News:

"Fibsboard allows for more considered reading and response, whereas Fibs shout is a more intuitive interaction"

Main Menu

I think my FIBS account might have expired

Started by tanglebear, March 23, 2014, 03:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanglebear

I've been off a very long time. Maybe a few years. Now I can't get in. Should I assume I'm expired?

maria

Yep.
If you want the same name back, log in as GUEST, then follow the new instructions to get yourself validated.
Good luck and welcome back.

tanglebear

Quote from: maria on March 23, 2014, 09:51:57 AM
Yep.
If you want the same name back, log in as GUEST, then follow the new instructions to get yourself validated.
Good luck and welcome back.

Thanks. I'm in again, and waiting for validation.

Do you happen to know whether I have to play to keep my account live? Or do I just have to log in. I had a problem before because I kept logging in and it was hard to get a match. And it's not as if I'm a dropper. I just didn't have a lot of patience, and if I could not get a match after several tries I'd leave. That, combined with health problems caused me to give up even logging in.

Tom

Quote from: tanglebear on March 24, 2014, 01:15:01 AM
Thanks. I'm in again, and waiting for validation.

Do you happen to know whether I have to play to keep my account live? Or do I just have to log in. I had a problem before because I kept logging in and it was hard to get a match. And it's not as if I'm a dropper. I just didn't have a lot of patience, and if I could not get a match after several tries I'd leave. That, combined with health problems caused me to give up even logging in.

logging in should do it I think.

tom

stiefnu

QuoteI just didn't have a lot of patience, and if I could not get a match after several tries I'd leave

Be aware that when you invite a player, this immediately cancels any previous invitation from you. So it is good to allow an invitee a bit of time, maybe 10 seconds or so, to check out you reputation on RepBotNG, before inviting another player.

Steve

tanglebear

I found out from Patti that I only have to log in. Also, new memberships expire after 15 days, older ones after 6 months.

Quote from: stiefnu on March 24, 2014, 08:12:48 PM
Be aware that when you invite a player, this immediately cancels any previous invitation from you. So it is good to allow an invitee a bit of time, maybe 10 seconds or so, to check out you reputation on RepBotNG, before inviting another player.

I was waiting 30 seconds after every one, in case the player didn't notice the invite right away. Maybe that's why I lost patience.