herd to move

Started by stiefnu, March 18, 2014, 12:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiefnu

After juanz re-entered with 32, the Herd has rolled 22. There are a lot of possibilities here. I've put up a dozen to choose from but feel free to ask for more to be added.

5-pt match, score juanz 0-1 Herd
Pipcount: juanz (red) 156, Herd (black) 151

Steve

Julia_H

Spoiler
9/3*/1 looks horrible to me - putting two men out of play when we have a wide-open board, a stiff structure and two isolated backs is just wrong. It's just hitting for the sake of it and we're heading for a longer, more strategic game than that. Especially when we can make a really strong, solid position with 13/9 6/4(2)
[close]

ah_clem

Spoiler

With ten checkers in the zone we are entering blitz territory.  And 9/3*/1 may well be best - when blitzing all points are equal, so making the ace point isn't as bad as it usually is.  However, I prefer the priming play 13/9 6/4(2). This gives us a solid four-prime plus the four-point. If he doesn't anchor we probably have a cube.  And if he does, we have a strong prime.  OTOH, if he anchors after the blitzing play we have little to show for it other than two checkers buried on the ace point.

13/9 6/4(2)
[close]