Add your picture URL in your profile.

Main Menu

important notice re personal messages

Started by stog, March 19, 2014, 11:25:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stog

important notice re personal messages

please delete all read personal messages

please copy any personal messages you wish to  keep in my messages to your own computers

i shall be pruning out all the personal messages stored over a few months old this week, as our database server host is requiring we reduce the size of the fibsboard database

jeeves

Too friendly by far, you should've pressed the delete button first and then sent out this message  B)

stog

i am doing some pruning and maintenance to the Forum.

I have deleted members who have been inactive for over 4 years and haven't posted.

Members have private message allocations; the quota depending on their membergroup

VIP Donors have the largest quota

All members are requested to prune their own messages from time to time, but as we are now over 10 years old some have not been, and so i think it best to warn all, that if there are messages you wish to archive, that you copy them to your own computers asap, as i shall have to further reduce quotas and prune again shortly.

the upside of all this is that the Forum does seem to be faster; i have emptied many error logs and notification log files, and am fine tuning as many aspects of the Forum as i can, in advance of the major upgrades and the new layout we shall soon have to take ...

webrunner

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

socksey

Don't forget outgoing messages, too!   ;)

Hi, webrunner!  Nice to see your face here!  :yes:   :feest005: to Hypnosa for me! 

socksey

The miracle of your existence calls for celebration every day. - Oprah Winfrey